Sign in to follow this  
Poppet

Prepar3D v4.2 has been released

14 hours ago, Hilkiah said:

I have this exact problem.  Also happens with the GSX window.

This appears to be related to FSUIPC

19 hours ago, Rob Ainscough said:

Without knowing more about your motherboard, CPU, BIOS, OS, seeing all your BIOS/EFI options, additional tuning programs you may have running at startup, etc. etc. ... oh and reading thru your MB's manual ... I wouldn't have much input to give, there are just so many items it could be, but I'd start looking at BIOS settings, and drivers, and if you can disable Turbo Boost and set to a fixed frequency.

Cheers, Rob.

Hey Rob, FYI, managed to reset the BIOS to default of 4Ghz, but no change whatsoever. I've also now OC'd back to 4.5Ghz and while it has added a little bit more smoothness, the laggy texture loading still remains an issue. :blink:

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

The technology is not compatible with your processor.  Heck, it is not even compatible with an i7 7700K!!!  You will need to upgrade your CPU (and MB).  See https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26103/Intel-Turbo-Boost-Max-Technology-3-0.  It will work with a machine like Rob's (and maybe mine too when I buy the $2300 CPU!).

Best regards,

Jim

• Upvote 2

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

On 2/12/2018 at 6:17 PM, Rob Ainscough said:

Uninstalling the 4.1 Client only and installing the 4.2 client only takes me about 3 mins and 42 seconds (I did it alot).  About the same time it takes to post a response on AVSIM :)

Conversely uninstalling the 4.2 client only and going back and installing the 4.1 client only took about 2 mins and 59 seconds (go figure) ... I did this A LOT over the past several months.

Going back and forth between 4.1 to 4.2 back to 4.1 and back to 4.2 and ... couldn't be more simple.

Cheers, Rob.

Installing the client is fine.. But trying to get all other softwares to work with  the P3D. AS, F1 GTN, etc etc. 

:)

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

12 hours ago, Dougal said:

Well, this is both interesting and a little bizarre....

I've just updated from 4.1 to 4.2 and so far, the ONLY addon I've needed to update, was AS4

FSUIPC appears to be working withought a glitch from previous installation.

PMDG aircraft all fine

FSLabs A320 loaded up just fine and everything 'seems' to be functioning so far

CS757v3 Working without issue

Sounds good:) and did you install only the client or content and scenery too? I moved from FSX to P3d when 4.1 came out so im not that familiar with the update process:) and as lot of other guy i dont want to re install everything :)

Just also installed content. Deleted prepar3d.cfg and shaders, needed to run ORBX migration tool and everything seems fine so far! The CH-53 seems to be the NemethDesigns btw....

3 hours ago, Hypofx said:

Sounds good:) and did you install only the client or content and scenery too? I moved from FSX to P3d when 4.1 came out so im not that familiar with the update process:) and as lot of other guy i dont want to re install everything :)

I installed all three.

• Upvote 1

Everything works fine for me as well but I do have one annoying problem now: Num Lock and Caps Lock aren't working anymore (snap view no longer works and I also can't access the ATC Pro menu anymore). Outside of P3D these functions work just fine.

Anyone else who has encountered this issue?

Former MSFS Alpha Tester, current member of the MSFS Stream Team.

3 minutes ago, simtom said:

Everything works fine for me as well but I do have one annoying problem now: Num Lock and Caps Lock aren't working anymore (snap view no longer works and I also can't access the ATC Pro menu anymore). Outside of P3D these functions work just fine.

Anyone else who has encountered this issue?

When you say you can't access the Pro ATC menu, what exactly do you mean?

Hilkiah G. Lavinier

P3d v4.3, ORBX (global/trees/vector/LC,airports), Envshade/Envtek, Pilot2ATC, PRO-ATC, Navigraph, PFPX, ASCA/AS, Freemesh 2.0, Aivlasoft EFB v2, Various addon airports, FSL A319X/A320X, PMDG 737/777/747, TFDI 717, QW 787, Carenados jets

Intel i7 4790k (no OC & no hyperthreading), 16gb, Nvidia 980ti (no OC), 3xSSDs, Acer Predator XB281HK (4K resolution), Windows 10 (1803 build) - runs P3D 

Intel NUC7i7BNH i7, 16gb, M2 ssd, Windows 10 (build 1803) - runs AS/ASCA, Pilot2ATC, Aivlasoft EFB 

1 minute ago, Hilkiah said:

When you say you can't access the Pro ATC menu, what exactly do you mean?

I meant the In-Flight menu. It quickly flashes on my screen and then disappears (as if you would have pressed the corresponding key twice). 

14 minutes ago, 238932 said:

This is caused by  FSUIPC,  use the  version 5.122 to fix the problem

The funny thing is that I'm using version 5.122.

Don't think its FSUIPC...maybe more SIMCONNECT.  I've posted about this problem and what I've done here:

I suggest you uninstall Pro ATC (and GSX and AS) and reinstall them one at a time testing in between installs.  For me, after reinstalling GSX, I haven't seen the problem recur.  however Couatl crashes every so often (and I have to restart it).  I haven't reinstalled Pro ATC nor AS yet (no time) but intend to do so later tonight.

Hilkiah G. Lavinier

P3d v4.3, ORBX (global/trees/vector/LC,airports), Envshade/Envtek, Pilot2ATC, PRO-ATC, Navigraph, PFPX, ASCA/AS, Freemesh 2.0, Aivlasoft EFB v2, Various addon airports, FSL A319X/A320X, PMDG 737/777/747, TFDI 717, QW 787, Carenados jets

Intel i7 4790k (no OC & no hyperthreading), 16gb, Nvidia 980ti (no OC), 3xSSDs, Acer Predator XB281HK (4K resolution), Windows 10 (1803 build) - runs P3D 

Intel NUC7i7BNH i7, 16gb, M2 ssd, Windows 10 (build 1803) - runs AS/ASCA, Pilot2ATC, Aivlasoft EFB 

7 minutes ago, Hilkiah said:

Don't think its FSUIPC...maybe more SIMCONNECT.  I've posted about this problem and what I've done here:

I suggest you uninstall Pro ATC (and GSX and AS) and reinstall them one at a time testing in between installs.  For me, after reinstalling GSX, I haven't seen the problem recur.  however Couatl crashes every so often (and I have to restart it).  I haven't reinstalled Pro ATC nor AS yet (no time) but intend to do so later tonight.

I'm having a similar problem to the one you've posted but I can use the GSX menu with no problems at all (as well as the AS menu). 

18 hours ago, Jim Young said:

The technology is not compatible with your processor.  Heck, it is not even compatible with an i7 7700K!!!

Hi Jim, Turbo Boost is built into the 7700K and the 6700K, it's just an earlier version called Turbo Boost Max V2.0.  For more recent CPU's it's V3.0.  See references:

https://ark.intel.com/products/88195/Intel-Core-i7-6700K-Processor-8M-Cache-up-to-4_20-GHz

https://ark.intel.com/products/97129/Intel-Core-i7-7700K-Processor-8M-Cache-up-to-4_50-GHz

19 hours ago, Rockliffe said:

reset the BIOS to default of 4Ghz, but no change whatsoever.

Ok, but that isn't what I suggested ... disable Turbo Boost and set the CPU to a fixed frequency, leave HT enabled since the 6700K only has 4 real cores.  My suggestion was specific to more recent CPUs and was not a blanket solution for "blurries" or "laggy" texture loading.  I'd still recommend you get your BIOS updated to latest and if you're using Intel Turbo Boost V2.0 Technology then make sure you have the latest driver from Intel ... that's just best practices.  But again, this is NOT a cure for all blurries, it may help a few with the same situation as I ... also to be noted that after updating my BIOS to the latest and getting the latest Intel Turbo Boost Max V3.0 driver, my issue was solved and I can still have Turbo Boost Max enabled.

Cheers, Rob.