Sign in to follow this  
Poppet

Prepar3D v4.2 has been released

Has anyone even successfully upgraded yet? Seems like lots of issues even before mixing in 3rd party add-ons. Of course, this should be of no shock to anyone who has been around this community for any length of time. Hopefully, things will get straightened out soon. I'm in no rush to upgrade yet though. Godspeed to all who have already jumped in! :biggrin:

P3D v4, REX SF3D, AS16, ENVTex, PTA 2.60, FSDT KDFW, KLAS, KLAX, KORD, KJFK, KSFD, KIAH, KMEM, KCLT FlightBeam KDEN, KIAD, KPHX, KSFO, KMSP

ASUS Z97 Pro + Wifi, Intel i7 4990k 4.0GHz, EVGA NVidia 970 4GB DDR5, Corsair 16GB DDR3 2400, Samsung SSD 850 250GB, 2x Acer 32" Monitor

I seem to fail to get what is the current problem with FSUIPC and P3D v4.2. Can someone clarify? I am currently on 5.123b but I don't see any problem. Should I upgrade to 5.123c? I only use FSUIPC for the autosave function.

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

I read through Poppet's very thorough update guide: 

He recommends deleting doing the following after an update:

""These actions are recommended But not required 

Delete the Prepar3D.cfg file and the Shaders folder after you update with the Client

Note: This file and folder will generated again when you launch Prepar3D

These actions will not effect your 3rd Party Software (Add On's),   You will need to readjust your graphic and scenery settings to your preference again via Prepar3D > Options after you delete the Prepar3D.cfg file 

Right click and delete the Prepar3D.cfg file and the Shaders folder,  These will generate again when you launch Prepar3D  

-----------
Local Disk (C:) ► Users ► You ► AppData ► Roaming ► Lockheed Martin ► Prepar3D v4 - Prepar3D.cfg

Local Disk (C:) ► Users ► You ► AppData ► Local ► Lockheed Martin ► Prepar3D v4 -  Shaders
-----------

I have found my Prepar3d.cfg file, but the shaders folder does NOT exist in the above location.  All I have in appdata\local\lockheed martin\prepa3d v4 are:

- Controls (folder)

- Effects (folder)

Prepar3D_Default.fxml (file)

Prepar3D_Default.wx (file)

Where do I find the shaders folder?  

Hilkiah G. Lavinier

P3d v4.3, ORBX (global/trees/vector/LC,airports), Envshade/Envtek, Pilot2ATC, PRO-ATC, Navigraph, PFPX, ASCA/AS, Freemesh 2.0, Aivlasoft EFB v2, Various addon airports, FSL A319X/A320X, PMDG 737/777/747, TFDI 717, QW 787, Carenados jets

Intel i7 4790k (no OC & no hyperthreading), 16gb, Nvidia 980ti (no OC), 3xSSDs, Acer Predator XB281HK (4K resolution), Windows 10 (1803 build) - runs P3D 

Intel NUC7i7BNH i7, 16gb, M2 ssd, Windows 10 (build 1803) - runs AS/ASCA, Pilot2ATC, Aivlasoft EFB 

I had no issues upgrading (client and content), Active Sky and ORBX Objectflow were updated already, and fortunately I still had FSUIPC version 5.122c stashed away in a dark corner of my archive drive. :)

After the FSUIPC "downgrade" everything checks out fine.

• Upvote 2

- Jens Peter "Penz" Pedersen

Some simobjects like the F22, GSX vehicles, and the PMDG 747-400F were appearing skeletal with 4.1, and 4.2 fixed things!   

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

3 minutes ago, Penz said:

I had no issues upgrading (client and content), Active Sky and ORBX Objectflow were updated already, and fortunately I still had FSUIPC version 5.122c stashed away in a dark corner of my archive drive. :)

After the FSUIPC "downgrade" everything checks out fine.

Care to share that version of FSUIPC?

André

43 minutes ago, Johnny19 said:

Sorry for my ignorance, but what happens with addons, especially ORBX stuff that are installed into the main p3d folder (all other stuff is installed outside the p3d folder) when you  separately reinstall Content and Scenery? Do you need to reinstall, or the addons remain untouched?  

Hello Johnny

FTX Orbx can comfortable survive either updating Prepar3D or completing a full uninstall and reinstall of Prepar3D.   Note: Once you don't delete the Orbx folder in the core Prepar3D folder,  This folder will remain untouched during either process 

The Topic below has some precautionary steps you take after updating or reinstalling Prepar3D,  Read step 1 and 2  

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, kurtb said:

+5 bud

ASP4 v. 6616 (beta) is out which is 4.2 compatible. Here is the link: http://hifisimtech.mediafire.com/file/bpzbisbs7neki3z/AS_P3Dv4_Update.exe

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

5 minutes ago, Poppet said:

Hello Johnny

FTX Orbx can comfortable survive either updating Prepar3D or completing a full uninstall and reinstall of Prepar3D.   Note: Once you don't delete the Orbx folder in the core Prepar3D folder,  This folder will remain untouched during either process 

The Topic below has some precautionary steps you take after updating or reinstalling Prepar3D,  Read step 1 and 2  

Thank you!

• Upvote 1

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

45 minutes ago, Hilkiah said:

I have found my Prepar3d.cfg file, but the shaders folder does NOT exist in the above location

Hello Hilkiah 

Try this......

Launch Prepar3D to the default starting point then close Prepar3D down again

Now, Copy the Tex below and Paste it into your Windows search bar  and click on the result,   Is the Shaders folder there ? 

%LOCALAPPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4

• Upvote 1

I

1 minute ago, Poppet said:

Hello Hilkiah 

Try this......

Launch Prepar3D to the default starting point then close Prepar3D down again

Now, Copy the Tex below and Paste it into your Windows search bar  and click on the result,   Is the Shaders there ? 

%LOCALAPPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4

I found the shaders folder....had to restore original shaders in pta!

I''m following your updating guide to the T.  Also will go throug the orbix guide you posted above....that makes 4 of your posts I just bookmarked!

• Upvote 1

Hilkiah G. Lavinier

P3d v4.3, ORBX (global/trees/vector/LC,airports), Envshade/Envtek, Pilot2ATC, PRO-ATC, Navigraph, PFPX, ASCA/AS, Freemesh 2.0, Aivlasoft EFB v2, Various addon airports, FSL A319X/A320X, PMDG 737/777/747, TFDI 717, QW 787, Carenados jets

Intel i7 4790k (no OC & no hyperthreading), 16gb, Nvidia 980ti (no OC), 3xSSDs, Acer Predator XB281HK (4K resolution), Windows 10 (1803 build) - runs P3D 

Intel NUC7i7BNH i7, 16gb, M2 ssd, Windows 10 (build 1803) - runs AS/ASCA, Pilot2ATC, Aivlasoft EFB 

33 minutes ago, awf said:

Care to share that version of FSUIPC?

Just use the one Hilkiah linked.

- Jens Peter "Penz" Pedersen

2 minutes ago, Penz said:

Just use the one Hilkiah linked.

Thanks but that is 5.122 not the C version I have 5.122A

André

The BIG Question.....Did LM finally  fixed the issue with the blurry photoscenery? Or, is photoscenery still not sharp, or rendering correctly ? 

If not fixed, this is a major- and terribly annoying- issue that should have been fixed many years and updates ago.

51 minutes ago, Luis_KMIA said:

Some simobjects like the F22, GSX vehicles, and the PMDG 747-400F were appearing skeletal with 4.1, and 4.2 fixed things!   

Tempted to install 4.2 cuz of the skeletal issue. Anyone else can confirm this before i jump??

• Upvote 1