Sign in to follow this  
RyInTheSky

Maddog Repaints Suggestions

On 2/16/2018 at 4:10 PM, scottb613 said:

Hi Folks,

USAir - lol - it wasn’t mentioned before - right ?

:tongue:

Shez - what’s your opinion ? Now if we only had a KPHL to fly out of...

Regarrds,

Scott

LOL...you and your USAir...haven't I painted enough of them for you?

I can tell you I ain't painting this MadDog until I see a paintkit (although the texture maps are pretty straightforward)...and even still I may not...I am a  retired painter after all. :laugh:

xLFFUG.jpg

And I'll have to do my own metal and other textures obviously...that will take a while..to say the least. still too up in the air (pun intended) but I threw this tail on really quick to mock up what she might look like if I decide to paint her.

And as a public service announcement to A320 owners who want any of my 21 repaints from a vendor who's been in the news recently, it would be prudent to go grab them soon. :wink:

Finally, to the simmers here that I've painted for before (due mostly on your demonstrated contributions to our community), your requests are being considered as well...you know who you are. :wink:

• Upvote 2

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Hi @Steve Dra

Is it possible to paint this one in a windowless configuration? as a cargo plane. Everts air cargo has one and there's a company who is converting them.

Juan Ramos

1 minute ago, xender said:

Hi @Steve Dra

Is it possible to paint this one in a windowless configuration? as a cargo plane. Everts air cargo has one and there's a company who is converting them.

LOL.....In fact that request has already been suggested by a beta tester in the program who incidentally flew the MD for Everts.....good timing on your request. :wink:

Whether I can  paint over the windows is a function of how the model is built but I'm pretty sure that the window holes are in the model...so...like the 747 I painted from a vendor who created a great passenger model, I did paint many freighters, but could not remove the windows with my magic brush. :blush:.

I think the devs are considering this...but I can't recall...hope they chime in and give us the facts.

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

1 hour ago, Steve Dra said:

LOL.....In fact that request has already been suggested by a beta tester in the program who incidentally flew the MD for Everts.....good timing on your request. :wink:

Whether I can  paint over the windows is a function of how the model is built but I'm pretty sure that the window holes are in the model...so...like the 747 I painted from a vendor who created a great passenger model, I did paint many freighters, but could not remove the windows with my magic brush. :blush:.

I think the devs are considering this...but I can't recall...hope they chime in and give us the facts.

I see. thanks!

I prefer to fly boxes instead of people. :laugh:

Juan Ramos

1 hour ago, xender said:

I see. thanks!

I prefer to fly boxes instead of people. :laugh:

As soon as I get the paint kit the first thing I'm going to try is hide the windows and start making my freighter template.  I might hand out paints on a case by case basis until they decide when/if they are going to pursue the freighter as I don't want my published work to look like crud because things don't line up right.

• Upvote 1

Brian Thibodeaux | B747-400/8, C-130 Flight Engineer, CFI, Type Rated: BE190, DC-9 (MD-80), B747-400

beta.gif   

My Liveries

USA Jet

Aeronaes TSM

N682RW Olympia Aviation (Detroit Red Wings)

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?

Spanair

Iberia = New and old would be great.

• Upvote 2

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

16 hours ago, Steve Dra said:

LOL...you and your USAir...haven't I painted enough of them for you?

I can tell you I ain't painting this MadDog until I see a paintkit (although the texture maps are pretty straightforward)...and even still I may not...I am a  retired painter after all. :laugh:

xLFFUG.jpg

And I'll have to do my own metal and other textures obviously...that will take a while..to say the least. still too up in the air (pun intended) but I threw this tail on really quick to mock up what she might look like if I decide to paint her.

And as a public service announcement to A320 owners who want any of my 21 repaints from a vendor who's been in the news recently, it would be prudent to go grab them soon. :wink:

Finally, to the simmers here that I've painted for before (due mostly on your demonstrated contributions to our community), your requests are being considered as well...you know who you are. :wink:

Hi Steve,

LOL - psst - you're "retired"...

And I did a double take on that picture...

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

7 hours ago, Goldstar Textures said:

I'll do it at some point in time :)

Yesss, thank you sooo much :)

• Upvote 1

Would love to see a CLEAN current delta livery.

Lian Li 011 Air Mini | AMD 7950X3D | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F | Arctic Cooling Liquid Freezer II 280mm RGB | 2x32GB G.Skill DDR5-6000 | ASUS TUF RTX 4090 | Seasonic Prime Platinum 1000W | Varjo Aero