Sign in to follow this  
Poppet

Prepar3D v4.2 has been released

7 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

Duh... Elaine you're supposed to save me from my own stupidity! It's the "old" ORBX libs issue when installing the new P3d  content.

http://prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6322&t=126987

:laugh:

Yes the Content update will return your Autogen files back to default again,  As you know now just launching the FTX Central control panel will reconfigure the Autogen files for Orbx use 

45 minutes ago, Johnny19 said:

I don't get it why you get so upset when somebody mentiones couatl engine. My post was not directed to you personally or offending your work. Cheers

"Upset" ? My post was very neutral and technically correct, and might be have been useful to GSX or FSDT scenery users that maybe would have waited to upgrade ( when in fact it's an improvement, because of the textures issue), assuming they couldn't until we updated our software, only because your post contained factually wrong informations.

• Upvote 3

I haven't installed v4.2 yet, but in all 13 pages so far, I've not come across any significant commentaries regarding DL or autogen. 

What does this mean?

Improved Dynamic Lighting performance by filtering lights based on distance and size

Interested in the VR improvements here. Will look forward to trying this later. Seems LM are embracing VR as well.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, ErichB said:

I haven't installed v4.2 yet, but in all 13 pages so far, I've not come across any significant commentaries regarding DL or autogen. 

What does this mean?

Improved Dynamic Lighting performance by filtering lights based on distance and size

Haven‘t tested myself yet but from the attached video, it looks like no improvement. Really disappointing. 

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

5 hours ago, mikeymike said:

So I guess dynamic lighting actually hasn’t been addressed?

Mike

4 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

167 replies on some minor changes?  Has anyone checked the DL?  Is perf better?

Hi Gents

DL is also point of interest for me given my dated hardware - GTX980 and 4790K, running P3D v4 on mid-settings and screen resolution of 1920 x1440. 

Updated via Client only. Am now able to run DL whereas before I had it turned off all the time as I could not run it at all. 

NGX screens from Eglin AFB and the Queen from FB KDEN, DL also enabled via the FB Manager.

For KDEN, frame-rates dipped to around 15 during initial loading of the scenario however it then stabilized as per the snips. Will update after further tests, hope this helps in some way.

Kind regards

2018-2-13_10-5-42-851.jpg

2018-2-13_19-57-8-961.jpg

2018-2-13_10-5-30-364.jpg

2018-2-13_19-57-1-230.jpg

13 hours ago, Daedalus said:

I would like to know if the timezones fix means that I can uninstall the Time Zone Fixer from Sim Elite Solutions.

Ok, after I emailed the developer he informed me that the Time Zone Fixer is still needed for the most accurate time zones in P3D 4.2 , as not all issues has been fixed.

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

8 minutes ago, carlito777 said:

Haven‘t tested myself yet but from the attached video, it looks like no improvement. Really disappointing. 

Hi Carlo

Thanks for that, I did notice the slow panning with DL-enabled but thought that had more to do with my hardware.

I'm happy that I'm able to at least have it enabled now.

Downloading the full installer for 4.2 tonight and planned reinstall in a week's time so will do some more (subjective) testing :-)

Kind regards

18 minutes ago, carlito777 said:

Oh well, that is disappointing.  VR, I guess is a true training based enhancement which is why it has received more resource again.    Dynamic lighting is really just a visual feature enhancement - and would cater only for the casual user.   The same would apply to autogen.

Still, not the end of the world - and I'm still happy that they are moving things forward for developers to do more.

47 minutes ago, ErichB said:

What does this mean?

As updating to 4.2 would grow someone better hardware :laugh:

• Upvote 1

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

1 hour ago, ErichB said:

What perplexes me, is that LM are still happily reliant on an independent third party developer to keep most of our addons running. They must surely pay the good man a retainer fee for this.  

I've been running P3D and all my addons perfectly fine without FSUIPC: it's not as mandatory as some think. :happy:

After reading all posts the only thing that interests me so far in 4.2 is that the simconnect window doesn't give huge stutters anymore when opening it: I specially noticed this when using GSX. Still, since all of my addons have been reported to work with 4.2 so I will probably spend the coming weekend reinstalling everything from scratch. Looking forward to it already. 

And btw also the Majestic Q400 should be fine, according to a post on their forum! So this one can be added to the list of working addons. Seems the following items will all work now:

Active Sky (needs the update)

Sky Force

ASCA

ENVTEX (which I only use for skies in ASCA: do not use it yet for precipitation effects yet!)

GSX

Ultimate Traffic Live

ProATC

ChasePlane

Orbx

Majestic Q400

A2A

PTA (should be updated TODAY, according to Matt)

So I'm good to go!

2 minutes ago, J van E said:

I've been running P3D and all my addons perfectly fine without FSUIPC: it's not as mandatory as some think. :happy:

After reading all posts the only thing that interests me so far in 4.2 is that the simconnect window doesn't give huge stutters anymore when opening it: I specially noticed this when using GSX. Still, since all of my addons have been reported to work with 4.2 so I will probably spend the coming weekend reinstalling everything from scratch. Looking forward to it already. 

And btw also the Majestic Q400 should be fine, according to a post on their forum! So this one can be added to the list of working addons. Seems the following items will all work now:

Active Sky

Sky Force

ASCA

GSX

Ultimate Traffic Live

ProATC

ChasePlane

Orbx

Majestic Q400

A2A

PTA (should be updated TODAY, according to Matt)

So I'm good to go!

Yh, but you need it for PMDG - and that's the only aircraft hangar I fly with

8 minutes ago, FlightSimmer68 said:

Oops.  

8 minutes ago, ErichB said:

Oops.  

Erich don't jump into conclusions, users need to report what hardware and settings they are using during their test.

As an example If anybody is running P3D under 4K with SSAAx4 they will always get bad results not matter what.. this is due to mis understanding of what SSAA do and what 4K do and how DL works.

Regards,
Simbol

• Upvote 5