Pascal_LSGC

11.20VR2 released !

3 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

You ever notice how few video makers ever post their specs? :blink:

Yep - Very frustrating...

1 minute ago, irrics said:

Yep - Very frustrating...

This gentleman includes his specs.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Correction: P3D V2 has just added native WMR support.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

8 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

Correction: P3D V2 has just added native WMR support.

?  P3D version 2?  Aren't they on like v4+ right now?

Edit.  I see what you meant... version 4.2

Hello again to you all,

Fascinating videos to say the least.

A couple of questions if I may.

1. I have the Saitek control setup ie yoke and connected quadrant, pedals, USB trim wheel and an USB quadrant which is set up for either twin or four engine jets through FSUIPC. Because of this, I want to use this in conjunction with a mouse rather than the controllers. Controllers are fine except that I perceive a problem dropping controllers to grab the yoke or quadrants and not being able to find them again without removing the HMD. Is this relevant? In any case, I have a fair amount of keyboard input as well and I see a potential problem with this too.  Can somebody talk me through that.

2. I have decided to wait for the reviews of the expected Pimax 8k  but I am expecting to buy either the Samsung MR or the new (upgraded by that time) Rift, which I guess, reflects my expectations of the Pimax. But getting back to Samsung MR(or similar) Can anyone tell me just how much better the resolution is over the current Rift and whether or not the MR vs VR experience is very much different.

I am finding this topic incredibly interesting and informative and seeing it eventually playing a huge part in me making a VR?MR decision in the near future.

Thanks guys. 

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

20 minutes ago, himmelhorse said:

1. I have the Saitek control setup ie yoke and connected quadrant, pedals, USB trim wheel and an USB quadrant which is set up for either twin or four engine jets through FSUIPC. Because of this, I want to use this in conjunction with a mouse rather than the controllers. Controllers are fine except that I perceive a problem dropping controllers to grab the yoke or quadrants and not being able to find them again without removing the HMD. Is this relevant? In any case, I have a fair amount of keyboard input as well and I see a potential problem with this too.  Can somebody talk me through that.

Not I.

The current vr control scheme is tending towards allowing one to use the touch controllers without needing other input devices. Coordination between complex physical controls and the vr controls will probably have to be negotiated by each individual user peer their specific setup. I note that the current vr updates do now include the option to access mouse cursor control.

However...... this might have some pointers for you.

29 minutes ago, himmelhorse said:

Can anyone tell me just how much better the resolution is over the current Rift and whether or not the MR vs VR experience is very much different.

This gentleman is usually very informative. Only two things to keep in mind. Simmers always pretty much face forward, so an additional sensor for the Oculus is generally meaningless to us. Secondly, prices have changed. Always check to see where they are currently when making a purchase decision.

Devons rig

I just bought a Samsung Odissey. Considering that it has the same resolution as the incoming Vive Pro and that WMR devices are now supported by XP11, P3D and DCS, I am really looking forward to testing it and comparing it to my Rift.

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

23 minutes ago, GCBraun said:

I just bought a Samsung Odissey. Considering that it has the same resolution as the incoming Vive Pro and that WMR devices are now supported by XP11, P3D and DCS, I am really looking forward to testing it and comparing it to my Rift.

What is a WMR ? never heard of it.

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Thiago,

I, for one, would really appreciate an in-depth assessment/comparison specifically related to Flight sim. I watched the above videos (Thank you so much Devon) and it is very informative. However, very few of these comparisons (if any) are FlightSim specific. Also I note that the Oddyssy is only USD399 direct from Samsung at the moment. Of course by the time I add a second round of taxes and freight (also taxed here) it is going to be up around the USD7-800 mark. But for US buyers it would appear to be great value, particularly if better for flight sim than the Rift.

Please stay in touch mate and let us all know. Also, can you please let us know which sim actually is better with the Samsung as I think that is extremely interesting.

I genuinely hope you are going to be very happy with your purchase.

Congrats

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

Humpty Dumpty,

WMR = Windows Mixed Reality.

From what I can see it is a different (newer technology) version of VR ... ie Same dog ... different leg action. Check oput the videos posted by Devon .... very informative.

Regards

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

thanks himmel

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

9 hours ago, himmelhorse said:

Thiago,

I, for one, would really appreciate an in-depth assessment/comparison specifically related to Flight sim. I watched the above videos (Thank you so much Devon) and it is very informative. However, very few of these comparisons (if any) are FlightSim specific. Also I note that the Oddyssy is only USD399 direct from Samsung at the moment. Of course by the time I add a second round of taxes and freight (also taxed here) it is going to be up around the USD7-800 mark. But for US buyers it would appear to be great value, particularly if better for flight sim than the Rift.

Please stay in touch mate and let us all know. Also, can you please let us know which sim actually is better with the Samsung as I think that is extremely interesting.

I genuinely hope you are going to be very happy with your purchase.

Congrats

Tony

Yes, I also had to import it as I live in Germany. In the end is going to cost me around 550 Euro. 

I will post my impressions as soon as I receive it (should be in the next week)!

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

16 hours ago, himmelhorse said:

1. [...] Controllers are fine except that I perceive a problem dropping controllers to grab the yoke or quadrants and not being able to find them again without removing the HMD. Is this relevant? In any case, I have a fair amount of keyboard input as well and I see a potential problem with this too.  Can somebody talk me through that.

You don't have any problem to find your controllers: you actually see them in VR (at least, an hybrid between the Vive and Rift ones). You might have some problems finding your mouse. You can organize your space around so that you can put the controllers to rest easily. The best I found is to put a chair at my right: the reason is that I actually did try to drop them on the virtual seat at my left, while there was nothing there in reality (and I'm sure I'm not the only one who did that ;-) ). Bang. :o

8 hours ago, mike4 said:

Microsoft also joined OpenXR:

https://www.khronos.org/openxr

Looking forward for reviews of Odyssey, Vive Pro, Pimax 8K. Oh well anything, as I'll get later this year a VR device.

Great news !

Cheers,

Pascal

My Samsung Odyssey arrives Thursday!

Excited to be back into trying out VR!

• Upvote 2