Sign in to follow this  
Orlaam

Fly The Maddog X Website Launched!

• Upvote 3

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

flythemadoginfo.png

Thanks Chris Some info from facebook.

Fly the Maddog X will be available in two versions via simMarket:
64bit edition (P3Dv4.1-v4.2), that will cost 80€.
32 bit edition (FSX/FSX:SE/P3Dv3.4) 65€.
There will be a 5€ discount for both versions during the first week upon release. News for the customers of the legacy version shortly.

Thanks for your patience and your warm interest in Fly the Maddog X.

• Upvote 4

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

I suspect with the 4.2 version of P3D out, we'll see a flurry of releases within the next few weeks.  Good times to be a flightsimmer right now!

Not sure if this preview video was posted somewhere else on Avsim.

• Upvote 4

Dylan Charles

"The aircraft G-limits are only there in case there is another flight by that particular airplane. If subsequent flights do not appear likely, there are no G-limits."

Documentation on their site regarding setup and manager/config options.  Looks pretty nice so far.

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

thank you for the heads up! ... I can't wait and from now on I'll be ready to get it anytime ...

ciao, francesco

Francesco Z. (groundeddog)

13 hours ago, Silverbird said:

Fly the Maddog X will be available in two versions via simMarket:
64bit edition (P3Dv4.1-v4.2), that will cost 80€.
32 bit edition (FSX/FSX:SE/P3Dv3.4) 65€.
There will be a 5€ discount for both versions during the first week upon release. News for the customers of the legacy version shortly.

Thanks for your patience and your warm interest in Fly the Maddog X.

Thank you for the news... I'm waiting for "News for the customers of the legacy version shortly.":gaul:

Regards,

• Upvote 1

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

I´m really looking forward to the release! I´ve had the old Dog in the hangar for far too long, since it was pretty much INOP in P3Dv3.x 

One thing i noted in the preview video is that the cockpit sound samples sound exactly as they did in the FS2004-version. They have a harsh, 22,5kHz sample rate + bit reduction mono sound to them. Hopefully it will be possible to replace some of the sound files with better resolution ones - especially the avionics.  

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, DrumsArt said:

Thank you for the news... I'm waiting for "News for the customers of the legacy version shortly.":gaul:

Regards,

Hi its my pleasure to help out  :happy: thank you also Chris and Dylan for the info looks like a great add-on.

12 hours ago, kristolz said:

I´m really looking forward to the release! I´ve had the old Dog in the hangar for far too long, since it was pretty much INOP in P3Dv3.x 

One thing i noted in the preview video is that the cockpit sound samples sound exactly as they did in the FS2004-version. They have a harsh, 22,5kHz sample rate + bit reduction mono sound to them. Hopefully it will be possible to replace some of the sound files with better resolution ones - especially the avionics.  

HI Kristoffer thats a shame hopefully we can replace the sounds with a more higher quality set  is such important part of realism. :biggrin:

• Upvote 1

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

22 hours ago, DrumsArt said:

Regards,

According to the latest Facebook conversation, that €5 discount is the news for owners of the legacy version. It's hard to see such a small discount causing anyone to rush into a purchase who wasn't going to be an early adopter anyway. For a decent discount I would have grabbed it, but I have plenty of big iron to keep me busy at the moment anyway so I'll wait until I get around to it.

• Upvote 4

14 minutes ago, Holdit said:

According to the latest Facebook conversation, that €5 discount is the news for owners of the legacy version. It's hard to see such a small discount causing anyone to rush into a purchase who wasn't going to be an early adopter anyway. For a decent discount I would have grabbed it, but I have plenty of big iron to keep me busy at the moment anyway so I'll wait until I get around to it.

its a little little confusing ,their statement at Facebook, but after a quick read i think there are two 5 euro discounts, one for legacy ppl and one for ALL at launch ,which shall last till end of feb.

hope i have not confused ppl more :D

kind regards

9 hours ago, Silverbird said:

Hi its my pleasure to help out  :happy: thank you also Chris and Dylan for the info looks like a great add-on.

HI Kristoffer thats a shame hopefully we can replace the sounds with a more higher quality set  is such important part of realism. :biggrin:

Thanks Cesar!

Indeed - it´s perhaps one of the most important parts for creating a realistic experience. 

As I´ve mentioned in another thread, I´m an audio engineer by trade, and have worked a lot with "lossy" audio files / formats over the years, so my ears have become seriously oversensitive to any form of lossy compression or sample rate conversion issues (or lack of full 20kHz resolution).  Sadly, there are no MD80s left in Norway. If there had been one, I would gladly have made stereo recordings of the avionics etc, and tried to filter out as much ambient noise as possible to all the aural warnings. A stereo recording of the cockpit, with fans and servos, recorded from several positions, partially mixed together would probably be the way to go:)

Hopefully you´ve got a MD80 at hand somewhere, available for a full days recording session! Hopefully it´s easier to embed higher quality sound files in P3Dv4, now that the 32 bit anchor is left at the bottom of the software ocean. 

Anyway - I will still buy it - the old Dog is one of my favorite aircraft of all time - both in the real world, and in the sim(s).  

Best regards,

Kristoffer.

• Upvote 1

Kristoffer,

Danish Air Transport which is based in Billund has a MD83 and recently got 2 MD82 from Meridian.

So there are some not that far away from you ;)

• Upvote 2

Best regards

Peter Lund