Sign in to follow this  
Tight Git

EGJJ Runway Designation

47 minutes ago, Tight Git said:

LP_ADEX_PS.bgl

Without it, there's no TV mast on the north coast.

But that isn’t an AFCAD file.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I wouldn't know, Ray, but it's presence certainly causes a "false" EGJJ (with RW09/27 and long list of taxiways etc) to be shown in runway.txt !

1 hour ago, Tight Git said:

I wouldn't know, Ray, but it's presence certainly causes a "false" EGJJ (with RW09/27 and long list of taxiways etc) to be shown in runway.txt !

I'll check my install later today and come back to you.

LATER: I've just updated my version for P3D v3.4 and the EGJJ AFCAD is EGJJ_AFX_UK2xTRM.BGL.

If you search for and install ADE by ScruffyDuck you can see what it contains including runway designations.

The default Jersey with the wrong runways is APX47140.bgl in scenery\0501\scenery.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi Ray,

I'm sorry, but most of that is way over my head!

However, do I gather you think my Jersey scenery is the FSX default scenery?

It was several years ago now, and my memory is not what it used to be,

but I believe it's part of the Channel Islands scenery, produced by Earth Sims just before they went bust.

I don't think Jersey was ever released commercially, but they included a (possible) beta version, when I bought Alderney and Guernsey.

Anyway, unless you want to pursue this further, I'm happy that everything is working properly and thank you again for your assistance.

TG. :biggrin:

TG,

Ah I was assuming you have UK2000 EGJJ. AS you have a different one then what I said doesn't apply.

But if you want to try Gary Summons UK airports they are very good. Search for UK2000.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Ray,

Sorry if I haven't made myself clear.

(Mrs TG says I'm getting worse!)

I have ALL the UK2000 airports and use them in conjunction with all 10 volumes of the Playsims Horizon GenX photoscenery for Great Britain and whole of Ireland.

In addition, I have the EarthSims scenery for IOM, Scilly and Channel Islands.

It would appear that EarthSims scenery (which was produced before the EGJJ runway changes) includes airports, so they show up in MakeRunways text.

This was causing my original problem, but it's all sorted now I have changed the order of the two EGJJ entries in runways.txt.

A bit of a long haul, but we got there in the end! :biggrin:

TG,

I understand. You have two installs of EGJJ so the Earthsims one was the one with the wrong runways. That would explain the file you mentioned.

As you have everything under control we can draw a line under this conversation. Sorry for any misunderstanding. :smile:

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather