Sign in to follow this  
Max Kraus

Outstanding freeware Ships!

Just wanted to post this for those that haven't tried these and to say thanks. I love sailing in FS and it looks like it will be even better in FSX. There are several ships in the library from "Robert Waszkiewicz - Deltasim Studio" and they are just beautiful. Very detailed, great VCs that include the whole ship, custom effects, sounds, a great experience.Thanks Robert!Regards, MichaelKDFWhttp://www.calvirair.com/mcpics/mcdcvabanner.jpgCalVirAir International

Best, Michael

KDFW

Thanks for the tip Michael, those look awesome. Imagine what sailing will be like with the new water effects in FSX!

Guest thedoggg

Welcome to Microsoft Ship Simulator. I just got the Andrea Gail, Very nice for a change of pace. Looks very detailed so don't know if it is suitable for AI. Like to set her up to do trips on her own for when I don't feel like taking the wheel and going swordfishing.Regards, Carlos

They are stunning, aren't they.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Guest rmce

Great Stuff!However, I installed and cannot see them in fs9. Ran teh .exe file as suggested which sent unzipped into Fs9 folder.Where?Do I need other add ons?I am proabaly missing something obvious, but then again, whats new!

I've noticed that some installers have the wrong OR not complete path to FS9. Most installations have to go to "C drive", "Program files", "Microsoft games", "FS9".When you run the installer make sure the path is correct. Browse to where your FS9 folder is located. You only have to go to the FS9 folder, you don't have to go all the way to the aircraft folder.

Guest rmce

Yep thats it!Fixing path now.Thanks,

Guest rmce

Thanks again.Loaded TUG at Seattle and moved to 'Seattle Sound' and saw a car ferry! Tug is now docked in Ferry landing! (also aground, but so what!)Any custom docks, landings accessible..SFO Fishermans Warf,idea places that I can dock right against.Great Fun!

"Wind in the wires made a tattle tale sound and a wave broke over the railing......"Too bad we can't have big swell's on the seas. But it is FLIGHT simulator after all!BTW, can't remember where I got it but I do have an excellent version of the queen mary I "sail" every now and then.

Just tried the tug - really cool....Try searching AVSIM file library in FS2004 for Juneau. It should come up with a few files which have docks etc. One is the ferry terminal and the other coincerns Juneau warfside etc. Have fun..

The models are nice, but does any one know of some buoy models that could be installed?scott s..

>http://www.scharnhop-hh.de/schiff7.jpg>>http://www.scharnhop-hh.de/schiff8.jpgOh wow, that one reminds me of the fishing boat aka trawler that we filmed an episode of flipper on... "Lost and Found"Might need to download that one and add it to an AI path where we filmed :)...Very nice...Thanks for bringing back some wonderful memories... :) Although I can still smell the rotting fish in the sun :( lol

Dean Mountford
Ultimate VFR

Hi FolksYou might find some other vessels at -FS-Shipyards - FS ain't just for flying ! http://www.fs-shipyards.orgBuoysI have some non-FS buoy 3ds source files which are on my ToDo list to try a conversion.Due to other commitments, it'll be about 6 weeks before I get round to them.HTHATBPaulhttp://www.basys.f9.co.uk/resources/images..._sig_500x94.jpg

Guest rmce

Hey Great site! Immediatley bookmarked.Thanks,