Sign in to follow this  
Poppet

Prepar3D v4.2 has been released

3 minutes ago, Hilkiah said:

https://fselite.net/news/orbx-ftx-central-updated-p3dv4-2-x-plane-11-compatible/

So do we have to uninstall our entire orbx library ... and reinstall after we upgrade to p3d v4.2?

Where did you read that? Orbx Center is now updated I not see anything else we need to do.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

7 minutes ago, FlightSimmer68 said:

Also unhappy that PTA, ActiveSky and SimpleCam aren't working with 4.2. Will revert to 4.1 until everyone catches up.

Your joking right? The update just came out.

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

4 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Well normally these developers have beta versions so they could of had v4.2 for weeks/months. That's why some can release within hours.

This is not true, not everyone has access to P3D Beta version, I am one of the unlucky guys and the same case applies to many others.

So as "Today" is when I would be able to test my products against the new version, so please guys be patient as a lot of developers are on the same boat as you, we will work as hard as posible to address any issues that we might encounter and discover from today.

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards,
Simbol

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Nyxx said:

Where did you read that? Orbx Center is now updated I not see anything else we need to do.

Didn't read in in that link...only posted the link to confirm that ORBX is indeed compatible.

The last time I upgraded from 4.0 to 4.1 I had to reinstall all my ORBX addons.  I think only those addons that utilise the add-on.xml files because they reside outside of the p3d install directory. 

I may be veryyyyyyyyy wrong, but that is how I understand it.  Pls correct me if I'm wrong.

Hilkiah G. Lavinier

P3d v4.3, ORBX (global/trees/vector/LC,airports), Envshade/Envtek, Pilot2ATC, PRO-ATC, Navigraph, PFPX, ASCA/AS, Freemesh 2.0, Aivlasoft EFB v2, Various addon airports, FSL A319X/A320X, PMDG 737/777/747, TFDI 717, QW 787, Carenados jets

Intel i7 4790k (no OC & no hyperthreading), 16gb, Nvidia 980ti (no OC), 3xSSDs, Acer Predator XB281HK (4K resolution), Windows 10 (1803 build) - runs P3D 

Intel NUC7i7BNH i7, 16gb, M2 ssd, Windows 10 (build 1803) - runs AS/ASCA, Pilot2ATC, Aivlasoft EFB 

4 minutes ago, simbol said:

This is not true, not everyone has access to P3D Beta version, I am one of the unlucky guys and the same case applies to many others.

Aerosoft do, AS must do, Orbx do, FSL do....I did not say everyone....but most big hitter do. Glad you do :biggrin:

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

7 minutes ago, Johnny19 said:

Delete p3d.cfg and your shader folder, it might help after updating with performance

Did all that. No improvement.

No dynamic lighting is double FPS compared to dynamic lighting activated. Disappointing, but I can live with it.

Well Matt,

Well Rob A, said it was "better" but.....implied by not a lot. So No surprise to your finding Matt.

I will take Rods advise and give it a couple of weeks before updating, give third party`s time to get up to speed.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

11 minutes ago, Hilkiah said:

Didn't read in in that link...only posted the link to confirm that ORBX is indeed compatible.

The last time I upgraded from 4.0 to 4.1 I had to reinstall all my ORBX addons.  I think only those addons that utilise the add-on.xml files because they reside outside of the p3d install directory. 

I may be veryyyyyyyyy wrong, but that is how I understand it.  Pls correct me if I'm wrong.

Have a read here

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/149669-ftx-central-v3253-with-prepar3d-v42-support/

1 minute ago, rjfry said:

I will take Rods advise and give it a couple of weeks before updating, give third party`s time to get up to speed.

I guess we will survive in the mean time....:huh:

Virtual Air Canada - Alex Luzajic

1 minute ago, rjfry said:

Likewise, Raymond.  I understand hopping on the update right away... it is certainly tempting.  But I do appreciate the early adopters.  It keeps this place hopping and is incredibly entertaining. 

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

With FSUIPC installed, bad things are happening for me. Is it me or can that be confirmed?

Just now, Adrian123 said:

With FSUIPC installed, bad things are happening for me. Is it me or can that be confirmed?

Someone said they updated it with only FSUIPC installed and have problems, read it here https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/531129-p3d-v42-looping-in-loading-terrain-data/

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

Well unless there are credible reports of FPS stability improvements and perhaps performance and improvements in texture loading i.e. less blurries I am sticking with V4.1. Normally I jump right on the band wagon but I'm staying put this time.