Sign in to follow this  
OzWhitey

Prepar3d v4.2 and PMDG

As you may know, v4.2 of Prepar3d is out.

i haven’t tested it yet, as I’m still downloading on a slow connection.

Does anyone know: Are the PMDG jets compatible?

I’m going through a bit of an NGX phase at the moment, so I won’t update if it’s not. 

Other interesting items:

- dynamic lighting is said to be improved. I wonder if there is much gain here (having said that, I was pretty happy with my 4.1 performance).

- VR seems to have been a focus. As I do all my NGX/QOTSII flying in VR, i’ll be interested to see if frames and smoothness are significantly better.

If anyone’s got any PMDG specific feedback, please let us know!

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

7 minutes ago, OzWhitey said:

Are the PMDG jets compatible?

It's a minor v update. Why wouldn't they be? This isn't P3Dv5.0...

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

18 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

He is probably asking because updating to 4.2 breaks the FSL A320 and you can no longer fly it until FSL pushes an update.

Robert,

Everything is fine with PMDG (737 and 747, I don't have 777), I have no issues at all.   With dynamic lighting I don't really see much gain. This version on my PC it feels more fluid.

• Upvote 1

I9- 13900K- CPU @ 5.0GHz, 64 GB RAM @ 6200MHz, NVIDIA RTX 4090

49 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

As noted, it breaks the FSL A320, as well as a bunch of other essentials (Active Sky, PTA, FSUIPC etc etc). I'm enjoying flying my NGX at the moment, would not be happy to wait for an update. Glad that you don't think it will be a problem.

Alex - thx for the info. I have the T7, but am flying the same two planes as you at the moment. I personally saw no frame rate drop when testing dynamic lighting in v4.1 with the QOTSII (tests posted elsewhere). But I am very interested in the claim of improved VR performance, as the NGX is not always as smooth as it needs to be when used for this application (747 is a little better, and Majestic Q400 is WAY better, though I don't really like it as an aircraft so I always end up coming back to the QOTSII/NGX. PMDG - please make the 747-800 smooth!)

It's 3:30am here, so might pack up the sim and update/test tomorrow. :)

• Upvote 1

Oz

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

1 hour ago, scandinavian13 said:

Hi Kyle, can you confirm that the back lighting issue (where it kind of dies on the captian's side after a certain time of flying) in the NGX has been resolved in 4.2? From what I recall it was said at one point that it was on LM's side and would be addressed in a future update.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, harvester21 said:

Hi Kyle, can you confirm that the back lighting issue (where it kind of dies on the captian's side after a certain time of flying) in the NGX has been resolved in 4.2? From what I recall it was said at one point that it was on LM's side and would be addressed in a future update.

We haven't see it happening on 4.2 anymore.

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

1 hour ago, OzWhitey said:

As noted, it breaks the FSL A320, as well as a bunch of other essentials (Active Sky, PTA, FSUIPC etc etc). I'm enjoying flying my NGX at the moment, would not be happy to wait for an update. Glad that you don't think it will be a problem.

Alex - thx for the info. I have the T7, but am flying the same two planes as you at the moment. I personally saw no frame rate drop when testing dynamic lighting in v4.1 with the QOTSII (tests posted elsewhere). But I am very interested in the claim of improved VR performance, as the NGX is not always as smooth as it needs to be when used for this application (747 is a little better, and Majestic Q400 is WAY better, though I don't really like it as an aircraft so I always end up coming back to the QOTSII/NGX. PMDG - please make the 747-800 smooth!)

It's 3:30am here, so might pack up the sim and update/test tomorrow. :)

Concerning FSUIPC: updating to the latest version (5.123c) should work with P3Dv4.2 => FSUIPC download forum

5 hours ago, Headley said:

Concerning FSUIPC: updating to the latest version (5.123c) should work with P3Dv4.2

Actually, the latest version of FSUIPC seems to have problems, and updating is not recommended. I imagine Pete will fix it when he gets back from vacation (said to be on 20th Feb).

Oz

1 hour ago, OzWhitey said:

Actually, the latest version of FSUIPC seems to have problems, and updating is not recommended. I imagine Pete will fix it when he gets back from vacation (said to be on 20th Feb).

Here is the FSUIPC fix that I use myself and works just fine in P3D 4.2. I did the following:

(temporary manual update for Prepar3D V4.2 ONLY until new FSUIPC is released. The current FSUIPC 5.123 has a bug, which may make Prepar 4.2 stutter, hang or even crash. 5.122a however does work. Unfortunately there is no setup for this version. In order to get the update to you asap, we have the following work around: download this file and install by running setup. Then download the file below as well and extract FSUIPC.dll into your \p3D V4\modules folder overwriting the existing one.)

Download link: http://www.fly2pilots.com/fsgrw/files/fsuipc5122a.zip

Enjoy!

/Erik Calmfors
P3D 4.2 User

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Olympic260 said:

We haven't see it happening on 4.2 anymore.

Thanks for the feedback Chris. Will do the tests on my end and let you know if there are any more instances of it happening.

5 hours ago, erikac said:

Here is the FSUIPC fix that I use myself and works just fine in P3D 4.2. I did the following:

(temporary manual update for Prepar3D V4.2 ONLY until new FSUIPC is released. The current FSUIPC 5.123 has a bug, which may make Prepar 4.2 stutter, hang or even crash. 5.122a however does work. Unfortunately there is no setup for this version. In order to get the update to you asap, we have the following work around: download this file and install by running setup. Then download the file below as well and extract FSUIPC.dll into your \p3D V4\modules folder overwriting the existing one.)

Download link: http://www.fly2pilots.com/fsgrw/files/fsuipc5122a.zip

Enjoy!

/Erik Calmfors
P3D 4.2 User

Interesting. Thanks for the tip, Erik.

• Upvote 1

Oz