Sign in to follow this  
CB_Pilot

FSX:SE Home Screen Has Changed - Why?

can you help , I cant seem to load the hompage up, it says I'm not connected whicj I am???

21 minutes ago, Nick12 said:

can you help , I cant seem to load the hompage up, it says I'm not connected whicj I am???

gshome.spb_fsxse_fixed.zip  download this file from the AVSIM Library and follow the instructions in the README.

It does work, sort of, for the FSX boxed version.  The FSInsider is now only  meant for FSX-SE.

FSX home.JPG

• Like 1

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

6 hours ago, charliearon said:

gshome.spb_fsxse_fixed.zip  download this file from the AVSIM Library and follow the instructions in the README.

It does work, sort of, for the FSX boxed version.  The FSInsider is now only  meant for FSX-SE.

FSX home.JPG

Yes, I am aware that there is an issue with the links to the Home Page of FSX: Steam Edition (https://fsxinsider.com/), it is also the only page available for FSX as the FSX Boxed Version is no longer supported by its developer, Microsoft. The page actually does not exist because support was sent to Dovetail Games (Steam).

In accordance to my gshome.spb fix; I didn't want to fool around with the file anymore. That is why I put together the process I used so anyone else can help themselves if the want to : ) 

In which are included the tools I used, within the zip file, which one can find in the SDK Folder within the Main FSX Folder (ie:C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX). Also, absolutely no corrupt files or programs should be inside. I do not like viruses or trojans (suuuuuck!)

and

By all means; anyone, use my files to customize your FSX experience!

Braden Bogdan

• Like 1

Thanks allot it worked, do you know about the live weather in fsx, it doesn't seem to update, can anyone help

14 minutes ago, Nick12 said:

Thanks allot it worked, do you know about the live weather in fsx, it doesn't seem to update, can anyone help

Only Jeppsen who handles the servers can help and I think they have given up the ghost.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

2 hours ago, Nick12 said:

Live weather for FSX: Steam Edition or FSX Boxed?

I think it is a different site they use for the older boxed versions(?)

Yes, Jeppesen is the provider for FSX:SE anyways...

....I will see if any more information comes along with this, but in the meantime try searching this forum to see if any others have the same issue. An internet connection for live weather is needed btw... (duh, lol!)

Braden

55 minutes ago, bbogdansk said:

Live weather for FSX: Steam Edition or FSX Boxed?

I think it is a different site they use for the older boxed versions(?)

Yes, Jeppesen is the provider for FSX:SE anyways...

....I will see if any more information comes along with this, but in the meantime try searching this forum to see if any others have the same issue. An internet connection for live weather is needed btw... (duh, lol!)

Braden

Hi Braden, I gave an internet connection but dosent seem to update, for example I put heathrow and click live weather but its snowing!!!!

kind regards nick

41 minutes ago, Nick12 said:

Hi Braden, I gave an internet connection but dosent seem to update, for example I put heathrow and click live weather but its snowing!!!!

kind regards nick

Like I said, the Live weather updated every 15 minutes has been kaput for several many months and is very doubtful if ever coming back.  You will need to look into either payware weather programs or freeware like FSRealweather.

Charlie Aron

23 hours ago, Nick12 said:

kind regards nick

Nick, what version are you running again? FSX:SE or FSX:Boxed?

Also, do you have the right date set for your flights? Maybe your flight is in January instead of June??

Braden

Anyone having this issue again??

I noticed that the update made is not working anymore.

So searching on the web I noticed the page does not exist!

Just want to know if anyone else is having this issue again. I will try to fix it again and let you all know again.

Braden

1 hour ago, bbogdansk said:

Anyone having this issue again??

I noticed that the update made is not working anymore.

So searching on the web I noticed the page does not exist!

Just want to know if anyone else is having this issue again. I will try to fix it again and let you all know again.

Braden

Yeah, this guy was wondering if you would fix it again.

Charlie Aron

20 hours ago, bbogdansk said:

Anyone having this issue again

Yes. Home page is a default search engine page on my installation.

Best regards

Rupert

Okay!!

Did it again and worked for me!

I compiled a new version of gshome.spb to use with FSX: Steam Edition.

🤗

The zip file will be available soon at the Avsim Library

***NOTE: It will say Version 2 on the new file! Wait to download gshome.spb_fsxse_fix_V2.zip otherwise you will download my last fix, which will not work!***

Same instructions. Follow readme.txt for more.

Thanks!

Braden Bogdan

Edited by bbogdansk
Note for wait

21 hours ago, bbogdansk said:

Okay!!

Did it again and worked for me!

I compiled a new version of gshome.spb to use with FSX: Steam Edition.

🤗

The zip file will be available soon at the Avsim Library

***NOTE: It will say Version 2 on the new file! Wait to download gshome.spb_fsxse_fix_V2.zip otherwise you will download my last fix, which will not work!***

Same instructions. Follow readme.txt for more.

Thanks!

Braden Bogdan

Hello again everyone!

If you want to try out my fix, the file is available in the link below. It's the first fix of version 2 gshome.spb_fsxse_fix_V2.zip. The link is below:

gshome.spb_fsxse_fix_V2.zip

Hope you like this one and please feel free to edit it, share it.......

Enjoy!

Braden

Edited by bbogdansk
Wrong file in link, fixed!