Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

Experience with FSAerodata?

Does anyone have this and is updating their default navdata?  Is it possible to just buy the 3 month subscription, and one matching cycle from navigraph and call it a day?  

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I tried it using the minimum subscription.  

blaustern

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

9 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

Does anyone have this and is updating their default navdata?  Is it possible to just buy the 3 month subscription, and one matching cycle from navigraph and call it a day?  

That's what I did. Once you have a cycle installed of both you can keep on using it for decades. I don't know though how this works after a complete install of the computer: I do now that you can reinstall Navigraph data as long as you have downloaded the manual installer, but I don't know if this is also possible with FSAerodata... But anyway, as long as you have things installed, they will work.

Personally I didn't reinstall FSAerodata after my latest reinstall of the computer: I didn't notice any differences after installing FSAerodata the first time so I decided to not even give reinstalling it a try.

I use and update it regularly, mainly for use with VOXATC, because currently also the ARTCC/FIR sectors in Europe get refined.

If you don`t use any ATC program using that data there is probably no need to update it regularly. 

• Upvote 1

1. A320 home cockpit (FSLabs, Skalarki), P3Dv5  Main PC : I7-12700K, GTX3080Ti

2. FSLabs A3xx, P3Dv5. Gigabyte Aorus 17G YC, I7-10700K, RTX 3080

Just recently I had a problem with it but could resolve it easily. FSAerodata replaces default apxXXXXX.bgl files in the default scenery and creates a backup called apxXXXXX.bgl.FSAD. In my case got duplicated objects at Coffs Harbour (YSCH=YCFS). Another common problem were offset ILS approaches. But that guy at FSAD is very helpful and offers solutions for most problems very quickly.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

Does FSaero data also change for add on airports like ORBX YMML?

If it creates issues, can you disable or restore the original data?

Thank you

The same thing can be said for your Navigraph subscription. Just buy the most recent AIRAC and forget it. But if the objective is sheer realism, then AIRAC currency should be maintained for both the ground and aircraft. In contrast, I do recall a very well respected member here stating, "What difference does it make what the comm frequency is for Cleveland Center? It's not like we are flying a real aircraft."

11 minutes ago, Bob Marton said:

Does FSaero data also change for add on airports like ORBX YMML?

If it creates issues, can you disable or restore the original data?

Thank you

Yes, if the fsaerodata files are a higher priority in your scenery library. Else, no.

And yes, it has a backup and restore function for default data.

I use it to update data every month along with navigraph.  That might be a bit of overkill, but i always fly using real world routes and real/world sids/stars so this ensures that all of those waypoints show up in-sim.

• Upvote 2

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Remember to uncheck in the option tab airport ICAO updates... If you don’t you might get some scenery issues like duplicate airports or default airport under a payware... Thats valid for airports with new ICAO like SPIM —-> SPJC... FAJS —-> FAOR... and so on... I really like FSAerodata... Now I don’t have to rely on an outdated database from F1 or RealityXP GNS/GTN gps...

• Upvote 1

Intel i9 13900KS - MSI MEG Z790 ACE Gaming - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - Corsair 32GB DDR5 7200MHz Dominator Platinum RGB - Samsung 1TB + 3x 2TB 980 Pro M.2 SSD Raid 0 - LG 4K 55" OLED C1 - EVGA SuperNOVA 1600 T2 PSU - Virpil Constellation Alpha L & R Grips + MongoosT-50CM2 Grip + MongoosT-50CM2 Base + MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle + Control Panel #2 + Ace Collection Pedals - Honeycomb Alpha XPC + Bravo - Stream Deck XL + PLUS - Corsair K100 OPX RGB Platinum + Nightsword RGB + MM800 RGB Polaris + 7000D Airflow Black Case - Tobii Eye Tracker 5 using OpenTrack - Wharfedale Evo 4.2 Speakers - SVS SB-2000 Pro Subwoofer - Bluesound POWERNODE - Herman Miller Embody Chair Black - ButtKicker Gamer PRO

2 hours ago, Hypofx said:

Hi,

There is another solution, a free one, http://www.aero.sors.fr/navaids3.html  Im using it on p3d v4 i used on fsx too great easy, now my EU airports has a valid ILS freq and other navaids.

That isn't really another solution but a different one, although it does indeed overlap with FSAerodata. 

5 hours ago, J van E said:

That isn't really another solution but a different one, although it does indeed overlap with FSAerodata. 

True. The freeware is a subset of fsaerodata and consists of  revised NDBs, VORs, ILS  and some waypoint updates. fsaerodata adds SIDs, STARs, other instrument approaches and comms. 

On 2/12/2018 at 9:11 AM, regis9 said:

I use it to update data every month along with navigraph.  That might be a bit of overkill, but i always fly using real world routes and real/world sids/stars so this ensures that all of those waypoints show up in-sim.

I too like to fly realistic routes and especially when on PE. I'm going to look into this product a little more.  In XP11 the default database can be updated and that seems to be important to many users.  I guess P3D/FSX users tend to fly with FMS equipped aircraft more and or RXP/F1 units.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

On 2018. 02. 13. at 4:17 PM, jabloomf1230 said:

True. The freeware is a subset of fsaerodata and consists of  revised NDBs, VORs, ILS  and some waypoint updates. fsaerodata adds SIDs, STARs, other instrument approaches and comms. 

Yes however If you fly lets say an NGX those Sid Stars in your FMC anyway i have a navigraph subscription, and you not going to use the default gps for that ,so i think the free one has almost the same features and free, but yes if you want to pay you can have it:) but for me the free one is enough.