Sign in to follow this  
hvw

P3D v4.2 looping in loading terrain data

23 minutes ago, J van E said:

This hobby isn't for the faint of heart. I don't even dare to advice someone to get into flightsimming. (Unless he or she would be satisfied with Aerofly FS 2.) It seems impossible to get into all this if you are completely new to it.

Funny you should say that Jeroen, I was only thinking exactly the same thing over the weekend, when I was being asked by a friend about getting into simming. I did in fact recommend Aerofly!

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

2 minutes ago, awf said:

You need 5.123C ;-)

I did. same issue. Like to know if it is perhaps an setting or something on my part? Need to verify. I've done many of theses updates following procedures and never had issues unless of course an add on is no longer compliant.

4 minutes ago, Rockliffe said:

Funny you should say that Jeroen, I was only thinking exactly the same thing over the weekend, when I was being asked by a friend about getting into simming. I did in fact recommend Aerofly!

It was a normal life back in the Flight Simulator 1, FS2 and FS3 days. Since FS4 and its ASD and other expansions (man I'm old), it all got complicated and to this day it's only gotten worse. I blame Microsoft! :laugh:

So... now that we spend more time tweaking than flying, the idea of something stable and hassle-free such as Aerofly sounds really boring to us on the P3D/FSX/XP side :biggrin:.

Maybe LM should release the source code and stop releasing binaries/executables, so we have to compile everything from scratch! Then the discussions would be around which compiler flags to use in order to squeeze more performance!!! 

Enrique Vaamonde

Haven't tried to disable the alleged compatible version of fsuipc, yet. Will do so tomorrow.

Thanks for all the suggestions, I am sure I will get P3Dv4.2 working for me, too

Hans

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, Noctua NH-U9S Cooler, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)

Downgrading Fsuipc to version 5.122a did the trick. All's running fine now.

Hans

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, Noctua NH-U9S Cooler, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)