Sign in to follow this  
Seralia

PMDG 747v3 CTD P3D v4.2

I upgraded to v4.2 last night and I’m happy to report that I’m having no problems with any of my aircraft. All is working as it should.

Pablo Vazquez - Flight Attendant - Major US Airline

(P3D v4.3, PMDG 744v3, PMDG 748, PMDG 777, PMDG 737 NGX, QualityWings 787, Captain Sim 757, Aerosoft Airbus Professional and FSLabs A320x)

1hxz6d.jpg

Count me in as well as having the problems with the 747.  I can load default aircraft 1st then switch to 747 w/o any issue.  If I try 747 direct from scenario p3dv4.2 black screen and "does not respond".  I let it sit, numerous times, for over 15 min w/o it responding.  737/777 load w/o issue.

I have tried client only and client/content but have not done a full uninstall/upgrade. 

Bad news folks, no problem with B744 loading.  Did Client and Content reinstall following Elaine's guidelines.  My default aircraft is the Baron at KCDS (default) and loaded from there and also loaded from a scenario using Flightbeam KIAD.   I am also using FSUIPC 5.122a for my PFC throttle quadrant only.  Also using AS beta with no problems.

I just don't understand why I never have any problems? :smile:

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

1 hour ago, Bluestar said:

I just don't understand why I never have any problems? :smile:

I used to say the exact same thing, now look where that got me:laugh:

I can confirm that the workaround of loading a default P3D aircraft first (e.g. the Piper Cub) and then switching to the 747 works okay for me.  So this is no longer a showstopper, but just irritating.

If it helps, here are my system specs:

- Intel Core i7-7700HQ @ 2.80 GHz
- 1 TB SanDisk M.2 SSD
- 32 GB RAM
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 with 390.77 drivers
- Windows 10 Professional

Other add-ons currently present in P3Dv4:

- FSUIPC 5.123c (temporarily disabled due to reported stuttering issue, awaiting fix from Pete Dowson)
- Ultimate Traffic Live
- PMDG 737 NGX
- PMDG 777
- FlightSimLabs A320-X (currently broken awaiting imminent fix)
- Active Sky 2016 for P3Dv4
- Majestic Q400
- Captain Sim 737
- TFDI 717
- Aerosoft CRJ 700/900

All but the FSL A320-X were uninstalled prior to the 4.2 update, and then reinstalled.  The A320-X does not live in my P3Dv4 directory, so I did not think it would be necessary to uninstall it at this time.

If I can provide any additional details, I'm happy to do what I can to help you get to the bottom of this.  Thanks.

Yup, my 747 fleet is also grounded.  V4.2, updated with latest PMDG update.  Crash as soon as the sim loads at any airport, it goes thru the countdown for system initialization, and few seconds later shuts down and no error message.  Tried 5 times, same result.    737 and 777 working fine.

regards,

Michel. 

7 minutes ago, mikjet said:

Yup, my 747 fleet is also grounded.  V4.2, updated with latest PMDG update.  Crash as soon as the sim loads at any airport, it goes thru the countdown for system initialization, and few seconds later shuts down and no error message.  Tried 5 times, same result.    737 and 777 working fine.

regards,

Michel. 

Michel,

If you haven't already, please send in a support ticket. That's the only way to guarantee support from the PMDG team. 

https://support.precisionmanuals.com/Main/

29 minutes ago, mikjet said:

no error message.

No pop up error message, or no report in the crash reports?

Full names in the forum, please.

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

Hey Kyle,

so, checked the event log.   here's what I have for each occurrence.   tonight started getting P3D crash message with event log message which you'll see below:

this seem to start at the same time .net v4.0.30319 started crashing. 

Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 4.2.21.24048, time stamp: 0x5a7c832c
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.16299.248, time stamp: 0x4414ec23
Exception code: 0xc0020001
Fault offset: 0x0000000000014008
Faulting process id: 0x17a8
Faulting application start time: 0x01d3a7759cdd8b33
Faulting application path: C:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: 1cd3f18d-54f1-49aa-8d47-d30e6566febd
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

** and tonight 747 crashes with this:

Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 4.2.21.24048, time stamp: 0x5a7c832c
Faulting module name: ai_player.dll, version: 4.2.21.24048, time stamp: 0x5a7c832a
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000000004f16c
Faulting process id: 0x91c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d3a91afeda8c01
Faulting application path: C:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ai_player.dll
Report Id: 43903870-8b14-4b8c-8ede-62d836662245
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Michel Bitton

After this 747 update I’m still getting the occasional CTD, usually sometime just after takeoff. However if I start first with a default aircraft like has already been advised then all is good.

Ice Man

On ‎2‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 8:16 PM, mikjet said:

KERNELBASE

This, in our experience, usually comes up when someone has a bad overclock (overly aggressive or unstable), or something is out of whack with their OS. Lately, though, the sim itself has been throwing some oddball errors.

On ‎2‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 8:16 PM, mikjet said:

ai_player.dll

This one's all P3D.

Everything was working in their Beta versions, and in their release candidate. Something changed between their betas/candidates and the RTM that is causing this stuff.

The only thing we can suggest for now is loading a default aircraft into a flight, and then changing the aircraft to the 744.

Kyle Rodgers

50 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

This, in our experience, usually comes up when someone has a bad overclock (overly aggressive or unstable), or something is out of whack with their OS. Lately, though, the sim itself has been throwing some oddball errors.

This one's all P3D.

Everything was working in their Beta versions, and in their release candidate. Something changed between their betas/candidates and the RTM that is causing this stuff.

The only thing we can suggest for now is loading a default aircraft into a flight, and then changing the aircraft to the 744.

Thanks Kyle, will continue to do the default load first. I imagine the developers are in communication with LM through their non public channels in order to hopefully sort this out in some manner.

Eric 

I am getting the same issue, just submitted a ticket. No mention in logs of CTD, nothing. As soon as I load the Queen, it crashes when there's about 10 seconds left in the initialization.

I have the latest P3D & PMDG update.

Nader Hassan

Thanks Kyle, so, loading default plane first - loaded PMDG 747, no livery -  seems to work.  Am doing test flight, see what happens.   However, I'm still a bit puzzled, here's why:

* 747 is the only plane that is crashing the sim (same as Nader described), all other planes, PMDG and others, are working fine.

* this started with the release of 4.2 and the quick update of the 747.

** I see others have same issue, so don't feel need to submit another ticket for same thing.   Have confidence that you guys will figure it out and have a fix for this.   And if loading default aircraft does the trick in the meantime, I'll take that.

Michel Bitton