Sign in to follow this  
CB_Pilot

FSX:SE Home Screen Has Changed - Why?

My FSX:SE home screen has stopped displaying the Dovetail FSInsider page and I don't know why. Screen shot below shows what I now have - and I am running online with a good internet connection. I'm not aware that I changed anything other than the normal Win10 updates and driver updates. It doesn't seem to be causing any disruption but I'm REALLY curious to understand what's happened. Does anyone know please?

Thanks

2018-02-12

Best regards

Rupert

Doesn't the first sentence state, "if you were connected to the Internet right now, this page would be replaced with online content from fsxinsider.com?

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

5 hours ago, Jim Young said:

Doesn't the first sentence state, "if you were connected to the Internet right now, this page would be replaced with online content from fsxinsider.com?

It does indeed say that but, as I also said, I AM connected. I'm permanently connected via a 100 MB fibre optic service. It doesn't make sense.

4 hours ago, max99 said:

Same issue here - and I am connected to the internet.

2 hours ago, brucets said:

Same here and I am also connected.

Bruce

Well, reassuring that it's not just me. Thanks guys.

Let's hope someone knows what's causing this.

Best regards

Rupert

Tonight's WIN10 update (KB4074588 and others - 13th Feb) went smoothly and when I launched FSX:SE I got this scripting error (below). Does that explain anything to anybody? I'm still stumped - always online with fibre optic at 100MB so its definitely not that I'm offline.

2018-02-13

Best regards

Rupert

My FSX-SE home screen changed like that posted by the person who started this topic several days ago. No internet connectivity problems. Sim still runs fine.

Regards,

Scott

"...now let's get this thing on the hump - we've got some flyin' to do!" ~ Major Kong from "Dr. Stranglove"

Scott Cebula

My FSX home screen did that too. Win7 64 bit here.

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Perhaps the url for fsxinsider.com changed from that used by fsx:se.  The site is still accessible at https://fsxinsider.com but if that's a different address from the one fsx:se is looking for then what we're seeing might be the result.  FSX:SE can still connect to the internet because the real world weather download still works.

An Update:

From Dovetail Games support forum: "This is an issue that we are aware of and working on, we hope to have the home screen restored soon." Monday 19 February 2018.

Sounds promising!

Best regards

Rupert