Sign in to follow this  
flyalways

v4.2 why do I get black screen for 30 seconds?

I did clean install windows and download latest nvidia drivers and  fresh copy of v4.2 .

but the only thing I see is a black screen for 30 seconds then it runs perfectly normal.  

My delay is about 15-20 seconds but that may be a system-related difference.

43 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

My delay is about 15-20 seconds but that may be a system-related difference.

Ok, I did change some system settings and it took about 15 seconds now.

If you are running Windows you can open Task Manager, go to the Performance tab, then on the bottom select Open Resource Monitor.  Then start P3D.  If you know what to look for (how to use it) it will show you what is happening while your screen is black before you see the P3D logo.  Jay's 15 seconds is about what I get now too, and I have a high-end system.  Nothing "bad" is happening.  It's just the way P3D starts depending on your own computer setup.

Rick Ryan

Guys  the black screen is the shaders  initializing,  they will get shorter  and shorter or disappear altogether   as you  do more flights

7 hours ago, 238932 said:

Guys  the black screen is the shaders  initializing,  they will get shorter  and shorter or disappear altogether   as you  do more flights

This is probably the majority of the delay but it is clearly longer now than it used to be with v4.1. I’m familiar with shaders delays as I frequently delete the shaders folder when I change or update things involving scenery

Joe

Joe (Southern California)

SystemI9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 4K w/ Native 30 hz capability  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, AIG AI, MCE, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, HP Reverb G2

Is this a black screen upon loading a scenario? I have the same for around 10 seconds. I asked Lockheed and they said it could be shaders loading. I just didn't notice this with any previous version so assumed it was an issue. 

I wondered this too but makes sense.

Are we really complaining about 20 seconds....lol

• Upvote 1

Jason Weaver - WestWind Airlines; FlyUK Airlines; VirtualUnited.org

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

1 minute ago, jason99vmi said:

I wondered this too but makes sense.

Are we really complaining about 20 seconds....lol

I thought the same when bringing it up lol.... I guess if we notice something different after changing a version we are thinking "what's broke?" 

I noticed it too and was worried that I messed up something, but if it's the new "normal" then at least I can relax and have another sip of coffee while it loads. :D