Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

Outdated version of P3D v3??

I have just purchased the PMDG 777-200LR/F package for P3D, but when I try to install it, I get a message stating that I have an outdated version of P3D v3, and that I need to update it. The product information on the website states that it is compatible with P3D v3 and v4. I currently have v3.3.5 installed. Can someone please assist?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

17 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

Can someone please assist?

You using any migrations tools on your system, like the EMT?

Kyle Rodgers

No, I do not have the EMT or any other type of migration tool on my PC.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Kyle and friends would know best, but is there some sort of requirement that he be on v3.4 rather than v3.3? Perhaps a midstream update to the 777 made having the latest version in the v3 a necessity?

15 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

No, I do not have the EMT or any other type of migration tool on my PC.

The min version may actually be v3.4 and not just 3.x. Try updating to the latest version of v3. It's free anyway, and comes with a number of fixes.

Kyle Rodgers

If that is the case, then you need to update the information on your website. However, wouldn't the 747-400 need v3.4 if the 777 does? I have that aircraft installed and working just fine in v3.3.5.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

3 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

If that is the case, then you need to update the information on your website. However, wouldn't the 747-400 need v3.4 if the 777 does? I have that aircraft installed and working just fine in v3.3.5.

The 744 page says 3.3 and up, so you should be okay.

Either way, I don't see why someone wouldn't update to 3.4 or later. That's where all of the improvements are, and it's free. It may also fix the installer issue, which I will raise. Still...in the meantime, you might as well get some free performance and a potentially working install.

Kyle Rodgers

I will consider it, although I would prefer not to have to update if I can possibly help it. I prefer to stick with a working version of P3D without the hassle of having to upgrade for features that I will probably not even notice :wink:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

2 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

I will consider it, although I would prefer not to have to update if I can possibly help it. I prefer to stick with a working version of P3D without the hassle of having to upgrade for features that I will probably not even notice :wink:

Up to you. I certainly recommend it, honestly.

The client uninstall/install takes less time than downloading and updating our aircraft.

Like I said, it may fix the installer issue, in addition to features/improvements that will actually benefit you.

Stubbornness, however, is your choice.

Kyle Rodgers

Just now, Krycek said:

P3D v4.1 is a working version, I can attest to that.

That would require paying, however.

Not as straightforward of an update.

Kyle Rodgers

1 minute ago, scandinavian13 said:

That would require paying, however.

Not as straightforward of an update.

I know, I thought we were talking about working P3D versions where PMDG products rock !

Can someone just remind me what I need to do with respect to updating the P3D client? Is it simply a case of uninstalling the old client, and then installing the new one? In addition, I seem to recall someone stating that v3.4 does not handle VAS quite as well as v3.3. Is that true?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

2 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

Can someone just remind me what I need to do with respect to updating the P3D client? Is it simply a case of uninstalling the old client, and then installing the new one?

Yep.

This is written for v4, but v3 is the same (as noted in the top text). You only need to do the stuff for the client. The instructions continue to the other components (scenery/content/etc), but those are not necessary.

https://prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=120861

Kyle Rodgers

Well, it seems that the PMDG 777 does indeed need P3D v3.4 to be installed. I updated the P3D client to version 3.4.22, and was then able to successfully install the 777.

• Upvote 2

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png