Sign in to follow this  
Nugget59

Milviz DHC-3 Otter not displaying

I am writing on behalf of my father to assist in troubleshooting why the software he purchased - Milviz DHC-3 Otter is not displaying the plane.

The anti-virus software was disabled prior to install.  He is using MS Flight Simulator X on a Windows 10 machine.  When he goes to select the plane, the image of the plane is visible.  When he is ready to fly, you can only see an image of the pilot sitting in the seat and the outline of the windows.  You do not see the physical exterior of the plane or the propellor.

Any ideas on how to fix this ?

This is an unofficial user-to-user support forum for Milviz.  Milviz now has their own support forum.  Hopefully one of our members here can assist but you might be wise to check out their official support forum too.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Follow this link to the Milviz support website and suggestions for fixing this type of issue.  You will likely need to register as a user at their site in order to access the page I have linked.  The page is actually in their B55 (Beech Baron) support area, but it is the same general issue and can apply to other aircraft as well.

http://www.milviz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=59&t=2672

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Hello Nugget59,  As one of the developers of this DHC3 perhaps I can assist .

The symptom as you describe it has all the hallmarks of a Video Card overload , I would suspect that the available memory is low , 500 MB would be insufficient , a gigabyte barely able to load the texture sets.

Can the Machine specs be listed please? , I will look for your fathers post on the MV forums , If the issue is memory a solution is setting the max texture size to 1024X1024, creating a set of lower resolution textures to accommodate less powerful hardware is an option MV can explore.

Best CJ