Sign in to follow this  
Poppet

Prepar3D v4.2 has been released

13 hours ago, Bluestar said:

Exactly my point.  Just because someone is having a problem does not mean it is caused by LM. :smile:

Just a for your info but the man you originally argued and lectured to is a very well known scenery developer that has been in the community longer than many flight simmers have been alive. Many people you talk to are smarter than this 'it's your system' advice. It is insulting that you continue to belittle here as if you are some expert.

• Upvote 4

13 hours ago, J van E said:

Haha, read it, nice read, you were right about Sikorksy and the rest. :happy:

BTW On the ProATC forum I read that some people are having problems with the simconnect window not staying open when using ProATC. Anyone here who is using 4.2 with ProATC? Is this a problem for everyone or just for some? It seems you can call up the window but that it immediately closes/hides again, rendering it useless.

I have this exact problem.  Also happens with the GSX window.

Hilkiah G. Lavinier

P3d v4.3, ORBX (global/trees/vector/LC,airports), Envshade/Envtek, Pilot2ATC, PRO-ATC, Navigraph, PFPX, ASCA/AS, Freemesh 2.0, Aivlasoft EFB v2, Various addon airports, FSL A319X/A320X, PMDG 737/777/747, TFDI 717, QW 787, Carenados jets

Intel i7 4790k (no OC & no hyperthreading), 16gb, Nvidia 980ti (no OC), 3xSSDs, Acer Predator XB281HK (4K resolution), Windows 10 (1803 build) - runs P3D 

Intel NUC7i7BNH i7, 16gb, M2 ssd, Windows 10 (build 1803) - runs AS/ASCA, Pilot2ATC, Aivlasoft EFB 

9 hours ago, Manschy said:

Please, can anybody tell me detailed what exactly will happen when I upgrade the 4.2 CONTENT?

1. Will all installed aircraft have to be reinstalled or will they be preserved?

2. I set paths to FSX (simobjects/effects/gauges). Will they be overwritten by v4.2 default?

3. All addon entries (not sceneries but tools, programmes like UTlive, AiCarriers etc): Will they survive?

4. exe.xml/dll.xml: Will they be overwritten by default?

You can uninstall completely, and then install a new version, everything stays, well not orbx global and trees. You have to install those again. I did that and everything works (custom paths, addon entries, exe, dll...) Follow this tutorial and you will be fine

• Upvote 1

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

Version 4.2 with Oculus Rift in Single-Pass mode is just awesome!

Very smooth, almost like DCS. Lag in left eye is gone and I can FINALLY fly Prepar3D in VR with all the settings almost to the right... and in PMDG planes!

• Upvote 2

Lukasz Kulasek

i7-8700k, RTX 2080 TI, 32 GB RAM, ASUS TUF Z370-PRO Gaming, Oculus Rift CV1

11 hours ago, Nemo said:

Jeroen,

do you know more details about this P3D4.2/PATC issue? This would prevent me from updating to 4.2.

It seems more people are having problems with the simconnect window not staying on screen. In the meantime a few others posted about this on the ProATC forum and as you can see above:

2 hours ago, Hilkiah said:

I have this exact problem.  Also happens with the GSX window.

So it's not just a ProATC issue, it's a simconnect window issue. If the simconnect window is very important to you, you might want to wait a while with updating. I myself am updating already anyway (complete reinstall) but I wasn't planning on installing ProATC before the upcoming update has been released (the once in a year update which has nothing to do with 4.2). I also can live a while without GSX and I don't use the AS window that often so I think I will be fine.

32 minutes ago, twojastara said:

Version 4.2 with Oculus Rift in Single-Pass mode is just awesome!

Very smooth, almost like DCS. Lag in left eye is gone and I can FINALLY fly Prepar3D in VR with all the settings almost to the right... and in PMDG planes!

System specs? With respect, such statements are usually meaningless and unhelpful unless delivered in proper context.

Mike

• Upvote 2

Just now, Cruachan said:

System specs? With respect, such statements are always meaningless and unhelpful unless delivered in proper context.

Mike

Yes, fair point.

i7-8700k, 16 GB Ram, GTX 1080.

I am not using MSAA nor SSAA, just pixel density 1.5 with Oculus Tray Tool. But everything else is set almost to the right.

Lukasz Kulasek

i7-8700k, RTX 2080 TI, 32 GB RAM, ASUS TUF Z370-PRO Gaming, Oculus Rift CV1

7 hours ago, Rob Ainscough said:

Without knowing more about your motherboard, CPU, BIOS, OS, seeing all your BIOS/EFI options, additional tuning programs you may have running at startup, etc. etc. ... oh and reading thru your MB's manual ... I wouldn't have much input to give, there are just so many items it could be, but I'd start looking at BIOS settings, and drivers, and if you can disable Turbo Boost and set to a fixed frequency.

Cheers, Rob.

OK, thanks all the same Rob.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

1 minute ago, twojastara said:

Yes, fair point.

i7-8700k, 16 GB Ram, GTX 1080.

I am not using MSAA nor SSAA, just pixel density 1.5 with Oculus Tray Tool. But everything else is set almost to the right.

Thank you.

Regards,

Mike

PTA2 v2.61 is also compatible now and I have made my preset set compatible with v4.2 too

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

1 hour ago, J van E said:

It seems more people are having problems with the simconnect window not staying on screen. In the meantime a few others posted about this on the ProATC forum and as you can see above:

So it's not just a ProATC issue, it's a simconnect window issue. If the simconnect window is very important to you, you might want to wait a while with updating. I myself am updating already anyway (complete reinstall) but I wasn't planning on installing ProATC before the upcoming update has been released (the once in a year update which has nothing to do with 4.2). I also can live a while without GSX and I don't use the AS window that often so I think I will be fine.

I tested both last night after updating Client and Content only. All fine. 

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

On 12-2-2018 at 7:29 PM, FlightSimmer68 said:

I can live without DL.

Active Sky has an update out.

But no SimpleCam is a real PITA.

For Update SimpleCam see 

https://forum.aivlasoft.com/topic/2778-prepar3d-42/

jac

Jac 

PC Specs: 

/MoBo: Asus Rampage V Extreme/CPU: Intel ®  Core i7 5930k @ 3.5 Ghz OC 4.2 Ghz/CPU Cooling: Hydro series H100i / RAM: 32GB DDR4 2400MHz/ SSD: 4x Samsung SSD 850 PRO 512 GB/SSD: 1x Samsung SSD 970 EVO 1TB M.2 /PSU: Corsair RM  850

/GPU: NVidia Geforce RTX 2080 Ti OC 11 GB (Asus ROG STRIX Gaming) /Monitor:  Asus ROG 348Q Res, 3440x1440 / OC 100 Hz /OS: Windows 10 Professional 64 bit - Version Build 19041 

FlightSim: P3Dv5 HF2 & MSFS 2020 Hardware: Yoko Yoke+ ; Yoke TQ6+ 

27 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

I tested both last night after updating Client and Content only. All fine. 

Ok, so the problem probably is system specific. As soon as I've installed everything I'll if I also have the problem or not (although I will only install AS for now).

14 hours ago, Rockliffe said:

The immediate solution was to disable Intel's Turbo Boost Max technology.  The long term solutions was to wait for ASUS to provide a BIOS/EFI update along with an updated Intel Turbo Boost Max Driver.  So if anyone is experiencing this strange behavior when moving "up" to better hardware, it might be worth checking for an updated BIOS/EFI and updated Intel Turbo Boost Max driver ... or simply disable Turbo Boost Max and test to see if that fixes the issue.

Now, be aware that the source of "blurries" can be many things, this is just ONE source off "blurries" I'm presenting above and how I solved it.  In my case, this was NOT an LM problem, it was a hardware problem.

Cheers, Rob.

Rob-

Thank you very much.  I disabled Turbo Boost as you suggest and it is now as if I am seeing a whole new simulator!  Many of the blurries are gone!  The Orbx scenery is much more crisp!  You truly are a "Rock Star" in my book.  Thank you for your contributions to our hobby!

22 minutes ago, gpf3m said:

Rob-

Thank you very much.  I disabled Turbo Boost as you suggest and it is now as if I am seeing a whole new simulator!  Many of the blurries are gone!  The Orbx scenery is much more crisp!  You truly are a "Rock Star" in my book.  Thank you for your contributions to our hobby!

Really?? I have been getting blurries forever! Does it really work?

Discord | YouTube | Facebook

34" Odyssey OLED G8 175Hz | 3440X1440 | AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | PNY VERTO OC GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER 16 GB | G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F GAMING WIFI ATX AM5 | Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 | ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler | Fractal Design North XL ATX Full Tower Case