Sign in to follow this  
Tight Git

EGJJ Runway Designation

Good afternoon,

I'm not sure if this is a Radar Contact problem, but I always get good advice here!

I understand that the runway designations at Jersey Airport were changed in 2014.

Unfortunately I'm now left with a half and half situation in my FSX.

UK2000 Jersey Airport and PMDG 747 FMC (updated by Nav Data) says it's 08/26.

But RC4/MCE still call it 09/27, which was the old designation.

How can I get all these "singing from the same hymn sheet", please?

Im not sure what to do with the MCE bur for RC you should run Rebuild Svenery DB on the startpage of RC. Before you do that its a good idea to get MakeRunways, which is a freeware program that is updating your runways within FSX/P3D

Rgds

Johnny 

Johnny Holmgren

Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg

TG,

If you have UK2000 Jersey then Gary has probably updated it with the new runway designations. Download, install and rebuild your scenery database in RC4.

As Johnny says, make sure you have the latest Make Runways - 4.84 available here. http://forum.simflight.com/topic/66136-useful-additional-programs/

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Thanks, I do indeed see "26" on the UK2000 EGJJ runway as I land.

I'll try your suggestions and report back.

OK, latest Make Runways downloaded, installed and run, then RC4 Scenery Database updated.

A short flight from Gatwick to Jersey shows no change in runway designations as described above.

Any further ideas, please?

Have you got an Ai Traffic package installed? My Traffic Pro installs AFCADs for most airports. That one probably needs disabling. Then rebuild your RC database after first starting FSX so it builds its indexes.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Good afternoon Ray and thanks for your continued assistance.

I use Justflight's Traffic 360 and see it was installed in Jan 2013, ie before the runway designation change!

I've found this file:

Traffic360/AirportFacilities/Scenery/AFX_EGJJ.BGL

Is this the one to disable, please?

(I assume replacing .BGL with .old will do the trick?)

But does this mean no AI Traffic at Jersey?

I'm not sure that's a good compromise!

Yes, that’s the one. Change extension to anything other than BGL.

You’ll still get Ai at Jersey. FSX will use the UK2000 one.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Thanks again Ray.

I'm a bit busy for the next couple of days, but I'll report back when I get the chance.

Regret to report no improvement, despite disabling 

Traffic360/AirportFacilities/Scenery/AFX_EGJJ.BGL.

Just to be certain, I deselected Traffic 360 from the FSX Scenery Library (and then ran MakeRunways and RC4 Database Rebuild) but still no joy.

Any other ideas before I give up, please?

When you start FSX do you see the indexes being rebuilt? That is the indicator that FSX has detected a change in BGL files.

One thing you can do is to open runways.txt that is created by MakeRunways. Use Notepad ++. Go to the end of the file and search backwards for EGJJ. That will show you what MR is seeing. Maybe there is another egjj file interfering with the UK2000 one. 

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Spot on, Ray!  :biggrin:

There's a spurious EGJJ entry (with incorrect RW09/27) in runways.txt that seems to be associated with my Jersey scenery.

(Further up I can also see the UK2000 EGJJ with correct RW08/26.)

I'll try a EGKK to EGJJ flight with the spurious scenery entry disabled and see if that does the trick.

Just a bit worried that there might be a chunk of Jersey missing!

TG,

The fact that the default EGJJ is listed after the UK2000 one is concerning. If you haven't already done so move EGJJ to the top of Scenery Library then repeat the MR process.

Open r5.csv and see what entries you have for EGJJ there. I suspect you'll have 09/27 rather than 08/26.

Come back to me when you have the answer. Warning! Do not use Excel to open a csv as you will corrupt it. Use Notepad++ (a free download) as it's miles better than the default Notepad.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Good afternoon Ray,

I'm pleased to report complete success with this problem.  :biggrin:

I was able to get the correct runway designation with the "rogue" file disabled, but (as feared) I then lost part of the Jersey scenery.

So I then jiggled things around so that, with all scenery active, the two EGJJ's were present in the runways.txt file, but swapped over in position.

The UK2000 EGJJ now takes precedence and all scenery is present.

As I said in my original post:

"I'm not sure if this is a Radar Contact problem, but I always get good advice here."

How true.

Thanks again. :biggrin:

TG, 

Although you have a resolution to your problem it shouldn’t be necessary to disable any file that causes you to lose part of the scenery.

What was the name of the file you disabled?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather