Sign in to follow this  
Woozie

PMDG RainMaker preview

11 hours ago, itsahemi said:

OK I love this but my question is why compete with TFDI over something like this. TFDI are constantly updating their product and making it better. I get competition is good but there is no point it this. Just stick with the aircraft and leave the rest to other developers and better developers.

With the release of 4.1 Lockheed Martin gave developers the required instructions to link effects like this to objects, it was a matter of time before someone would create their own.

If you have the resources to do your own technology why to pay others for it?

Besides this way it is under their control and if problems arise they can work with them without depending on any 3rd party.

Regards 

Simbol 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Am I the only one somewhat underwhelmed by these rain effects (including TFDI's)?

The whole idea of windscreen wipers is to allow you to see out of the window when it's raining, but these effects are so light (I'm assuming for performance reasons) that there is absolutely no need for a wiper as you can clearly see everything out of the window even when it's raining.

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, philbrown said:

Am I the only one somewhat underwhelmed by these rain effects (including TFDI's)?

Nope.

• Upvote 2

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Confused as to the earlier argument...

Why compete because someone else released something? So, what you're saying is that all developers should just quit because other developers exist? PMDG develops airplanes, so everyone else should stop making airplanes?

...or that because other devs release sound packs, we should make planes without sounds because putting sound in our planes competes with other devs?
...or if we are the first to the table with something, everyone else is just copying us?

Because Coke exists, Pepsi should throw in the towel?

No...sorry...that's not how life works, and that's not how anyone gets better. Lack of competition yields complacency.

I'll be blunt here: the earlier is one of the most asinine arguments that I've ever seen...particularly given the ending attempt at stirring up drama where none exists. TFDi is a bunch of good guys doing some cool stuff. We decided to utilize some new features of P3Dv4 to give people something they've requested for a while (clearly a few here aren't in that group).

This isn't a competition thing any more than we decided to make a plane we wanted to make, with features we wanted it to have. Take your drama to reddit, please.

• Upvote 9

Kyle Rodgers

1 hour ago, scandinavian13 said:

Take your drama to reddit, please.

There are strange people at reddit that don‘t like that bad scandinavian guy over at PMDG :ph34r:

20 hours ago, itsahemi said:

OK I love this but my question is why compete with TFDI over something like this. TFDI are constantly updating their product and making it better. I get competition is good but there is no point it this. Just stick with the aircraft and leave the rest to other developers and better developers.

...and while we’re at it, let’s do away with “free enterprise”.  Who needs it! 

• Upvote 1

supporter.jpg

Thanks,

Randall Coultas

Spoiler

Flight Sim: P3Dv4,4/ PC: i6700K @ 4.0Ghz / Asus Maximus VIII Hero / NZXT Kraken X61 / 16Gb ram / 2 X Samsung 840 EVO SSD 500Gb / WD Black 1TB / Geforce GTX 980ti

6 hours ago, Ephedrin said:

There are strange people at reddit that don‘t like that bad scandinavian guy over at PMDG :ph34r:

But there might be people that likes the scandinavian guy over at PMDG as he is saying only the truth.
Sometimes with straight words but in any case, he is answering to a lot of things!

I don´t get all the people here anymore: PMDG and Navigraph are working together to get Charts on the EFB but you need a subscribtion at Navigraph. No free solution but explained why but people are not really complaining.
Then, PMDG decides to make their own Rain effect working on the QOTSII so you don´t need to buy a additional addon like TFDi is offering, but people complaining.

• Upvote 1

Regards, Timm
ng6sypel.png
V1 Simulations | SimAware

8 hours ago, philbrown said:

The whole idea of windscreen wipers is to allow you to see out of the window when it's raining, but these effects are so light (I'm assuming for performance reasons) that there is absolutely no need for a wiper as you can clearly see everything out of the window even when it's raining.

8 hours ago, Ron Attwood said:

Nope.

Feel the same way... But we'll see how the final product looks like...

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

9 hours ago, philbrown said:

True! I really look forward if there are also some freezing/ice effects included or how the approach into a storm with heavy rain looks like. Lets see :)
The preview from Facebook was a bit strange for me as its raining quiet good but the water drops are not that much actually on the glass + only 1 or 2 are dropping down? But lets wait and see for he final result.

Regards, Timm
ng6sypel.png

I have been using the TFDI program for a while now and I like it. What do ya bet I'll like the PMDG one too? Like saying PMDG shouldn't develop a 767 because there is already one on the market...........

Scott

Kendall S Mann

Still Telling Pilots Where To Go!!

2 hours ago, xTiMm_ said:

I don´t get all the people here anymore: PMDG and Navigraph are working together to get Charts on the EFB but you need a subscribtion at Navigraph. No free solution but explained why but people are not really complaining.

Eh, I wouldn't be so sure about that. I actually ended up getting into a discussion with somebody about why they didn't have a free solution. Starts from there.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

Even the question is useless to ask as RSR already said why.
Sometimes we have to take the things as they come out.

Its that simple. If you don´t like it, continue searching and using the charts as you did until now and you do until the release or go for the option PMDG/Navigraph is offering.

Regards, Timm
ng6sypel.png

5 hours ago, xTiMm_ said:

But there might be people that likes the scandinavian guy over at PMDG as he is saying only the truth.
Sometimes with straight words but in any case, he is answering to a lot of things!

Haha, I‘d love to go for a beer with him 😂

On 2/11/2018 at 2:30 AM, itsahemi said:

Are you serious?  Better developers? Nothing is better than PMDG to do it than 3 rd party developers when it come to their own product. 

David

To add to David

fslabs are also including immersion in the coming update. Because fsfx is busy with other projects.

• Upvote 1