Sign in to follow this  
cobrakev1526

OK Prepar3D V4.2 is out!!!

I just installed and will have a few hours of VR time later tonight.  Will post back.

I'm excited about some of the new options!

• Added Single-Pass VR support for improved VR performance.
  • Added headset selection to the VR menu
  • Fixed flickering issue in VR when changing to a sensor view for the first time
  • Added additional VR error messages to assist in debugging common issues

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

YES so far Im very impressed with the performance. I just flew through a spinning cloud (spinning i know) but my eyes didn't go cross-eyed because of how 4.1 VR render clouds clos up i need to check the water now. 4.1 had some very bad VR anomaly when looking and clouds and water

12 minutes ago, cobrakev1526 said:

4.1 had some very bad VR anomaly when looking and clouds and water

I hadn't noticed that but I'll keep an eye out!

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

Check out the responses from my post on Prepar3D regarding Single pass rendering it sure looks promising:

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6306&t=128467

Joe

Joe (Southern California)

SystemI9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 4K w/ Native 30 hz capability  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, AIG AI, MCE, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, HP Reverb G2

2 hours ago, cobrakev1526 said:

OK water and Clouds look good FINALY!!!

Whatdo you mean,? IS the water as good as FSX Water?

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

No the water would render differently  in each eye in vr losing all depth perception as well as the clouds. Both of them in 4.2 look fine now. For example in 4.1 if you flew into a cloud as you approached it it look normal from a short distance but as you got ever closer your left and right eyes would separate as you entered the cloud. 

Thats about as clear as mud as I could describe the effect without showing it off.

I made a post about it to LM before

I also get a significant FPS boost when enabling single pass rendering!

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

seeing better fps w/ single pass but some image quality issues: high tension transmission line towers around lowi blink on/off and artifacts of terminal in mid air at dz klga.  perhaps gfx setting needs to be tweaked.  

but the default stereo works quite well.

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

OK, I gotta ask this, and see what the users here have/haven't experienced because of it.

There is a conflict between what LM is saying and what is shown on the main Oculus site in big red letters.

1.  LM is saying you need the LATEST graphics drivers to use the VR improvements in P3D v4.2

2.  See the big red notice on the top of the Oculus site in this link:  https://support.oculus.com/?locale=en_US&ref=oculus-pc-app

Oculus says any NVidia drivers after v388.59 "may cause problems" and you shouldn't use them with the Rift.

What's everyone's take on this so far?  Are you using any NVidia drivers newer than 388.59 with the Rift in P3D 4.2?  If you are using 388.59 as Oculus recommends, does it appear the new P3D 4.2 VR "updates" are working OK?

Rick Ryan

14 minutes ago, FalconAF said:

What's everyone's take on this so far?  Are you using any NVidia drivers newer than 388.59 with the Rift in P3D 4.2?  

I'm using 390.77 and they seem to work fine for me.  

I am using 388.59 and did experience some weird flickering issues when trying out the new Single pass rendering stereo mode. Normal stereo seems to work fine.

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

48 minutes ago, Gridley said:

I'm using 390.77 and they seem to work fine for me.  

Are you using the Single Pass rendering mode?  If not, can you try it and report what happens?  I want to use Single Pass, but as Thiago stated, it doesn't seem to work with Oculus' recommended driver version.

Rick Ryan

Yes, I have used it, smooth as silk!  I had a few flickers initially too, mainly around the prop disks, but they went away after everything loaded fully. I haven't tried it too much though I as have now switched back to FlyInside since they updated for P3Dv4.2 and it's a lot easier to see panel popups with FI.