Sign in to follow this  
Bobn

Problem with throttle

Can anyone help please. When landing any aeroplane on touchdown I press F1 key and joystick throttle has been set to off, but when taxiing the throttle keeps 

increasing to about 40% on its own. I have to keep on pressing F1 key. A similar problem occurs on start up. When fsx boots up to the airport gate the autopilot/auto throttle is always on with

every aeroplane so I have to press pause immediately & then cancel autopilot, otherwise the plane ends up in the terminal building.

Is there anything in settings where these two problems can be  alleviated. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Bob

Sounds like the auto throttle is on also.  Sounds like you need to setup a new default flight with everything except Avionics switch turned off. Then save it and check the box "Save as Default Filght".

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Okay. There are a couple of things to do/check. 

First. You did not mention joystick calibration. If you haven't done it, do that through Windows control panel with FSX not running. Make sure that the throttle lever operates properly through the entire range. 

Second. To fix the engines on and throttled up during start up problem, start FSX like you are now. As soon as the flight starts and will accept commands, press Ctrl-Shift-F1. This will shut off fuel to the engines and stop them. If the brakes weren't set when you saved the flight, be sure to stand on them as it starts up so you don't launch through the terminal before you can get the engines to shut down. Once they are shut down, start turning off all of the airplane's systems. Make sure no AP modes are active, turn off the auto throttle, set airspeed and altitude bugs to zero, turn off all of the lights, turn off the master battery and avionics master switches, close all the doors, and set the view as you would like it to be when you start the flight next time. Once you have all of that done, save the flight and make sure the box to use it as the default flight is checked.

The only thing you need to remember is that when you start the flight, you saved it with the fuel flow turned off. The 737 always starts a new flight with the fuel flow levers on the pedestal between the seats in the up (on) position. When your flight starts, turn them off. This will allow you to turn them on at the proper time during the start up sequence. To start the engines (I assume that you have turned the power and electronics on first): turn each of the start switches from GND to FLT, while they are spooling up turn the fuel flow back on Ctrl-Shift-F4, and when N2 gets above 18% on an engine, flip the fuel flow lever on the pedestal for that engine up (make sure throttle is set to idle and brakes are set first!!!).  

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

Thanks to both for your replies. 

Charliearon, as stated the Auto pilot, auto throttle, and joystick throttle are all off when landing. I also press F1 as another 

precaution so the throttle idles but then the throttle increases on its own.

MDFlier, I have calibrated the joystick in FSX, but not in windows, I will give it a try. It is an old joystick (microsoft sidewinder)

so maybe I could try replacing it. But it works fine other than the mentioned.

Maybe the secret is to save the completed flight with everything set to off, save it as the default, and begin the next flight from

the same airport and not select a different one.

Many thanks again to you both for your imput. 

Regards Bob

6 hours ago, Bobn said:

MDFlier, I have calibrated the joystick in FSX, but not in windows, I will give it a try. It is an old joystick (microsoft sidewinder)

so maybe I could try replacing it. But it works fine other than the mentioned.

Don't replace it, Bob. That's the same stick I've been using since the early 90s. I love the darn thing. I hope it works longer than I do. 

Be sure to let us know how it works out. I've had this sort of issue happen before and I have no idea why. I know for a fact that I've never saved a flight sitting at the gate with the brakes on and the throttles firewalled, but I sure have started a couple of flights that way.  

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440