Sign in to follow this  
Seralia

PMDG 747v3 CTD P3D v4.2

4 hours ago, Olympic260 said:

That has nothing to do with the texts you disabled. If you use an 3rd party camera add-on programs, make sure that your viewpoint is not inside the headrest.

I solved it yesterday, seems when I removed the text disabled and reset the p3d config file thet sim was going into pause without me noticing it. 

After that it all worked perfectly now doing my first 9hr flight and all good for now after 7hr airborne..

Regards,
Teo

Teofilo Homsany

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

On 3/27/2018 at 5:13 PM, Olympic260 said:

All of you that you experience the crash issue.

Can you please check in P3D settings -> Information the Miscellaneous Text options? Do you have them enable? If yes can you disable them all and check if you are still get the crash?

Any idea why message text keeps getting enabled under miscellaneous text when disabling it? 

Benjamin Hennes

Ryzen 7 7800X3D|2080Ti 11GB|32GB DDR5 RAM|1TB SSD|Windows 11 Home

49 minutes ago, Bønny96 said:

Any idea why message text keeps getting enabled under miscellaneous text when disabling it? 

I think this is default behavior. This should not cause the CTD though

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

Hi,
Having a similar problem here with a newly purchased B747QOSII V3.
I get CTD when launching in normal conditions, despite I have no problems with any of the other paid for add-ons Milvix B55, PMDG B737 (base package only) and B777 (both variants 200 and 300), FSLabs A320x and/or Dino Cattaneo's S-211/M-345
The CTD happens during the "Initializing All Systems" .... it doesn't get past 15 (secs remaining).
If I launch the default LM Beech Baron 58 first and/or uncheck "Options/Information/Miscellaneous Text/User Tips", no problems.
If I select "Options/Information/Miscellaneous Text/User Tips", after launching with above method, I get CTD soon afterwards.

Quite annoying thing ......
Thanks for any input.
Cheers
Nic

PS ... my PC running on Win10Pro x64 and i7-8700K, 16GB RAM, GTX1080Ti, SSD hard drive

20 minutes ago, Nicola Cammisa said:

Hi,
Having a similar problem here with a newly purchased B747QOSII V3.
I get CTD when launching in normal conditions, despite I have no problems with any of the other paid for add-ons Milvix B55, PMDG B737 (base package only) and B777 (both variants 200 and 300), FSLabs A320x and/or Dino Cattaneo's S-211/M-345
The CTD happens during the "Initializing All Systems" .... it doesn't get past 15 (secs remaining).
If I launch the default LM Beech Baron 58 first and/or uncheck "Options/Information/Miscellaneous Text/User Tips", no problems.
If I select "Options/Information/Miscellaneous Text/User Tips", after launching with above method, I get CTD soon afterwards.

Quite annoying thing ......
Thanks for any input.
Cheers
Nic

PS ... my PC running on Win10Pro x64 and i7-8700K, 16GB RAM, GTX1080Ti, SSD hard drive

Do not enable any of the text options in P3D. This is a known issue with P3Dv4.2 which is fixed in the next P3Dv4 version.

Chris Makris

10 minutes ago, Olympic260 said:

Do not enable any of the text options in P3D. This is a known issue with P3Dv4.2 which is fixed in the next P3Dv4 version.

Thanks. But, I have not had problems with all text enabled since upgrading to P3D4.2 until installing PMDG B747 yesterday. And with the B747 I only get the CTD when I checked User Tips. If I uncheck that only, while keeping all the other text options checked, I have no problem. 

6 minutes ago, Nicola Cammisa said:

Thanks. But, I have not had problems with all text enabled since upgrading to P3D4.2 until installing PMDG B747 yesterday. And with the B747 I only get the CTD when I checked User Tips. If I uncheck that only, while keeping all the other text options checked, I have no problem. 

Again P3D problem. It was working in P3Dv4.2 Beta, it was working on the P3Dv4.2 release candidate. Stopped working on P3Dv4.2 release version. Besides the emergency update we did there is nothing else we can do from our side. Until the next release of P3Dv4 comes out the only workaround is to disable the text messages.

Chris Makris