Sign in to follow this  
nostalgiezug

Prepar3D v4.1 Dynamic Lighting Performance Issue in 4K

Hi all,

I was wondering if someone could help me. I'm getting really poor performance issues (Low FPS and huge micro stutters) in Prepar3D v4.1 with Dynamic Lighting enabled. I have tried the following things, but there are still many issues. I have tried a range of aircraft in which some struggle more than others.

My system is:

Intel Core i7 4770K (OC'd to 4.3 GHz) CPU, ASUS GTX 1080 Graphics Card, ASUS Z87-A Mainboard, 32 GB Corsair RAM, Samsung EVO SSD, Hisense 4K TV (40 inch). 

The following aircraft are:

PMDG 737 (600/700/800/900) - Mild stutters and low FPS when external lights cross each other, also when dome light is enabled.

PMDG 777 (200/300) - Mild stutters and low FPS when external lights are switched on.

FSLabs A320 X - Bad stutters and very low FPS when FS Spotlights is enabled in the cabin. Some mild stutters when external lights are switched on.

Majestic Dash 8 Q400 - No issues (Assume this is because it still uses legacy lighting? When Dynamic Lighting is switched off, lights can still illuminate the runway).

Aerosoft CRJ X - Bad stutters and low FPS when Flood LT dial is switched to on and flood lights illuminate the flight deck.

I have tried the following things:

1. Set exclusions from Windows Defender for the Prepar3D v4.1 folder, FSLabs folders etc. (as advised by FSLabs).

2. Changed resolution from 3840 x 2160 to lower resolutions.

3. Deleted all shaders and started with a Vanilla Copy of Prepar3D v4.1 with no addons apart from the particular aircraft.

4. Updated/Downgraded Nvidia Graphics Drivers.

5. Upgraded aircraft to the latest version.

6. Formatted my PC and ensured that everything is perfectly working.

7. Configured my Nvidia GTX 1080 on High Performance and kept all P3D settings to a minimum.

8. Changed TV Monitor from 60Hz to 30Hz and configured with/without V-Sync etc.

9. Changed all AA settings (FXAA, MSAA, SSAA, SGSS). 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Does anybody have any ideas? I assume this is a genuine issue and something that will be resolved in the future?

Many thanks,

Pete

Hi newtie!

I've changed all settings, including all AA settings. I can't think of anything that I haven't changed. I've scaled them from completely 'low' all the way to 'high' and the same issues occur.

Have you got any idea why or have had a similar issue?

Many thanks,

Pete

Dynamic lighting is going to take a toll regardless of what you may read here. 

I've got it working reasonably well (22-24fps) because I love the effect at night at the major airports. Try not running weather and see if that helps. What are your AI levels?

Thanks newtie!

Testing without AI. Only VATSIM on occasions. Not running weather also dramatically helps things. I think I'll wait to see what happens. I'm sure there will be further improvements in the future.

Many thanks for your help - really appreciated!

Pete :)