Sign in to follow this  
Poppet

Prepar3D v4.2 has been released

1 hour ago, jabloomf1230 said:

Well, I have an interesting problem with 4.2. I uninstalled content and client and then reinstalled the 4.2 versions. I went back to FSUIPC 5.122a. Everything worked great... except that any geographic  area laid out on a grid (cities, suburbs, etc.) has no autogen of any kind (buildings or vegetation). It's consistent throughout the globe. Non-grid areas have building and vegetation and all rural land classes have vegetation also.  The UI autogen settings have no effect on this. I started with new versions of the shader binaries, prepar3d.cfg, exe.xml and dll.xml.

I wonder if it is necessary to uninstall and reinstall the scenery? 

By "new version of the shader binaries" does that mean you deleted the shader cache?

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

I'm going to wait a few days and see how things are for everyone. Somehow I don't have a good feeling about this hotfix. Please continue reporting. :)

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

36 minutes ago, Farlis said:

So you think it is fine to have a professional simulation product out in 2018 that uses a database from 2003 for Navaids, Intersections and Airport layouts and leave the updating of that to third party companies?!

Isn't that the industry norm now? AIRACs change less than monthly. Do you expect everyone writing flight sim software to provide that service for free?

• Upvote 3

@simbol I hope you got what's needed for ya in the SDK to complete the runway utility now? :biggrin:

• Upvote 2

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

56 minutes ago, Farlis said:

So you think it is fine to have a professional simulation product out in 2018 that uses a database from 2003 for Navaids, Intersections and Airport layouts and leave the updating of that to third party companies?!

You get what you pay for. ROFL.

blaustern

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

1 hour ago, jabloomf1230 said:

Well, I have an interesting problem with 4.2. I uninstalled content and client and then reinstalled the 4.2 versions. I went back to FSUIPC 5.122a. Everything worked great... except that any geographic  area laid out on a grid (cities, suburbs, etc.) has no autogen of any kind (buildings or vegetation). It's consistent throughout the globe. Non-grid areas have building and vegetation and all rural land classes have vegetation also.  The UI autogen settings have no effect on this. I started with new versions of the shader binaries, prepar3d.cfg, exe.xml and dll.xml.

I wonder if it is necessary to uninstall and reinstall the scenery? 

Duh... Elaine you're supposed to save me from my own stupidity! It's the "old" ORBX libs issue when installing the new P3d  content.

http://prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6322&t=126987

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Bluestar said:

You get what you pay for. ROFL.

Yeah, either ~$24 for one year or ~$10 for 3 months is a pretty hefty price to pay for all this.

3 hours ago, virtuali said:

I'm not sure why you think Couatl it's not compatible "as usual"...

First, Couatl was never tied to the precise version of the sim. It wasn't even affected by the move to 64 bit. Being an external .EXE and a fully compliant Simconnect client, is what saves the Couatl engine from being dependent on the version of the sim, and the one and only Couatl executable, can happily connect to FSX+SP2, FSX:SE, P3D 1, 2, 3 and 4.

If anything, it was our Addon Manager that, as a .DLL, used to be dependent on the exact version of the sim, because it used to peek in memory to get data which wasn't otherwise available by other means.

However, since more than one year, this is no longer the case, because LM has added the things we missed to be retrievable without using direct memory access so, starting with some version around P3D 3.x, even the Addon Manager is no longer version-dependent, the only difference (being a .DLL) it's if the sim it's 32 or 64 bit.

So, as far as FSDT is concerned, the requirements or the steps to update to P3D 4.2 are exactly None and, thanks to our usage of the add-on.xml method and our default install location outside the sim, you can even wipe out your existing P3D4 installation, and it wouldn't affect our software in any way, which will still stay installed and active.

In fact, P3D 4.2 fixes what was the most annoying bug for us, which was the random disappearance of textures when many addons were installed using the add-on.xml, introduced with 4.1 so, it would be best if anybody would update to it as soon as possible.

Excellent and thank you.

Mark

I started with P3D v4, and when 4.1 came out I uninstalled v4 and then installed 4.1. Now when I did that I didn't have much of anything installed. Now that I have some add-ons installed and a lot of AI, how do I go about updating to 4.2?

Everyone should just hold off.

Until I finish downloading it  :)

2 hours ago, Farlis said:

Thats one thing you can give Dovetail props for, they tried to update a few of the built in airports. But then their vision is taking ESP to the most "stuff included out of the box" whereas LM focusing on feature sets for partners to build their addons around. If you think of it as Dovetail working on Windows Home edition while LM is working on Windows Server their different approaches make sense. 

Can someone post a few screenshots of the CH-53E. I'm a big 53 fan.

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro