Sign in to follow this  
Seralia

PMDG 747v3 CTD P3D v4.2

18 hours ago, Ephedrin said:

I don‘t want to change the topic but there are reports about the inspector creating more issues than increasing the performance especially with p3dv4. The normal nvidia control panel is absolutely sufficient. All above for what you are using it for. 

This has likely nothing to do with this thread‘s issue and is just meant for information :)

Agree. With P3dv4, I went off inspector and with no edits to cfg too and have never looked back. The performance is awesome.. Anyways back on topic.. no more 73=47v3 load ctd despite message text being enabled.

Edited by mario340500

Mario Lobo

P3D v:4.5| Win 10 2004 x64 pro | ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E | i9-9900KS@ 5.1Ghz(OC) | Thermaltake Water Extreme 3.0 | G.SKILL F4-3200C14D-32GTRS TZ Royal (16x2)32G Kit DDR4 3200Mhz | 11GB RTX 2080 TI Asus STRIX OC| 1x Samsung 970 PRO M.2 512GB | Samsung 970 PRO 1TB | 2x Samsung 860 PRO 2TB| Tt ToughpowerXT 875W | CoolerMaster HAF X Tower

Put me in the club of CTD error when exiting P3D V4.2 only after flying the QOTSII. This even happened after a fresh Windows 10 install and vanilla P3D. Not a show stopper, but indicates something isn’t jiving between P3D and QOTSII. Not saying the problem is PMDG’s, could be coding error on Lockheed Martins part. Just hope there is dialogue between the two to troubleshoot the error.

34 minutes ago, davidzill said:

Put me in the club of CTD error when exiting P3D V4.2 only after flying the QOTSII. This even happened after a fresh Windows 10 install and vanilla P3D. Not a show stopper, but indicates something isn’t jiving between P3D and QOTSII. Not saying the problem is PMDG’s, could be coding error on Lockheed Martins part. Just hope there is dialogue between the two to troubleshoot the error.

please check in P3D settings -> Information the Miscellaneous Text options? Do you have them enable? If yes disable them.

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

4 hours ago, Olympic260 said:

please check in P3D settings -> Information the Miscellaneous Text options? Do you have them enable? If yes disable them.

All disabled. CTD error indicated 'BEX64'

Here with same problem. Removing the miscellaneous text do the trick, but I need those text msg on screen. Hope it can be fixed soon. 

Thanks.

Javier Rollon. Owner of JRollon Planes for Xplane

1 hour ago, Japo32 said:

Here with same problem. Removing the miscellaneous text do the trick, but I need those text msg on screen. Hope it can be fixed soon. 

Thanks.

please note that PMDG requires that users include a signature block with the user's name, first and last, in all posts in the PMDG forum.
Failure to include a signature will result in removal of the post without comment.

We strongly encourage users to set up a signature block in their AVSim user account, then you never have to worry to remember in the future!

This will be fixed by LM in the next P3D release.

Chris Makris

For all those of you still having the CTD issues upon loading a saved Scenario / flight with the QOTS II,  - before loading Prepar3D - go to Panel State Folder within your PMDG installation path - cut (NOT copy)  the respective *.FXML.SAV file and paste it to a temporary Location.

Then start Prepar 3D, load your saved flight, and once the Cockpit initialises, paste the *.FXML.SAV back into the Panel State Folder. You should now be able to load the saved Panel State via your FMC without a CTD.

All previously discussed solutions have not solved the issue for me, the only thing that helps is actually removing the *FXML.SAV file from the Panel State Folder until the QOTS II has fully initialised. 

Thanks,

Joerg Uebelhart

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Protyreus said:

For all those of you still having the CTD issues upon loading a saved Scenario / flight with the QOTS II,  - before loading Prepar3D - go to Panel State Folder within your PMDG installation path - cut (NOT copy)  the respective *.FXML.SAV file and paste it to a temporary Location.

Then start Prepar 3D, load your saved flight, and once the Cockpit initialises, paste the *.FXML.SAV back into the Panel State Folder. You should now be able to load the saved Panel State via your FMC without a CTD.

All previously discussed solutions have not solved the issue for me, the only thing that helps is actually removing the *FXML.SAV file from the Panel State Folder until the QOTS II has fully initialised. 

Thanks,

Joerg Uebelhart

Have you by any chance used any of the ACARS functions on the 3rd FMC before saving the flight? If yes this is your issue. Do not use anything related to ACARS for now and the save will work

Chris Makris

Interestingly for me, disabling ChasePlane auto load and then loading it separately stops the 747 from crashing at the 4/5 second mark of initialization.

Not sure if it's indicative of anything in particular, but reaching out to those guys could help?

Cheers!

Rahul Parkar

3 minutes ago, Idiot211 said:

Not sure if it's indicative of anything in particular, but reaching out to those guys could help?

Might, but I'm not sure anyone will do too much. LM has already confirmed the issues on their end - no need for either us, or them to make adjustments in our code when the next update to P3D will fix the issue.

Kyle Rodgers

Ahh fair enough,

Didn't realise they'd already accepted it's on them. Just waiting to be able to fly the bird again properly now :)

Cheers!
Rahul Parkar

Thanks a lot Chris, indeed I had the ACARS open in the third FMC, switching back to the standard Menu page before saving the flight solved the issue of CTD when loading the scenario - many thanks for the hint.

Add me to the list CTD every time I load. Have to load with the F22 first. Only happend since updating to lasted P3D4.2

James Littler

On 3/27/2018 at 10:13 AM, Olympic260 said:

All of you that you experience the crash issue.

Can you please check in P3D settings -> Information the Miscellaneous Text options? Do you have them enable? If yes can you disable them all and check if you are still get the crash?

For me it stopped crashing after I disabled this but now none of my knobs move. The aircraft is unusable. Any fix for that?
Thanks!

Teofilo Homsany

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

5 hours ago, teofilo said:

For me it stopped crashing after I disabled this but now none of my knobs move. The aircraft is unusable. Any fix for that?
Thanks!

That has nothing to do with the texts you disabled. If you use an 3rd party camera add-on programs, make sure that your viewpoint is not inside the headrest.

Chris Makris