Sign in to follow this  
Poppet

Prepar3D v4.2 has been released

Its been posted on the EZdoc support that they are working on a new version for Prepar3D v 4.2.

They know about some problems including 'nose steering'

bob

1 hour ago, ErichB said:

Yh, but you need it for PMDG - and that's the only aircraft hangar I fly with

As far as I know, PMDG products do not require FSUIPC either, but that's probably best answered by PMDG staff.

FSUIPC remains a convenient tool for custom controls mapping, but it has limited value for addon developers, as most of its functions (if not all) can be performed using FSX/P3D SDK directly. 

• Upvote 2

Mike Krawczyk

A2A Simulations

13 minutes ago, JoeFackel said:

Again: 4.2 won't make your hardware faster and also won't tune your ingame-settings to reasonable digits.

You are trying to help people here and that is nice but you really have no idea what you are talking about on this topic. There is a bug using photoscenery it isn't as simple as "change your settings"

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

God knows what you think of me then, as I am still on v3.4.

Upgrading 3.4 was almost painless. From 3.4 to 4.0 it was more than that for obvious reasons and from 4.0 to 4.,it was totally ok. With each upgrade we have noticed improvements in performance, not massive but there was obvious gains.So, it makes sense to upgrade, at least after the community feedback is positive.

However, many people here were used to spend more time on "fixing" things with their simulation rather than flying, so I understand the hesitation to upgrade if you have perfectly smooth experience. If you can, make a back up and then upgrade. Then if you are not happy with it, install your back up and claim your money back from LM since they have a refund policy :D

• Upvote 1

Ahmet Can

I have no reason to upgrade from v3 to v4 at the moment. P3D v3.4 runs fine, and my short flights around the UK and Ireland generally avoid the problem of OOMs. Add the fact that Aerosoft Dublin is not yet working in P3D v4, lots of military AI planes are not yet compatible with P3D v4, and I would need a more powerful PC to actually benefit from the technical upgrades available in P3D v4.....and my conclusion is that sticking with v3.4 for the moment is my best option.

• Upvote 3

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

5 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

I have no reason to upgrade from v3 to v4 at the moment. P3D v3.4 runs fine, and my short flights around the UK and Ireland generally avoid the problem of OOMs. Add the fact that Aerosoft Dublin is not yet working in P3D v4, lots of military AI planes are not yet compatible with P3D v4, and I would need a more powerful PC to actually benefit from the technical upgrades available in P3D v4.....and my conclusion is that sticking with v3.4 for the moment is my best option.

Same here , been flying 3.4 since it came out, never had an OOM, and it looks great and don't have to buy a new PC. 

• Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

So is FSUIP 123b ok?

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

2 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

Several pages back, someone asked if the "photoscenery blurry textures" problem had been fixed. I have not yet seen a response to that.....

The problem with photoscenery is not yet proven to be a bug/problem within P3D.

There is a thread on LM forums where it is reported that LM arent convinced it is an issue for them.

I think to truly understand the 'problem' one needs to understand the architecture of any particular photoscenery and the LODs it is compiled for.

If we try to use a legacy photoscenery like Horizon GenX, which was designed for FSX in a 32but environment we are not truly seeing what may be possible in current P3D version.

There are from a scan read almost no differences in the photoscenery related parts of the SDK - the opacity of the official guidance is frustrating.

I'd like to perform some custom PR tests to prove to myself whether or not it is the architecture of the PR scenery that is the cause of 'blurries' or not, but I simply dont have time :(

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas14 3200 DDR4; RTX3090

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

1 hour ago, JoeFackel said:

Again: 4.2 won't make your hardware faster and also won't tune your ingame-settings to reasonable digits.

This has nothing to do with settings or hardware.

• Upvote 1

Matt Wilson

PTA updated for P3d v4.2

Jac 

PC Specs: 

/MoBo: Asus Rampage V Extreme/CPU: Intel ®  Core i7 5930k @ 3.5 Ghz OC 4.2 Ghz/CPU Cooling: Hydro series H100i / RAM: 32GB DDR4 2400MHz/ SSD: 4x Samsung SSD 850 PRO 512 GB/SSD: 1x Samsung SSD 970 EVO 1TB M.2 /PSU: Corsair RM  850

/GPU: NVidia Geforce RTX 2080 Ti OC 11 GB (Asus ROG STRIX Gaming) /Monitor:  Asus ROG 348Q Res, 3440x1440 / OC 100 Hz /OS: Windows 10 Professional 64 bit - Version Build 19041 

FlightSim: P3Dv5 HF2 & MSFS 2020 Hardware: Yoko Yoke+ ; Yoke TQ6+ 

15 hours ago, SKIPS2 said:

Tempted to install 4.2 cuz of the skeletal issue. Anyone else can confirm this before i jump??

Worked for me

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

31 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

So is FSUIP 123b ok?

thank`s bud lol