Sign in to follow this  
Eziocin

PMDG 747 and FS2Crew CTD when closing the Sim

Hi Bryan,

I am loving your product for the PMDG 747, but I am having an issue which I would like to share with you. I have been experiencing for some time P3D V4.1 CTD when closing the Sim every time I use the PMDG 747. This is on a fresh Win10 Home and P3D V4.1 install and started to happen after a few flights. Every other addon aircraft is OK, it is only the 747 which is causing this problem. I have followed every indication I have found on the forums, but I was not able to fix the problem. Then I started looking at the latest addons I had installed before the problem showed up and what I have found is that if I remove FS2Crew QOTS II the problem disappears. I have no idea what can be the rationale behind this, as it happens on a very clean system and during the flight it works flawlessly, yet the simple fact is that if I install FS2Crew and load the PMDG 747 then the Sim crashes on exit. I have also FS2Crew for the T7 and the NGX and they don't have this problem.

This is the typical report I have:

Description

Faulting Application Path: C:\Prepar3D V4\Prepar3D.exe

Problem signature

Problem Event Name: BEX64

Application Name: Prepar3D.exe

Application Version: 4.1.7.22841

Application Timestamp: 59d67e95

Fault Module Name: ucrtbase.dll

Fault Module Version: 10.0.16299.214

Fault Module Timestamp: e71e5dfe

Exception Offset: 000000000006b79e

Exception Code: c0000409

Exception Data: 0000000000000007

OS Version: 10.0.16299.2.0.0.768.101

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: 8a08

Additional Information 2: 8a08f4d9b67b1d85799277666db9a645

Additional Information 3: a315

Additional Information 4: a31580dea7ba6cd4caf8a010e50c91c7

The Fault Module Name (ucrtbase.dll), according to the CTD guide on the forum, would seem to indicate a problem related to Microsoft Visual Studio C++ installation, but on my system I have all versions (both 32 and 64b) up to the latest update.

I would like your opinion on the above

Thanks and best regards

Ciao

Ezio

AMD Ryzen 7800x3d, Asus ROG Strix RTX4090, Asus x670e-e, G-Skill F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5NR

Yes and No, in the sense that I am using the HS option to redirect the FO voice to the monitor speakers, so in terms of hardware I am not using a headset but from a FS2Crew standpoint yes, I am using it.

Ezio

AMD Ryzen 7800x3d, Asus ROG Strix RTX4090, Asus x670e-e, G-Skill F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5NR

Hi Bryan,

after another removal / reinstall of FS2Crew only, now it works both with headset selected and unselected. I will keep monitoring the situation and get back to you if it starts again.

Ciao

Ezio

Bryan,

here we are again. After a few flights with no CTD on exit I started having the issue again. Removed FS2Crew and the problem disappeared, reinstalled, launched the Queen, opened FS2Crew Sec Pnl to configure, closed the Sim, no CTD. Restarted again, loaded the Queen, and this time again CTD. 

This time I have not selected any headset.

Any idea ?

Thanks

Ezio Cingolani

This is weird.....uninstalling FS2Crew fixes the issue. All flights carried out without FS2Crew installed has no CTD......Initial flight after the FS2Crew reinstallation is CTD free, but then starting from the 2nd or 3rd flight the story begins again...I could repeat these steps forever and ever...they are 100% replicable on my system.

I have also tried to remove/reinstall the 747 with no success. The system is pretty clean (Win10 Home, just for P3D and nothing else), all addons are native P3D or anyway no one imported with any tool whatsoever from FSX, and I made a fresh install of everything (OS included) a very short time ago.

This is not a showstopper for using the Queen and FS2Crew, but it is annoying as it indicates that there is something in the system not working as it should..

Ciao

Ezio 

Very strange and it's hard to explain.

Why does it only happen start from the 2nd or 3rd flights... hmmm...

Are you making any custom config changes?

During shutdown, FS2Crew saves the position of certain config setting to a cfg file in the AppData folder.

That's the only area I can think of, but it doesn't explain why it may only happen on the 3rd flight.

This is assuming it's even a factor.

Send me a support ticket.  I want to see your cfg file.

Best,

Thanks for your time. I have opened a support ticket. Please let me know which file I have to send you.

Ciao

Ezio