Sign in to follow this  
Poppet

Prepar3D v4.2 has been released

FS Global Weather for V4 don't update to the new Build 401 and under "my downloads" only the old Build 400 installs.

Achim

PS: Found temporary download

With exception of 747 known issue, after update everything works perfectly for now. Just updated PTA with Gerrard's setting and it it fantastic. Fluid and improved. For me at least....:biggrin:

• Upvote 1

Virtual Air Canada - Alex Luzajic

On 16-2-2018 at 11:54 PM, Rob Ainscough said:

Gerard, very nice pics and apparently not LC but is a Region? ... I didn't see any season shots, but keeping in mind the Netherlands is a fairly small area.  However, I guess this suggests that high quality PR is possible in P3D V4 and it's up to the content provider to make it happen ... this would be GREAT news indeed.

Cheers, Rob.

Lol Rob don't try to walk through our small country, and indeed curious what it will bring, I always stayed away from PR but this one I will try for sure

André

2 hours ago, awf said:

Rob don't try to walk through our small country, and indeed curious what it will bring, I always staye

Walking around your small country is on my todo list, best way to experience a country.  I’ve only made short visits and those were work related or stop overs.

Cheers Rob.

2 hours ago, awf said:

Lol Rob don't try to walk through our small country, and indeed curious what it will bring, I always stayed away from PR but this one I will try for sure

Photoreal is a lot better than landclass, it's generally not done very well (poor quality source images, no hand-placed objects).

Orbx has argued for years that HDD space was a limiting factor, but that's just not true any more.

High-quality photoreal with lots of objects in their correct places is a beautiful thing.

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

2 hours ago, OzWhitey said:

Photoreal is a lot better than landclass, it's generally not done very well (poor quality source images, no hand-placed objects).

Orbx has argued for years that HDD space was a limiting factor, but that's just not true any more.

High-quality photoreal with lots of objects in their correct places is a beautiful thing.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and also preferences good for you, but it doesn't mean

the rest from the planet have to follow ;-) More choices are always a good thing.

While I agree with your arguments, it has still for me a long road to go... Maybe this one will be the turning point, I prefer real above PR there is a huge difference...

André

2 hours ago, Rob Ainscough said:

Walking around your small country is on my todo list, best way to experience a country.  I’ve only made short visits and those were work related or stop overs.

Cheers Rob.

Welcome for a drink and something to eat, when walking nearby and visit our tiny place on the planet Rob ;-)

André

19 minutes ago, awf said:

I prefer real above PR there is a huge difference...

Photoreal - done well - is better than landclass, because it's real. So you should like it better if you like real. :)

Personally, I hate flying over fake scenery (i.e. landclass). Seems more like a video game than a sim.

Orbx has a long track record of combining photoreal with placed objects (just think of any of their airport sceneries). It will be interesting to see what they can do on a larger scale*, with a whole country-let*.

* - see below: 

Just so we're clear, there's no way that the netherlands is a full country. I just checked, and it's 33,893 sq km in size. The place I live in - the Pilbara - is just a fairly small part of my state, and hardly anyone in Australia has even heard of it. And it's 502,000 sq km, about 15 times as large. So until the Pilbara gets super-country status, the Netherlands will need to call itself something different. It's about the same size as a shire, so we can call it the Shire of Holland (also, you have to choose between Netherlands and Holland - crazy to have two+ names, when you're so small.)

(Note: Shire of Holland may have more people than the Pilbara, don't know, didn't check).

:happy:

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

1 hour ago, OzWhitey said:

Photoreal - done well - is better than landclass, because it's real. So you should like it better if you like real. :)

Personally, I hate flying over fake scenery (i.e. landclass). Seems more like a video game than a sim.

Orbx has a long track record of combining photoreal with placed objects (just think of any of their airport sceneries). It will be interesting to see what they can do on a larger scale*, with a whole country-let*.

* - see below: 

Just so we're clear, there's no way that the netherlands is a full country. I just checked, and it's 33,893 sq km in size. The place I live in - the Pilbara - is just a fairly small part of my state, and hardly anyone in Australia has even heard of it. And it's 502,000 sq km, about 15 times as large. So until the Pilbara gets super-country status, the Netherlands will need to call itself something different. It's about the same size as a shire, so we can call it the Shire of Holland (also, you have to choose between Netherlands and Holland - crazy to have two+ names, when you're so small.)

(Note: Shire of Holland may have more people than the Pilbara, don't know, didn't check).

:happy:

I agree with ORBX have a lot of stuff from them what I mean with real is that it looks precisely that, with photo real most
of the time it looks like a photo on a screen and out of place by the rest of the sim ;-)

Lol yep two names for a very small spot...

But that having said Robert, I think the technique applied to the upcoming "Shire" (lol) Netherlands (lucky us) could be the turning point for me personal.

Thanks for your inside appreciated and great times ahead...

André

4 hours ago, OzWhitey said:

Photoreal - done well - is better than landclass, because it's real.

LOL, it's awesome how far we can go semantic in trying to figure out what is 'real' in our PC sims. :biggrin:
And on a very side note: I personally hate photoreal scenery.

• Upvote 1

Downgraded P3D v4.2 back to v4.1 and now is quicker and no NumPad issues so far.

I wait for v4.2 newer revision if available.

Patricio Valdes

On 16-2-2018 at 11:54 PM, Rob Ainscough said:

Gerard, very nice pics and apparently not LC but is a Region? ... I didn't see any season shots, but keeping in mind the Netherlands is a fairly small area.  However, I guess this suggests that high quality PR is possible in P3D V4 and it's up to the content provider to make it happen ... this would be GREAT news indeed.

Cheers, Rob.

Hi Rob,

Here all the info you need :

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/144036-eu-netherlands-photoreal-alpha-shots/

regards, Gerard

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

16 hours ago, OzWhitey said:

I like seasons.

Orbx said they are developing photoscenery but seasonal changes. That is photoscenery Id buy.

17 hours ago, Rob Ainscough said:

Cheers Rob.

Cycling is even better. Possibly the most cycle-friendly country in the world. A full network of cycle routes - and no hills!

Petraeus

7 hours ago, Petraeus said:

Cycling is even better.

Funny, my wife said the same thing ... but I love hill/Mountains also ... I have a Mountain in my backyard so I regularly bike up/down it (only about 4000 ft).

Cheers Rob.