Sign in to follow this  
CatIIIBravo

737ngx sim1.dll problem ?

Hi there,

I have recently purchased PMDG 737NGX base pack. I have been flying it for a few times and I absolutely love it. However now it has apparently causes my prepar v4.1 to freeze up upon startup. just before the Select flight screen.

according to windows log there is a problem with the sim1.dll which again according to CTD guide is caused by either an incompatible A/C or corrupted texture. So I removed PMDG and sure enough, prepar launched right up again.

I reinstalled and then it froze up again. and so on. have anyone else had any trouble with this product ? I guess a lot of people are flying this bird around without the same trouble as I ? 

Can anyone point me in any direction.

Kind regards

Ole Bransen

Hi Ole, you are correct in that the number of people flying this bird without this problem is a large number.  It has been out long enough to be considered nearing obsolescence.

If you are using FSUIPC do you have the current version?  Are you using any AI traffic or traffic addon?

If you run out of ideas I recommend direct communication with PMDG (this is a user forum) at PMDG Product Support.  You need to create a support account (they are separate from sales accounts) to open a trouble ticket.  Please report back your solution, my google search didn't turn up much that was helpful.

Dan Downs KCRP

I just purchased fsuipc5. No Ai and trafiic add ons or other A/C yet. 

Only A/C installed is the 737NGX. ORBX VECTOR + BASE. PTA tweaks, fsuipc, and REX4.

At least for now, I know that if I uninstall 737NGX the sim runs again. I can then remove all the folders in simobjects folder, and then reinstall the 737 and it will run once before freezing up on me again. I dont get it.

I have opened up a ticket with PMDG...