Sign in to follow this  
BrianW

FO no longer selects doors page during the after landing flow.

Is anyone else seeing an issue in version 3.3 where the FO doesn't select the doors page after landing even with the option set to yes in the cfg settings?  For me the FO only sets the doors after I call for engine 1 to start/feather.  I’m wondering if I’m missing a step or something.

Brian W

KPAE

The reason it was changed is because the Doors Page appeared too early during Taxi and prevented you monitoring the Taxi Ground Speed, you only need this page after parking at the gate.

Glen

So just to clarify, the config option “FO SELECTS DRS DSP A.LDG” is a setting as to whether the FO displays the doors page at all?  “A.LDG” makes it sound like it is an option for the after landing flow.  I appreciate that this change was made to accommodate those who for whatever reason need such a precise taxi speed, but I hope this wasn’t in exchange for a real after landing flow item for many q400 operators. Seems like a better option would be have the choice of the doors page during the after landing flow, or the parking flow as opposed to the parking flow or not at all.

Brian W

KPAE

It tends to be normal practice to slow to about 10 knots or below during sharp turns, in the real aircraft this may be easier to judge but not so on a PC simulator which is where the ground speed display comes in.  I can see no valid reason to sit looking at the Doors display just after leaving the runway even for real world operators, although I'm sure they have their reasons.

Glen