Sign in to follow this  
Seralia

PMDG 747v3 CTD P3D v4.2

I just reinstalled (Feb 27th) P3d V4.2, the latest ver. of the 747 and active sky on a new puter* build with no issues.

Actually. a new mobo and processor but using OS and drives from my previous build -Win7.

programs.png

Edited by FunknNasty

Any update on this topic ? I am having the exact same CTD with the 747 as soon as I connect rada contact. Have tried without ASN, with same problem.

Only happening with the 747, 777 and FsLabs A320 are working fine.

Regards

Asad

Same problem here, CTD after loading the 747 in P3D V4.2 after +/- 5 seconds of "Initialising all systems".

Edited by Matthijs

If you experiencing issues with RC and FSUIPC with the 744 then it would be better to inform the developers of that programs as well. For now the only workaround is to load the F22 first at the airport as it has been stated.

We are still investigating but up to now we haven't be able to reproduce the issue in house

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

2 hours ago, Olympic260 said:

we haven't be able to reproduce the issue in house

Now that's odd.....

Eric 

5 minutes ago, B777ER said:

Now that's odd.....

Why this is odd? This issue seems to affect only a small % of our users, same was the case with the win10 Upgrades back in October, some of the users were affected and not all of them.

We know there is an issue apprantly somewhere and we keep investigating

Chris Makris

11 minutes ago, Olympic260 said:

Why this is odd? This issue seems to affect only a small % of our users, same was the case with the win10 Upgrades back in October, some of the users were affected and not all of them.

We know there is an issue apprantly somewhere and we keep investigating

It tells me there must be a common denominator on the end user's computers which is triggering it. A denominator that your test machines apparently don't have, hence it not being reproducable from your end. It could even be a combination of things, that when loading with the 747 cause the CTD. For instance, I have LINDA which is loading it's profiles at the same time as your software is doing it's initialization with the PMDG 747 module loading it's profile. I also have Activesky and I know some think that it's that. I also use fsuipc (latest version). So anyone of those might be the root cause.

Eric 

2 hours ago, B777ER said:

It tells me there must be a common denominator on the end user's computers which is triggering it. A denominator that your test machines apparently don't have, hence it not being reproducable from your end. It could even be a combination of things, that when loading with the 747 cause the CTD. For instance, I have LINDA which is loading it's profiles at the same time as your software is doing it's initialization with the PMDG 747 module loading it's profile. I also have Activesky and I know some think that it's that. I also use fsuipc (latest version). So anyone of those might be the root cause.

Eric, We have looked on the cases reported to us by ticket and there was no common thinks, some users reported that worked ok without loading AS others kept crashing. Some said that not loading LINDA works ok, but on the other hand not all use LINDA and still crashing. As I wrote we keep investigating this and working with LM trying to identify the Root Cause.

Edited by Olympic260

Chris Makris

Thanks Chris, I'm sure you'll get to the bottom of it. Don't envy you though as I'm sure it's like looking for a specific grain of sand on a beach! 

Eric 

Hello,

Having the same problem here, CTD when loading the 747 QOTSII (first install)

Here the Windows Event Log error (french) :

Nom de l’application défaillante Prepar3D.exe, version : 4.2.21.24048, horodatage : 0x5a7c832c
Nom du module défaillant : KERNELBASE.dll, version : 10.0.16299.248, horodatage : 0x4414ec23
Code d’exception : 0xc000041d
Décalage d’erreur : 0x0000000000014008
ID du processus défaillant : 0x1ff8
Heure de début de l’application défaillante : 0x01d3b93a1a3ca9a1
Chemin d’accès de l’application défaillante : I:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.exe
Chemin d’accès du module défaillant: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
ID de rapport : c84376c6-c2b6-4ecc-a573-c484843dd6b1

Likewise for me - 

Ive just done a full refresh, so new Windows 10 Pro, New install of P3DV4.2 and install of scenery(orbx, uk2000, GSX, FSDT, FB), activesky, Linda, Chaseplane etc

Selecting the 747 at start menu ,It loads up the sim and aircraft - and all looks like it fine,cockpit displays etc, then seconds later crashes to desktop, with no error.

Ive tried not running ASCA, Chaseplane first, but same issue.

All other aircraft, including the 737,777 and FSLABS A320 work fine.

3 minutes ago, JC75 said:

Likewise for me - 

Ive just done a full refresh, so new Windows 10 Pro, New install of P3DV4.2 and install of scenery(orbx, uk2000, GSX, FSDT, FB), activesky, Linda, Chaseplane etc

Selecting the 747 at start menu ,It loads up the sim and aircraft - and all looks like it fine,cockpit displays etc, then seconds later crashes to desktop, with no error.

Ive tried not running ASCA, Chaseplane first, but same issue.

All other aircraft, including the 737,777 and FSLABS A320 work fine.

There was some reports that LINDA was causing the crash as well, disabling it worked OK

Chris Makris

I was having the same crash with the 747 in my P3Dv4.2. It was not happening with my 777 or 737. What I did, I uninstalled all my add-on airports (FlyTampa, FSDreamTeam, FlightBeam Studios, LatinVFR, etx). Ran my P3Dv4.2 and selected my 747 then started my flight at the default KMIA airport. Waited until initialization finished and had no problem whatsoever. I did a quick flight around the airport and landed with no problem. So I realized, in my case, that one of my airports is what was causing my crash. I then installed each one of the airports one at a time to see which one was causing the problem and tested the 747 with each install. It took me two days to install all one of them and at the end, I found no problem with my 747. I am also running Ultimate Traffic Live (UTL) and Active Sky for P3Dv4 and I never uninstalled them. I have not has any more problems since.  Also, my frames have improved. I am averaging 30-40 at FSDreamTeam KCLT with rain and dinamic lighting on. 

I guess, in my case, the problem was with one of the airports but I don't know which one. I am not saying that it is the problem with other PMDG 747 users but for me, that was the case. 

Pablo Vazquez

Edited by Pablo Vazquez

Pablo Vazquez - Flight Attendant - Major US Airline

(P3D v4.3, PMDG 744v3, PMDG 748, PMDG 777, PMDG 737 NGX, QualityWings 787, Captain Sim 757, Aerosoft Airbus Professional and FSLabs A320x)

1hxz6d.jpg

Can I add my name to the list that has p3d4. 2 ctd.  

Judging by the date there has not been any fixes. 

6 hours ago, jonathangriffiths said:

Judging by the date there has not been any fixes. 

This is pretty random.  Are you contributing information here that someone can use or is this just an editorial comment.  There is no information here that is of any value in my opinion.  There are fixes for problems, but first one must define the problem.

Dan Downs KCRP