Sign in to follow this  
mac44

PMDG 737NG and TSS Sound Pack

Want to give one of the Turbine Sound packs a try for the PDMG 737 (have the base pack and expansion) - but slightly confused

there seems to be a few of them around for the 737 - below is one I found - but I am running P3Dv4 and it seems to be the latest version (x2) but appears to say its just compatible with the FSX? anyone got this working in P3Dv4 or suggest an alternative?

http://secure.simmarket.com/turbine-sound-studios-boeing-737-800900-cfm56-7b27-hd-pilot-edition-v2-soundpack-for-fsx.phtml

I know TSS is well respected but I did not like their 737 sounds at all.  PMDG default sounds are much better IMO.  I think TSS is better at creating external engine sounds vs engine sounds you would hear up front.  I rarely sit outside the aircraft so the external sounds never mattered to me much.  What I would recommend though is the Immersive Audio Cockpit sounds for the NGX.  This replaces many of the cockpit switch sounds, fans, etc and can be found at the same store.

• Upvote 1

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

1 minute ago, Flic1 said:

I know TSS is well respected but I did not like their 737 sounds at all.  PMDG default sounds are much better IMO.  I think TSS is better at creating external engine sounds vs engine sounds you would hear up front.  I rarely sit outside the aircraft so the external sounds never mattered to me much.  What I would recommend though is the Immersive Audio Cockpit sounds for the NGX.  This replaces many of the cockpit switch sounds, fans, etc and can be found at the same store.

thanks for the reply - saw that one so I might get it - is it likely to work with the TSS one (engines) or should you really use one or the other?

TSS focuses more on engine sounds but does have some internal environment sounds. The Immersive Audio has only flight deck sounds.  I assume you could use them together??  I would install the Immersive Audio pack after the TSS pack if you were to use both.

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

2 hours ago, Flic1 said:

TSS focuses more on engine sounds but does have some internal environment sounds. The Immersive Audio has only flight deck sounds.  I assume you could use them together??  I would install the Immersive Audio pack after the TSS pack if you were to use both.

ok will try this - assume you need to install (once the mod is purchased)files into flight sim/simobjects /airplanes/pdmg737/sound folder? (interestingly when I check this folder there just seems to be a .cfg file with nothing to overwrite currently?) - and you work down all the variants 800/900 and manually make the changes-also the link I sent you says FSX only - assume it could work or better to find a P3D version?

3 hours ago, mac44 said:

ok will try this - assume you need to install (once the mod is purchased)files into flight sim/simobjects /airplanes/pdmg737/sound folder? (interestingly when I check this folder there just seems to be a .cfg file with nothing to overwrite currently?) - and you work down all the variants 800/900 and manually make the changes-also the link I sent you says FSX only - assume it could work or better to find a P3D version?

Make sure they go into the standard 800 sound folder... /PMDG 737-800NGX/sound.  All of the others (winglets, 900, etc) are aliased to that folder within that .cfg file. And yes, that FSX version is also for P3D.  Good luck!

Eric

On ‎10‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 3:14 PM, Flic1 said:

bit confused

got both the TSS and immersive sound packs - TSS installs first completely replaces the .wav files (no problem) but immersive seems to arranged differently - the .wav files are arranged into 4 folders in the sound folddr - CAWS levers switches various - but this arrangement of folders is not in the 800's sound folder before or after I install the TSS pack?how should u install the immersive NGX pack?..any help appreciated?

18 minutes ago, mac44 said:

bit confused

got both the TSS and immersive sound packs - TSS installs first completely replaces the .wav files (no problem) but immersive seems to arranged differently - the .wav files are arranged into 4 folders in the sound folddr - CAWS levers switches various - but this arrangement of folders is not in the 800's sound folder before or after I install the TSS pack?how should u install the immersive NGX pack?..any help appreciated?

The Immersive Audio sounds will replace the sounds in the following:

.../P3Dv4/Sound/PMDG/737NGX

I backed up that folder and then just replaced them with the Immersive sounds.

Eric