Sign in to follow this  
Curly

Solution for Saitek panels in P3DV4

My Saitek panels (Multi,Radio,BIP,,Switch)had been dark since I moved over from FSX. I bought Spad.next and found it was a horrible and long setup and gave up...

Until I found this French simulator site with a complete and simple solution...http://www.pilote-virtuel.com/viewtopic.php?id=45834

Essentially it has a link for Spad 0.5.1version and a contributors Spad 0.7 whic is a fix for 64 bit operation.

You download these two. Install Spad 0.5.1 and 0.7 in the same folder. Make a desktop shortcut for Spad 0.7

To set up you refer to the little yellow plane which appears in your tool bar.

Anyway there are complete instructions in French...

Make sure you have deleted all Saitek drivers from Logiteck which are poisonous and a total mess as he mentions.

What a joy to see all the lights come on at once on startup.

Have a nice flight !

Spad.next is pretty good, IMHO "horrible" is an overly negative description. Particularly if the alternative involves me downloading multiple programs, and then reading an instruction manual in French!

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

While spad.next can be a bit daunting if you try and start from scratch, I find downloading existing profiles and then modifying them t suit your needs makes it a lot easier.

Mario Di Lauro

For information:

I submit a ticket to the consumers service of Logitech (new owner of saïtek).

I receive a responses that they are busy writing a new driver directly for the p3d 64 version. Not delay announced.

Have you tried LINDA?  LINDA supports P3DV4 and Saitek panels and is easy to use.  I still use FSXSE but am going to switch to P3DV4.  I've been checking to see if all my current hardware and software is supported on Lockheeds platform.  But for sure, LINDA does support P3DV4.

http://fs-linda.com/

Gnacino

Set Spad.next to always run as admin, works for me...
Right click "exe" then go to Compatability and tick "Run the program as an administrator" at the bottom.

I agree about SPAD. OK if you're into tweaking and are of that mind, but for me it's one of the most unintuitive pieces of software I have ever used for simming. I always found it very frustrating, ie it would work some of the time but not all of the time, whereas FSUIPC and LINDA have been rock solid.

Edited by Rockliffe

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

There are profiles that people have built in SPAD Next that work great . I use custom ones for all my aircraft. You can access them through the program.

Richie Walsh

Just to add a little balance (and note that I have just the Radio and Switch panels)...

I have used the original Spad, Spad.next, LINDA, etc for my Saitek peripherals at various times.  The Saitek drivers were truly junk for the longest time, especially when Windows 10 came out.  However, at the moment I am actually just using the the latest Logitech drivers and don't even run anything else, in the interest of minimizing stuff that runs in the background. The latest Logitech drivers are actually up to date for W10, reasonably bug-free and work fine, if you aren't requiring custom programming capability.  The radio panel in particular is pretty much plug-and-play now. I just accept that a few of the switches don't work for certain aircraft that tap specific LVAR parameters (for example, the BATT and ALT switches on A2A aircraft are typically funky, as are some of the light switches).

Of course, the Logitech drivers don't allow any re-programming, so to me that is where Spad and LINDA come in.  But if you just want something that works for standard use and you don't need any customization, the factory drivers can be a perfectly viable solution.

YMMV...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

- Kevin

Windows 10 / i9-10900k / Zotac RTX-3080 Trinity OC (12GB) / MSI MEG Z490 ACE mobo / Corsair H150i RGB PRO XT liquid cooler / 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3333MHz C16 DDR4 RAM / Dell Alienware AW3418DW WQHD 3440x1440 GSync / Samsung 970 EVO Plus M.2 2TB (OS) & 860 EVO 4TB SDD / WD Caviar Black 4TB HDD  / EVGA Supernova 850 G5 PSU / Be Quiet Dark Base Pro 900 rev 2 case / Virpil Warbird base with ThrustMaster Warthog HOTAS grip / MFG Crosswind rudder pedals / Virtual-Fly TQ6+ throttle quadrant / Winwing Orion HOTAS F-18 Throttle / Virpil TCS+ collective base with Hawk-60 grip / Saitek Trim Wheel / Saitek Radio and Switch Panels / Winwing Combat Ready Panel / Tobii 5