Sign in to follow this  
Seralia

PMDG 747v3 CTD P3D v4.2

50 minutes ago, mikjet said:

* 747 is the only plane that is crashing the sim (same as Nader described), all other planes, PMDG and others, are working fine.

Correlation != causation

50 minutes ago, mikjet said:

* this started with the release of 4.2 and the quick update of the 747.

Interestingly, it wasn't happening in the betas, or release candidates. It was fine. They released the RTM version and things stopped working. Our code did not change during this time.

51 minutes ago, mikjet said:

** I see others have same issue, so don't feel need to submit another ticket for same thing.   Have confidence that you guys will figure it out and have a fix for this.

This asserts that it is our problem to solve.

4.1 - Fine
4.2 Betas - Fine
4.2 RC - Fine
4.2 RTM - Errors on a handful of systems

I wouldn't exactly call that compelling evidence that it's our code with the issue...especially when none of the erroring dlls are PMDG dlls...

Kyle Rodgers

5 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

Correlation != causation

Interestingly, it wasn't happening in the betas, or release candidates. It was fine. They released the RTM version and things stopped working. Our code did not change during this time.

This asserts that it is our problem to solve.

4.1 - Fine
4.2 Betas - Fine
4.2 RC - Fine
4.2 RTM - Errors on a handful of systems

I wouldn't exactly call that compelling evidence that it's our code with the issue...especially when none of the erroring dlls are PMDG dlls...

Kyle,

I feel fairly certain the issues we are reporting is to do with the P3Dv4.2 version software and the way it's code is processing the CPU and/or Graphics instructions/memory. I initially updated just the Client and loaded the updated QOTS II (ver.3.00.8605), only for it to fail to complete the Initialisation countdown and it resulted in a CTD.  I then did a full 4.2 install and this time the QOTS initialised fully, but I noticed the countdown was not smooth, hesitating every few seconds for approx a second before continuing. I managed to get airborne but this same stuttering effect continued throughout the flight - as if the sim was running short of memory on a 32 bit machine (I have 32GB RAM and 8mb GDDR5 Graphics memory with Win10 64 Pro).

I have carried out the recommendations on LM's own Forum and I noticed a big improvement when I deleted FSUIPC.  I am reluctant to go back to version 4.1 (not recommended by LM) in spite of the fact that version 4.2 does not run anywhere near as smooth or as well as version 4.1 did.  Incidentally, I am seeing the lack of smooth running graphics with other add-on aircraft I have and not just with the QOTS.

Bertie Goddard   

One more thing I am seeing is a consistent CTD any time I try to use a program that writes to a Simconnect window in P3D v4.2 with the updated QOTS II via FSUIPC/WideFS.  If I try to run Radar Contact or PF3, as soon as I connect the program to P3D, it pauses for a few seconds, I get a blue spinning wheel on the sim, then it unceremoniously CTDs without any entries in the event viewer or FSUIPC/WideFS logs.  If I use Pro ATC/X, which goes direct via Simconnect without FSUIPC, it works, but with the other issues associated with Simconnect windows in 4.2

FWIW, if I load a default acft in P3D, start RC or PF3 via FSUIPC, get the Simconnect text window open, and then switch to the 747, it stays and works for the rest of the flight.

The NGX and the 777 are unaffected.  I have tried both FSUIPC 5.122a and 5.123e and with both versions the behavior is the same.

Regards

• Like 1

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Hi,

I think that the latest Active Sky Beta 6620 is cauding a CTD with the PMDG 747 V3. I have the latest version of the Queen. Deleted ASN and the Queen is working fine. Reinstalled ASN and i get a CTD after selecting the Queen.

any one else encoutering the same issue?

Amresh S Mishre

All that having the issue and had not opened a ticket.

Can you please confirm that it loads ok without starting ActiveSky at the beginning?

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

1 hour ago, Robert3512 said:

Well, this just put me off getting the 747 for P3D... not least because of the price.

Robert,

The 744 works fine at P3D. The issue is in some users only, and even for them there is a very easy workaround.

Chris Makris

6 hours ago, Olympic260 said:

All that having the issue and had not opened a ticket.

Can you please confirm that it loads ok without starting ActiveSky at the beginning?

Yes,

can confirm that the Queen is working fine when i don’t use ASN. Is there any workaround?

Amresh S Mishre

• Upvote 1

I can confirm that the 747 will load when you don't use ASN beta and when you do it will CTD. Can anyone who is having the problem with p3d v4.2 and PMDG 747 see if the 747 will CTD if you try to go cold and dark? Seems to crash for me when I do that even without running ASN. Thank!

If you load a default aircraft like the F-22 then switch to the PMDG 747 it does seem to work okay even with ASN and cold to dark! Hopefully they will figure it out and patch it so you don't have to do that but at least it does seem to work! Thanks!

Same problem to me ...worked fine in P3D 4.1 but updated to 4.2 and constanly crashed. Any upadte so far? thanks

On 21/02/2018 at 4:56 PM, mikjet said:

Thanks Kyle, so, loading default plane first - loaded PMDG 747, no livery -  seems to work.  Am doing test flight, see what happens.   However, I'm still a bit puzzled, here's why:

* 747 is the only plane that is crashing the sim (same as Nader described), all other planes, PMDG and others, are working fine.

* this started with the release of 4.2 and the quick update of the 747.

** I see others have same issue, so don't feel need to submit another ticket for same thing.   Have confidence that you guys will figure it out and have a fix for this.   And if loading default aircraft does the trick in the meantime, I'll take that.

Michel Bitton

+1

After a clean install of Computer/P3D/All compatibles PMDG products , 747 QOTSII is the only one who causes a CTD.
"Initialising all systems" stops at "5" Then P3D closes.

Loadings a default plane first seems to solve the issue. But we can expect better for a product of this price...

Edited by BastanC6

29 minutes ago, BastanC6 said:

+1

After a clean install of Computer/P3D/All compatibles PMDG products , 747 QOTSII is the only one who causes a CTD.
"Initialising all systems" stops at "5" Then P3D closes.

Loadings a default plane first seems to solve the issue. But we can expect better for a product of this price...

Welcome to the forums, please note that PMDG requires that users include a signature block with the user's name, first and last, in all posts in the PMDG forum.
Failure to include a signature will result in removal of the post without comment.

We strongly encourage users to set up a signature block in their AVSim user account, then you never have to worry to remember in the future!

As we have written many times we are investigating why this behavior still happens on some users.

Chris Makris

3 hours ago, BastanC6 said:

But we can expect better for a product of this price...

• P3Dv4.1: Fine
  • Beta Version of P3Dv4.2: Fine
  • Release Candidate version of P3Dv4.2: Fine
  • Release to Market version of P3Dv4.2: Stopped working

This is not all PMDG's fault. None of our code changed during between those versions.

So,

1. As Chris mentioned, sign your posts.
  2. You may want to re-visit the scientific method for determination of actual fault here. I'm not saying we're not at all part of the issue, but if our product was fine in 4.1, Beta 4.2, RC 4.2, and then suddenly broke in RTM 4.2, the actual cause is going to be found in some kind of change in P3D's code. Could we be contributing due to the fact that the 737 and 777 are fine? Could be...but this only surfaced on a code change on LM's side, so there's something to look into there, too.
  3. You could pay $5000 for a product, and if some change in the OS or environment code causes it to break, it's going to break. Ever have a program that stops because of a Windows update? I know for a fact that you do because you're complaining about the P3D version. A Win update caused P3D to tank last month...but did you flame LM about how much you paid for their product and it not working? I'm guessing that you didn't.
  • Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers