Sign in to follow this  
nicboyGS

What's the best setting for mesh resolution

Hi

I'm trying to find out if mesh setting to 1cm will have an impact to the FPS. I have moved my setting from 5cm to 2cm due to using the FS global next 2018. Now I want to move to 1cm, will anyone tried to see a difference in the frame rate. What is the best mesh setting you recommend. 

8 hours ago, nicboyGS said:

Hi

I'm trying to find out if mesh setting to 1cm will have an impact to the FPS. I have moved my setting from 5cm to 2cm due to using the FS global next 2018. Now I want to move to 1cm, will anyone tried to see a difference in the frame rate. What is the best mesh setting you recommend. 

I think you mean m, not cm, for mesh resolution.

Bert is correct for Orbx, but I have issues at 5m with some airports (possibly due to FreemeshX). Setting to 10m or 1m overcomes these issues. I don’t notice any performance impact as settings change.

Higher resolution will tax your cpu and affect fps slightly, but impact will depend on the topography of the area you are flying.

10m is usually a sweet spot, but for very detailed mesh, especially local mesh around airports, you might need 5m.

10m might also be too inaccurate for very detailed vector scenery like ORBX regions. You might experience a few areas where the terrain is too steap to place roads and coastlines accurately.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

21 hours ago, nicboyGS said:

Hi

Where's you spirit of adventure?  :) Just set it to 1 and see what happens.

gb.

• Upvote 1

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

+1.....

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

your comp. will not blow up, just set it to 1 and see what the effect is

If ;you don't own any 1 meter mesh it will not show up as 1 meter anyway

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's