Sign in to follow this  
Poppet

Prepar3D v4.2 has been released

6 minutes ago, kurtb said:

so what works and what does not thusfar

Until Hifi release an AS update, I aint movin'

Would be good if devs could tell us what the updates mean in terms of new development possibilities.  What can you do with the new SDK that couldn't be done before?

• Upvote 6

There seems to be some significant improvements for VR user like, for example, the possibility of using WMR devices via SteamVR. I just ordered a Samsung Odissey, so that is indeed good news.

Besides that, I did a quick test with my Rift and using the new Single-Pass Stereo View option on the VR menu boosted my FPS`s sigificantly.

• Upvote 2

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

Well I am very happy as all the fixes and new features I requested to LM are there available on the list, I will be downloading tonight and perform my usual reports to my customers regarding the impact on the majority and most common ad-don's and of course how it affects my products.

Many thanks Lockheed Martin for listening to developers requirements regardless of how big or small we are.

Best Regards,
Simbol

• Upvote 9

Just now, ErichB said:

Until Hifi release an AS update, I aint movin'

+5 bud

I believe Pete/FSUIPC, mentioned the latest version would be compatable with the next P3DV4 release?

Just now, Adrian123 said:

I believe Pete/FSUIPC, mentioned the latest version would be compatable with the next P3DV4 release?

It is compatible, though the usual gang, AS, ChasePlane, Orbx, Couatl, FSLabs, probably SkyForce, are not yet compatible :)

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

1 minute ago, Johnny19 said:

It is compatible, though the usual gang, AS, ChasePlane, Orbx, Couatl, FSLabs, probably SkyForce, are not yet compatible :)

Riiiiight.

1 minute ago, Adrian123 said:

Riiiiight.

lol , you don't sound happy at all

It doesn't appear in the log the add-on.xml issue hasn't been fixed. Textures stop loading or wrong texture loading when a certain number of add-ons are activated.

5 minutes ago, kurtb said:

lol , you don't sound happy at all

LOL. Reckon it is what it is.

3 minutes ago, bills511 said:

It doesn't appear in the log the add-on.xml issue hasn't been fixed. Textures stop loading or wrong texture loading when a certain number of add-ons are activated.

Is this it? 

Fixed issue that could cause incorrect or corrupt textures to load when having several scenery add-ons installed through the Add-on Package setup

• Upvote 1

OMG...the patch has been out for well over an hour and all the vendors haven't made their software compatible yet?  Preposterous! :biggrin:

I'm at work so I still have several hours before I can even start with the patch...all my 3rd party software better work by then or they'll be heII to pay! :laugh:

EDIT: Thanks for the likes guys. I'm glad you all know it was a lighthearted stab at ALL of us crazy simmers that want all our stuff to work the second LM releases a patch or upgrade....knowing, like Simbol mentioned, that a good majority of devs don't see the patch until us lowly simmers do. 

Kudos to the devs who took advantage of their status and had the update in their hands for a while and not only did the testing to ensure compatibility, but also pre-staged their updates, probably pre-loading them to a ghost page, ready to just flip the switch when the OK was given by LM.  Good stuff all around...and LM....they are LISTENING to our Devs!  Anyone that worked with the MS teams in the late stages can appreciate how important this is to the future of our hobby.  I know MS ACES had their hands (budgets) tied by big brother, but it was frustrating to see all our great ideas fall on paralyzed (by budgets) hands.  The empathized with our cause, but could do nothing...YEA LM for listening....AND implementing!!

Edited by Steve Dra
  • Upvote 16

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

44 minutes ago, ErichB said:

Like what?

Like airport layouts (terminals, RWYs, TWYs, etc.) adding airports not in the sim/database, updating freqs., nav equipment, etc.  

Airports aren't staric.

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

9 minutes ago, Chaos81 said:

Is this it? 

That's sounds right. Thanks Mike