40 minutes ago, mwilk said:

I wonder if there's a performance hit?

If it would so, PMDG wouldn't go the step to do/develop it

Regards, Timm
ng6sypel.png
V1 Simulations | SimAware

3 hours ago, mwilk said:

I wonder if there's a performance hit?

RSR said: "almost no impact on performance" in his pinned thread. Take that how you will.

18 minutes ago, anthonyg96 said:

Hope it gets in for fsx 

It is P3Dv4 only.

• Upvote 2

Pretty impressive. Almost thought it was a joke at first cause I never look at their Facebook page. Things keep getting better and better with v4!

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Roadburner426 said:

Pretty impressive. Almost thought it was a joke at first cause I never look at their Facebook page. Things keep getting better and better with v4!

Indeed!

It's delightful to see, that PMDG is utilizing the new features and techniques of Prepar3D V4. It can only bode well for future developments. 

Quite honestly, I would expect PMDG to go Prepar3D V4 only soon and solely focus on the 64-bit architecture. Given, that Prepar3D V4 moves further away from the legacy platforms, they constantly have to take the different limitations and technology restrictions into account, if they want to have identical products specifications for each platform. Something, which is actually becoming a thing of the past, as far as I can see, with the addtional features like EFB, Airport Overlay and RainMaker, which is being implemented in the upcoming 747-8. 

I think people who stick with FSX, needs to get used to the fact, that future addons won't be released for their platform (and I'm talking in general terms here) or that these addons will suffer in terms of lacking feature support compared to their Prepar3D V4 counterpart. Mainly due to memory and technology restrictions in these legacy platforms...

I'm terribly sorry people, but those are the harsh reality - at least the way I see it... :smile:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

36 minutes ago, Tony P said:

In four words..... yes!

How is that four words?! :biggrin:

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

OK I love this but my question is why compete with TFDI over something like this. TFDI are constantly updating their product and making it better. I get competition is good but there is no point it this. Just stick with the aircraft and leave the rest to other developers and better developers.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

a54316-5.png

32 minutes ago, itsahemi said:

TFDI are constantly updating their product and making it better.

And PMDG isn't? I'm not sure I understand the issue.

• Upvote 2

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

49 minutes ago, itsahemi said:

OK I love this but my question is why compete with TFDI over something like this. TFDI are constantly updating their product and making it better. I get competition is good but there is no point it this. Just stick with the aircraft and leave the rest to other developers and better developers.

I'm not sure I understand either...

If PMDG wants to develop their own solution, then let them. Besides, it's not like TFDi is giving their TrueGlass away for free. 

• Upvote 1

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--