Sign in to follow this  
wyman_hd

SODE Jetways not working

I go to the GSX menu and I click "Operate Jetway" at FSDT's KIAH (Houston).

But, it says, SODE uunavaliable, Jetways will not animate.

I click Test DLL connection and:

SODE JETWAY CONTROL SYSTEM is up and running (N=0)!

I'm running SODE 1.5.3 and Virtuali says to update SODE.

But this is the newest version of SODE and i'm running the newest version of GSX.

When I go to the SODE menu it says:

No triggerable objects found in 6.5 nm / 12km...

I see this at EVERY airport.

So, whats the prob?

I'm also having this problem at lots of add-on airports. It's really annoying. I don't see the benefits of SODE jetways either. The "ctrl+J" method has always served me well in all my time flight simming. The phrase "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" is lost on many developers.

• Upvote 1

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

2 minutes ago, nealmac said:

The "ctrl+J" method has always served me well in all my time flight simming. The phrase "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" is lost on many developers.

Completely agree.  This SODE thing is over-hyped and of very little value at the end of the day.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, ErichB said:

Completely agree.  This SODE thing is over-hyped and of very little value at the end of the day.

Exactly, Erich. I mean if they added something worthwhile to the simming experience, I could understand that they would be worth persevering with to get them working correctly. But I honestly can't see what their benefit is :laugh:

• Like 1

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

For me as cargo flyer even less...

but still you can animate hangar doors or windsocks with SODE

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

Works perfectly since 1.4 release. More stability and options with 1.5

42 minutes ago, Cargostorm said:

but still you can animate windsocks with SODE

Does this mean that windsocks will align with prevailing surface wind, or will they just flap around randomly.

29 minutes ago, G-YMML1 said:

Works perfectly since 1.4 release. More stability and options with 1.5

The problem is not in SODE. The problem is with add-on developers who don't use SODE jetways or don't script SODE jetways properly.

Edited by Dirk98

7 hours ago, Aaron Kim said:

I go to the GSX menu and I click "Operate Jetway" at FSDT's KIAH (Houston).

But, it says, SODE uunavaliable, Jetways will not animate.

I click Test DLL connection and:

SODE JETWAY CONTROL SYSTEM is up and running (N=0)!

I'm running SODE 1.5.3 and Virtuali says to update SODE.

But this is the newest version of SODE and i'm running the newest version of GSX.

When I go to the SODE menu it says:

No triggerable objects found in 6.5 nm / 12km...

I see this at EVERY airport.

So, whats the prob?

Have you installed the latest installer for KIAH? Do you have the latest gsx and ran the update? Are you running p3d as admin?

1 hour ago, nealmac said:

I'm also having this problem at lots of add-on airports. It's really annoying. I don't see the benefits of SODE jetways either. The "ctrl+J" method has always served me well in all my time flight simming. The phrase "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" is lost on many developers.

sode is more than jetways it's animations of surrounding scenery and plus you can get dual Jetways at a stand using sode. default jetways are very limited in range and animations. sode is the future.

20 minutes ago, Dirk98 said:

The problem is not in SODE. The problem is with add-on developers who don't use SODE jetways or don't script SODE jetways properly.

They are minority. FSDT, FB, T2G (Man, I love those LFPG double-jetways) work like a charm. Yes, LIRF, LIMC has problems. 

1 hour ago, ErichB said:

Totally agree its best name would be if they chopped the "E" of the end.:cool:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

42 minutes ago, Boeing or not going said:

sode is the future.

Of what?

2 minutes ago, ErichB said:

Of what?

Giving scenery developers tools to make good looking scenery at little performance impact. Vas not important today as it used to be but performance is still important. It can also do animations like hangers opening, approach lights, double jetways and much more.

6 minutes ago, ErichB said:

Of what?

It's a unified tool for scenery animation developers, is it not clear?

It's up to add-on developers to use it.

Edited by Dirk98