Sign in to follow this  
Poppet

Prepar3D v4.2 has been released

9 minutes ago, Chaos81 said:

I'm clarifying so people who may see your original post don't get confused. The way you worded it makes it sound like everyone needs FSUIPC, which isn't the case.

Another powerful option to map profiles, set key commands and couple to Voice Attack commands to enable Lvar commands is also SPAD.next which I use for all my Saitek hardware. I have FSUIC installed for other reasons and have always used it but it’s not essential.

Joe

Joe (Southern California)

SystemI9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 4K w/ Native 30 hz capability  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, AIG AI, MCE, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, HP Reverb G2

I have always installed FSUIPC, but I have never been quite sure if I needed it or not. Having said that, the install procedure for the Quality Wings BAe 146 includes an FSUIPC installation.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

1 hour ago, OzWhitey said:

I used to think there was no problem. But when using very hi resolution photoscenery, look into the mid-distance. I do now believe that the rendering is sub-par, and things look pretty blurry. The better the photoscenery is, the more you notice it (I'm using 12.5cm per pixel, with no compression/LOD level changes). LM seem to have - sort of - acknowledged a problem on their forum, so this was one of the two things I was hoping they might fix. An updated photoscenery rendering engine would be nice.

(the second thing I was hoping for were some VR updates, which they have moved forward with - hurrah!)

Ah, perhaps that's it - I have a ton of photoscenery but it's mainly at 2m/pixel, and nothing at anywhere near 12.5cm/pixel. It's clear out into the distance with a high LOD, hence my lack of issue with it.

But then I've not played it that much as I'm still waiting for a certain A320 series to become v4 compatible!

To say FSUIPC is "Not essential" is very much dependent upon how one uses their sim. For my usage, it is 110% essential.

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, Bluestar said:

Everyday in the library.  

Obvisouly I am behind things. Could you, please, elaborate a bit more for an ignoramus (which library, file name, or the like)? 

Thanks a lot and kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

1 hour ago, OzWhitey said:

But when using very hi resolution photoscenery, look into the mid-distance. I do now believe that the rendering is sub-par, and things look pretty blurry. The better the photoscenery is, the more you notice it (I'm using 12.5cm per pixel, with no compression/LOD level changes).

I just spent 8 hours in the sim and didn't notice any problems with the photo scenery. Oh wait it cost $18 million. ROFL

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

Interesting old thread on FSUIPC for those interested.  Highly useful but not essential.

24 minutes ago, Bluestar said:

Sure it is.  I'm not having any problems with photo scenery. :smile:

Unless you have the exact same specs and scenery as the people with problems, just because you might be problem free does not mean everyone else is. 

1 minute ago, Boeing or not going said:

Unless you have the exact same specs and scenery as the people with problems, just because you might be problem free does not mean everyone else is. 

Exactly my point.  Just because someone is having a problem does not mean it is caused by LM. :smile:

• Upvote 1

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

6 hours ago, ErichB said:

What perplexes me, is that LM are still happily reliant on an independent third party developer to keep most of our addons running...Why have they not developed their own module which does the same thing inherently?

That's what SimConnect is for, and many 3rd party devs use it to do just that.

I think you'll find that addons still using FSUIPC as an interface conduit to v4 are generally legacy, or ports of legacy products which continue to skate by but for the grace of Dowson. :)

Soon enough, Pete will officially retire... It would be wise for 3rd party developers to keep that in mind when crafting their wares.

FSUIPC does a lot more than just provide an interface to the sim though - I know many folks use it to customize controls and buttons, and layer in some additional customizations. If and when Pete does decide to hang 'em up, the loss of that functionality will be felt throughout the community... nevermind the legacy interfacing it provides.

-Greg

2 minutes ago, greggerm said:

I think you'll find that addons still using FSUIPC as an interface conduit to v4 are generally legacy, or ports of legacy products which continue to skate by but for the grace of Dowson. :)

Soon enough, Pete will officially retire... It would be wise for 3rd party developers to keep that in mind when crafting their wares.

FSUIPC does a lot more than just provide an interface to the sim though - I know many folks use it to customize controls and buttons, and layer in some additional customizations. If and when Pete does decide to hang 'em up, the loss of that functionality will be felt throughout the community... nevermind the legacy interfacing it provides.

-Greg

I've always (for years)  installed it as a matter of course and was actually (incorrecly)still under the impression that PMDG (or other addons)  actually required it. Regardless of that, I use it anyway for many of the other reasons you have mentioned.

43 minutes ago, shivers9 said:

I am thinking of upgrading to a TRS-80 and may then I can speed up my bit coin minning also.

I have TWO TRS-80s hooked up via serial cable thru a 300 baud modem and I'm mining 5 coins a day...my setup rocks!

(Just kidding.....nobody can afford 2 Trash 80s!)

EDIT: I forgot to mention that is a dedicated 300 baud line!  I took my AOL and Compuserve bot accounts offline while I mine with this system. :biggrin:

Edited by Steve Dra
update

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

1 hour ago, pmb said:

No need to believe a noob, but perhaps the horse's mouth may convince you:

http://pcsimulators.org/index.php/flightsimulators/prepar3d/lockheed-martin-interview

Kind regards, Michael

Haha, read it, nice read, you were right about Sikorksy and the rest. :happy:

BTW On the ProATC forum I read that some people are having problems with the simconnect window not staying open when using ProATC. Anyone here who is using 4.2 with ProATC? Is this a problem for everyone or just for some? It seems you can call up the window but that it immediately closes/hides again, rendering it useless.

54 minutes ago, greggerm said:

-Greg

FYI Simconnect isn't supported by LM anymore. It works still,  but we don't know for how long.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

5 minutes ago, simmerhead said:

FYI Simconnect isn't supported by LM anymore. It works still,  but we don't know for how long.

Source ?

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0