Sign in to follow this  
cobrakev1526

OK Prepar3D V4.2 is out!!!

Hi all,

nVidia driver 390.77 here and both Normal stereo and Single-Pass stereo mode are working fine on this end.  

rgds, JB

Intel 11900K @ 5.0GHz, MSI Z590, 32GB G.Skill 3600Mhz, RTX 4080 MSI Ventus, GoFlight modules, HP Reverb G2 VR, FlyVirtual.net, Private Pilot SEL rating

Hi all,

I'm using 390.77 and I experience a 100% CTD when using single Pass Rendering with the Rift. Rootcause is g2d.dll when looking into event record.

Back to Stereo works fine. I have no idea what cause this issue. At least the CTD causes the Rift to malfunction in when trying to open Rift Home Screen (no Picture at all) Need to restart Computer and at one time I Need to reinstall Oculus Software. I'm going to stay calm as I can use both known mode in P3D to fly with VR until solution is pressnted. Either from Oculus or LM.

BR

Andreas Hövel

Hi,

normal Stereo and mono are working fine here. However, screen turns all black when switching to single pass rendering :/ (only strobe lights visible) with some moving red lines....I am using driver 390.77 (latest).

Regards,

JP

@simpilot1 and FuriousBird,

Have you tried the older Nvidia drivers - I am still on 388.71 myself and single pass VR works fine. I realize that every system PC is different but there have been warnings/recommendations about using older drivers for a while. The reason that you might want to try them is to see if the problem is Nvidia or LM (or maybe both?).

Dave W.

PC=9700K@5Ghz+RTX2070  VR=HP Reverb|   Software = Windows 10 | Flight SIms = P3D, CAP2, DCS World, IL-2,  Aerofly FS2

Hi Dave,

i think you are right with your recommendation. To be honest it is sometimes a nightmare. In every documentation you read when having problems is first make sure to use the newest driver setup.

But I have no idea how to go back with the Nvidia driver. Where can I get older version?

Thanks

Andreas 

@simpilot1

Did changing drivers help you with single pass?

Dave W.

PC=9700K@5Ghz+RTX2070  VR=HP Reverb|   Software = Windows 10 | Flight SIms = P3D, CAP2, DCS World, IL-2,  Aerofly FS2

Hey all,

I went back to driver 388.59 and it didn't solve my problem...i get pitch black screen with only strobe/navi/papi lights showing (only in single pass view).

Regards,

JP

@FuriousBird,

Could you list your main hardware (PC and video) and then your OS build. Maybe there are a few of us trying to see what is different about your system. As far as your P3Dv4.2 config, what addons do you have. Have you tried any default aircraft - you say that strobe/nav/papi lights are showing. Wonder what would happen if you didn't have any aircraft addons? I realize that you are having success without single pass - so the general install is fine. Have you logged this problem on the prepar3d forum?

https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=6312 )

Good luck

Dave W.

Hi Dave,

Thank you for your support. I wanted to report that i accidentally found the problem (it was high time). I gave up trying to make single pass work since i did not want a full reinstall and moved on next task which was to update URP1.1 to the 1.2 public beta paired with reshade. After lot of head scratching with that new task i just decided to remove urp and reset the default shaders (through the URP1.1 menu). I then ran the sim and tested the look of a PTA preset. Since it was looking fine i decided to see all that through VR. Once in VR, it seemed too smooth for the usual stereo mode. I checked the vr menu and noticed that it was actually single pass mode.

So for my situation i suppose it was some shaders issue with ultimate realism pack. 

Hardware is a 7700k - 16Gb Ram - 1080Ti - Win10 build. Nvidia driver is 388.59

Regards,

JP

I’ve given up for now on v4.2 Single Pass Rendering due to way too many issues particularly the strange flashing artifacts and objects like ships and roof tops appearing at airports when I turn my head. Many of us have tried just about everything to resolve the issues and nothing works except Stereo rendering. I hope LM can find the issue because the only real benefit of v4.2 is the frame improvements from SPR and for me and many others (see the Prepar3d posts) the visual problems aren’t worth it. 

Im still using FlyInside because of the zoom capability, pop ups like GTN and CDUs and the ability to import windows and interact with them are a must for me not to mention the 30 frame lift to 90 FI provides. Too bad LM can’t implement what Dan has done with a $20 addon

Joe

Joe (Southern California)

SystemI9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 4K w/ Native 30 hz capability  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, AIG AI, MCE, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, HP Reverb G2