Sign in to follow this  
Nugget59

DHC-3 Otter

I use MS Flight Simulator X - Just installed the DHC-3 Otter on my Windows 10 machine.  All appears to be working except I don't see the actual plane.  I only see the passenger windows and pilot sitting in the seat.  No exterior plane structure or propeller. Any suggestions ?

Sounds like a possible issue with the views.

Are you using EZdok or Chase Plane?

What happens if you reset the views and go directly to the VC or Spot View? Does that help?

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Did you see the plane when you chose it to fly, or is that what you are describing?  Your thread is tagged as FSX, not steam, so I need to ask if you have Acceleration or at least SP2?  DX10 unchecked in your settings?

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

11 hours ago, Henry Street said:

Which DC-3? Is it the JustFlight one or the Milviz one?

The OTTER one!   DHC-3 Otter

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

19 minutes ago, charliearon said:

The OTTER one!   DHC-3 Otter

LOL oops... sorry...yes which DHC-3, the JustFlight one or the Milviz one?

Yea, it's not that one, it's the otter one.

Kerry W. Gipe
Savannah Georgia, USA
US FAA A&P / Commercial Pilot Multi Engine Land IFR

Your talent is a gift from God. How you use your talent is your gift back to God.

I am helping my Dad with this.  He has been using this program for about 6 years.   I have showed him your questions.

1. Are you using EZdok or Chase Plane?  He does not know what EZdok or Chase Plane is.

What happens if you reset the views and go directly to the VC or Spot View? Does that help?  He does not know how to reset the views.

2. Did you see the plane when you chose it to fly, or is that what you are describing?  Yes we do see the plane when you go to chose and fly.

I need to ask if you have Acceleration or at least SP2?  No he does not have it in the software.

DX10 unchecked in your settings?  Does not know how to get to settings.

3.  Is it the JustFlight one or the Milviz one? - He has the Milviz.

Any suggestions ?

With the Milviz, they are VERY specific and adamant that the installer be downloaded and run with all antivirus turned off. The symptoms of not all parts being visible is one of the indicators that antivirus might have prevented some install process. 

You probably want to contact oisin at milviz.com to get access to their support forum.

There is also an unofficial Milviz support forum here at Avsim that the Milviz folks visit on a regular basis.

You can check in Control Panel Add/Remove Programs to see if SP2 is installed under Microsoft Flight Simulator X.  DX10 would be in your FSX/Settings/Customize/Graphics page Above Lens Flare and Light Bloom If your system is capable of using it.

Charlie Aron

Just to make sure we are on the same page..... You said you see the Otter fully before hitting "Fly Now".  I'm using my freeware Otter in the screenshot.  You see something like this?  If so, you should see similar when starting your flight.

OTTER.jpg

Charlie Aron

In the selection of Current Aircraft - I click on Change - then I do see the plane and select it.  The actual plane does not appear in the window you are displaying.  It only displays the outline of the windows and you do see the pilot sitting in the seat.