Sign in to follow this  
drdickie

P3D 4.2 and 747 loading problem

Read some place that PMDG is working on a fix for this issue and should come out shortly.

Yesterday evening btw, I managed to get the 747 up and running and did a full short hop with no issues. 

I loaded up the maule aircraft after a clean P3d start and then after than I loaded the default PMDG 747 (as I deleted for now all the downloaded library..) and walla she came up alive and I did a full short hop also with no issues. 

Today..still not trusting the previous good news I once again used same above method to see if it was only a one event magic..and it worked again, PMDG 747 default loaded perfectly. 

AND..to complete the test..I loaded P3D and loaded the PMDG 747 default at the opening screen, aircraft showed up spining around, PRD status bar started to load up to the "complete" level and then...black out again..forcing P3D to close.

So it is pretty evident that there is a flaw in the PMDG 747 during the load process, and they should be fixing it.

Two recommendations then

1- Load the maule and then the 747

2 DONT Mess with anything else thinking is anything else because you will scree everything else....

Hope this helps...

I

Looks like this is a widespread problem, I came here looking to see if anyone else is having the same problem and of course this thread is right at the top of the list!

As stated, there is a workaround, which is to load the default F-22 first and then load the PMDG 747.  I'm okay with that until PMDG/Lockheed Martin can get this sorted...4.2 was just released so let's give them some time.

Add me to the list. This is with a full reinstall of Windows 10 and P3dv4.2. Loading the Piper Cub first then the PMDG 747 works for me.

fly safe

Francisco Blas
Windows11 Pro ASUS Hero Z790 | Intel i9-13900K | G.SKILL 32GB DDR5 | ASUS STRIX 4090 | WD 4TB SN850X NVMe | ASUS Ryujin II AIO 360mm | Corsair AX1600i | Lian Li 011D EVO | DELL Alienware 38 G-SYNC

After reading about this issue and having already updated the P3D client, I decided to go for all or nothing and load a saved scenario with the 747 (parked at Hilo). I have my P3D starting up with a default scenario using the extra but I didn't load it before loading the 747. And I did experience the black screen. No sound, no response. But after a few seconds I noticed the p3d menu was still active. And then everything returned and the 747 virtual cockpit was back. And smoother than ever. I'm in the middle of a flight now and no more issues so far. On the contrary, I'd been using oculus rift with the 747 for taxi, takeoff and approach and landing and it wasn't a fluid experience (to put it mildly), specially given I am using a bellow specs video card. But I endured due to the spectacularity of the experience. But if this first flight is any indication, P3D and the 747 in virtual reality is now smoother than ever!

Edit:

I did notice this small issue: using single pass stereo view, the logo light was visible only through the left eye. The right eye displayed the logo light only from certain positions. This issue wasn't limited to PMDG 747, I also saw this happen to an AI taxi light. 

Rui Laureano

Lisboa, Portugal

Hi all, I'm experiencing the same horrible issue dispite pmdg 747 updated. There's no way to make the sim work. It's not normal to start the sim from a default aircraft and then change it. 

Best

Saverio

Saverio Mangione

41 minutes ago, Arthur Alves de Medeiros said:

I get a CTD. 

What is shown in the crash report?

Kyle Rodgers

Same here..Frustrating to say the least...

In my case, PMDG 747 loads now perfectly after the latest 747 update by PMDG (this was an issue also before the update..), but now at any given moment the hole monitor screen goes black and I can still here the aircraft sound in the background and If I move the mouse around it can sense button areas because of the hand shape change of the mouse...however the only way out is having to Re-boot...

PMDG 737NGX runs with no issues what so ever. So it is all focused on the 747.

I deactivated and did full re install of this aircraft and the same issue remains. This event can randomly happen early during setup or midway into a flight, no matter. Difficult to pinpoint if it relates to changes in views or specific areas where if clicked could cause the screen to go dark.

I cant pinpoint the possible cause by using process monitor but...since there is no choice to recover from the black screen to a windows screen in order to assess the potential problem.. my only way out like I said is to reboot !! Reports or event viewer does not show anything related to P3D...

Win10 64 / I4770/16GB/1Tb SSD/GTX980/ Only P3dv4.2/AS/ASCA/UTlive/PMDG/ORBX several packages/Currently default shaders/Rex4HD

If any one have gone thru this and has been able to sort this issue out, please let me know.. Thks

Ron Pereira

30 minutes ago, ronpereir said:

I deactivated and did full re install of this aircraft and the same issue remains.

Please do not do this unless we instruct you to, especially the license return. That was entirely unnecessary, and using that as a troubleshooting step often enough will get the license cut off for suspicious activity (which you can submit a ticket for to have us look into and help you, but it delays you using the aircraft unnecessarily).

31 minutes ago, ronpereir said:

however the only way out is having to Re-boot...

If this is the case, there's something else at play here. Our plane can't lock your system up that badly.

Overclock? Using PTA/Shade? Did you update the sim via the steps provided by LM?

Kyle Rodgers

No Over Clock, no PTA/Shades. P3d V4.2 done strictly in accordance to LM steps. Again, this is the only instance I have where this event is happening.

P3D as well as the few ad dons I have installed mentioned in my previous post are running with absolutely no issues. That includes PMDG 737NGX.

Thanks, Ron

35 minutes ago, ronpereir said:

No Over Clock, no PTA/Shades. P3d V4.2 done strictly in accordance to LM steps. Again, this is the only instance I have where this event is happening.

P3D as well as the few ad dons I have installed mentioned in my previous post are running with absolutely no issues. That includes PMDG 737NGX.

Thanks, Ron

Submit a ticket, then, please.

Kyle Rodgers

I have issue with 747 as well....P3D after loading just crashes....(after loading scenery, etc), after update I was able to "see" 747 and after init systems on - 6 stopped and P3D closes. This is after the latest update.....777 loads and NGX as well normally...

Virtual Air Canada - Alex Luzajic

5 minutes ago, cyyzrwy24 said:

I have issue with 747 as well....P3D after loading just crashes....(after loading scenery, etc), after update I was able to "see" 747 and after init systems on - 6 stopped and P3D closes. This is after the latest update.....777 loads and NGX as well normally...

Just to confirm....INIT ALL SYSTEM, once hit down to 6, P3D shuts down, tried one more time just to see...if that can help.....Whatever that might be....

BTW Event viewer shows nothing....

59 minutes ago, cyyzrwy24 said:

Exact same thing still happening to me. Updated via the OC this morning (confirmed on v 8605), load it up and the panel, scenery, etc... loads. At the 6 or 7 second mark of the systems initializing, CTD. I had to go back to loading default aircraft and then switch and it works. I don't use FSCrew either. Have fsuipc 5.122 loaded. I only use Remote CDU and LINDA, neither of which mess with the panel.cfg.

Eric 

I don't have intention using default plane for now with PMDG....as far as I can see they are well aware of the issues so I guess I should be patient...If they do not solve in few days will create the ticket and go from there. Last issue I had with them they were very quick and professional. I hopped that last update would help but unfortunately didn't, so I left my 747 in EU....have to use other to fly....

After 4.2 update everything works nice and improved, at least with my SIM, so no panic....