Sign in to follow this  
drdickie

P3D 4.2 and 747 loading problem

I have installed P3D 4.2 but the 747 will not load from the startup screen.  The sim seems to start and load as usual but then the screen goes black (no sound).  After a few moments I get either the "P3D has stopped working" message or the computer simply reverts to the desktop.  The 737 and 777 load and fly normally.  If I load a default aircraft, then switch to the 747 after the sim is running, it loads correctly and flies normally.

Are hints to what is happening here?

Thanks.

Dick Parker in Northeast Ohio USA

Windows 10 64-bit | Nvidia GTX 1080 | ORBX | P3D 4.4.16.27077

So far, the only reports we've gotten have had crash reports with P3D.dlls in them, which isn't our code. All of them seem to have the 744 as the common factor, but there seems to be something else at play here.

Kyle Rodgers

The default flight is KCLE 24R, as it is with the 737 and 777.  Not sure what you mean by what is spinning in the window.  The startup seems 100% normal to me but the 747 will not load.  I have no other apps loaded, just P3D and the PMDG aircraft.

My name is clearly stated in the signature line as it has been for several years.

Thanks.

Dick Parker in Northeast Ohio USA

Windows 10 64-bit | Nvidia GTX 1080 | ORBX | P3D 4.4.16.27077

9 hours ago, drdickie said:

The default flight is KCLE 24R, as it is with the 737 and 777.  Not sure what you mean by what is spinning in the window.  The startup seems 100% normal to me but the 747 will not load.  I have no other apps loaded, just P3D and the PMDG aircraft.

My name is clearly stated in the signature line as it has been for several years.

Thanks.

What do you mean the default flight is KCLE 24R, as it is with the 737 and 777.? P3D should always start at the select scenario screen with the default F22 showing. If you load in an airport with a complex addon or something similar then issues will happen.

• Upvote 1

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

Hi Folks,

I got this problem too. 737 and 777 is fine, but 747 gets Prepar3D V4.2 to crash. But changing to 747 from any other airplane, with prepar3d already loaded, is fine.

That's the only issue for now.

Raphael Dias

10 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

So far, the only reports we've gotten have had crash reports with P3D.dlls in them, which isn't our code. All of them seem to have the 744 as the common factor, but there seems to be something else at play here.

Interesting, all of them seem to have a single product of yours as a common factor but somehow something else is at play here...

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Bardia said:

Interesting, all of them seem to have a single product of yours as a common factor but somehow something else is at play here...

Could be FSUIPC, just saying.

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

6 minutes ago, Bardia said:

Real names in the forum please.

For now there are only a few reports of that only here in the forums. As I wrote in another thread is not reproducable here currently. Please see below answer on hte other thread

just finished upgrading with the following way

Before uninstalling saved my graphics settings.

1) Uninstall client installed new client

2) Uninstall content, installed content

3) Deleted everything in the shader folder and prepar3d.cfg

4) Started once the Sim. Close it as soon as it started in the select scenario screen

5) Started the sim once more reloaded my settings closed it

6) Loaded it again selected the 744 and loaded ok.

Other team members has also done a full uninistall/reinstall and no issues at all.

There is a thread indicating possible FSUIPC issues. Try without FSUIPC to see if it works

• Upvote 1

Chris Makris

3 minutes ago, Johnny19 said:

Could be FSUIPC, just saying.

Could be anything - could be the sheer bad luck of all these people. But when a few people come up with an issue pertaining an identical add-on, the most probable culprit is the add-on in question not something else. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Bardia said:

Could be anything - could be the sheer bad luck of all these people. But when a few people come up with an issue pertaining an identical add-on, the most probable culprit is the add-on in question not something else. 

I agree a 1000% with you. But some folks will not let you get away with this statement easily. Unfortunately.

• Upvote 1

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

I report that I also have this problem. I have done Client only upgrade to v4.2 according to LM instructions (deleted prepar3d.cfg and shaders after).

If I load the 747 from the scenario screen after loading of the sim is complete, I still have a fully black screen (nothing displays, no sound). The sim seems to have crashed without an error.

If I load the default F-22, let it load normally and then select the 747 from the menu bar, it loads normally.

If I load the 777 from the scenario screen it loads normally. 

I do not have FSUIPC installed.

Hope this helps track down the issue. To me it seems to be with the 747.

• Upvote 1

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

6 minutes ago, Johnny19 said:

I agree a 1000% with you. But some folks will not let you get away with this statement easily. Unfortunately.

3 minutes ago, Daedalus said:

I report that I also have this problem. I have done Client only upgrade to v4.2 according to LM instructions (deleted prepar3d.cfg and shaders after).

If I load the 747 from the scenario screen after loading of the sim is complete, I still have a fully black screen (nothing displays, no sound). The sim seems to have crashed without an error.

If I load the default F-22, let it load normally and then select the 747 from the menu bar, it loads normally.

If I load the 777 from the scenario screen it loads normally. 

I do not have FSUIPC installed.

Hope this helps track down the issue. To me it seems to be with the 747.

See, peeps are having this issue even without FSUIPC. But it shouldn't matter too much to PMDG, it's probably something ELSE, a faulty PSU they'd argue maybe. But no, no way it's the infallible 747.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Bardia said:

See, peeps are having this issue even without FSUIPC. But it shouldn't matter too much to PMDG, it's probably something ELSE, a faulty PSU they'd argue maybe. But no, no way it's the infallible 747.

For the last time. Please sign your posts with your real name as per forum rules or your posts WILL be deleted.

As I wrote we haven;t see it happening internally yet.

Chris Makris

7 minutes ago, Olympic260 said:

As I wrote we haven;t see it happening internally yet.

Hello Chris. Have the internal team tried with a client-only update? I ask because you also did a Content update. Could this be important for the 747? 

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link