Sign in to follow this  
drdickie

P3D 4.2 and 747 loading problem

18 minutes ago, Daedalus said:

Hello Chris. Have the internal team tried with a client-only update? I ask because you also did a Content update. Could this be important for the 747? 

No we have done only full uninstall/reinstall or content and client

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

1 hour ago, Olympic260 said:

No we have done only full uninstall/reinstall or content and client

Ok, I updated the content too and still crash upon loading. Can you confirm that in your systems the 747 loads correctly after being selected on the scenario screen? 

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

Just now, Daedalus said:

Ok, I updated the content too and still crash upon loading. Can you confirm that in your systems the 747 loads correctly after being selected on the scenario screen? 

Yes loads fine without any issues. For now load the F22 first and then switch to the 744. This seems to work.

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

Just now, Olympic260 said:

Yes loads fine without any issues. For now load the F22 first and then switch to the 744. This seems to work.

Thank you Chris. I will consider a full v4.2 reinstall. 

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |

Getting the same problem, on a Client/Content reinstall to 4.2.  Just thought you'd like to know.  For now, I'll do what Kyle suggested.

5 hours ago, Olympic260 said:

What do you mean the default flight is KCLE 24R, as it is with the 737 and 777.? P3D should always start at the select scenario screen with the default F22 showing. If you load in an airport with a complex addon or something similar then issues will happen.

Sorry, the default flight is the F22 at KCLE.

Dick Parker in Northeast Ohio USA

Windows 10 64-bit | Nvidia GTX 1080 | ORBX | P3D 4.4.16.27077

Same problem after updating Prepar3dv4.2

PMDG 747 will not install, screen goes dark and that's it. PMDG 737 ngx has no problems what so ever.

I tried deleting and re-generating the config file, it will do the trick but few times after that it will crash again. Tried uninstalling controllers and reinstalling afterwards..no success..

I have No FSUIPC, not external third party shaders, just native P3DV2. I followed proper installation of the V2 version, Delete / install of three app files, client, content and scenery.

P3d works fine as stand alone software. Only Aircraft addons are the PMDG 737ngx and 747. 

Windows 10 64b latest update.

Intel i4790K 4Ghz

16 gb ram

1TB SSD

GTX-980

RIG full dedicated to Flight simulation, no other programs installed... 

Appreciate your support..Thanks

Ron Pereira

Hi there all,

Same problem here - 747 loading causes a crash.  All loading set-ups are default.  If I start the scenario with the default fighter jet, and then wait of the scenario to load and change to the PMDG 747, all good.

I have tried this with and without FSUIPC in the modules folder.

Cheers,

same upon loading, black screen followed by ctd.  nothing in event viewer.  able to load 744 by first loading some other plane.  

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

Having similar problem, can't load PMDG 747 from scenario screen, P3D will just show black screen then close, nothing in event log.

I have updated all 3 components to V4.2 and I do not have FSUIPC installed.

I can load the piper cub then switch to PMDG 747 and everything works just fine, also have no problems loading either the 737 or 777.

I should add I followed instructions for uninstall/reinstall to a tee.

Uninstalled Client, reinstalled Client.  Then same for content, then scenery.

Deleted shaders and CFG.

Just putting this out there. I just upgraded to 4.2 and loaded a saved flight. Anyway, the first startup of 4.2 and the 747 took a really long time, I thought it was hung up too, but I just let it go. Then eventually, she popped up. It took about 4x's as long as a normal start of the sim ( about 3mins, maybe). No problems so far.

David Warner

BetaTeamB.png

For your information, I did a clean Prepar3D v4.2 install but the problem persists. So the update method should not play a role on the problem.