Sign in to follow this  
arwasairl

SODE Jetways not working

Hi there all .... I know that this is an old post but, i just wanted to point something
VERY important out, for almost ALL the "sode compatible airports". (wichever you have installed)

I noticed that MANY developers, are making the same mistake, over and over again
in MANY sode airports (maybe rushing TOO quickly to finish their code or somethin....) 🤔
As we all already know, every s.o.d.e. airport has some XML files.. right ?... now here is the trick !!

1) open up your XML file from your s.o.d.e. airport as "word pad"
2) ok, now scroll down to the bottom to very last word from the code, or if it's a symbol, something like this (<>)
it's the same thing (doesn't matter)...
3) left click 1 time after the last symbol or word (on the right side of it) so that you can type anything you want, after it.
4) Hit 1 time ENTER on your keyboard, so that your mouse coursor starts blinking under the very last word.

Close the XML file and save the changes .............. Done !! 😉
(There must be ALWAYS a blank line, under the XML code, or under the last word in the XML file...
well, at least this is how it worked for me !)

... I am not a programer, ok ?... but my thought goes like, if this blank line
is not added to the XML, this xml file can NOT complete the cycle of the "code command".
Well, maybe i'm wrong ...maybe i'm right as i explained it, i don't know ...But it worked.
...and i think that THIS is the way always, an xml file should be done, wether it is in a game, or a program,
in a simulator, in an application, in add-ons ..... and so on, and so on ....

Dimitris.

So I have a couple of comments and questions regarding this topic.

I almost exclusively fly the PMDG 737. I've flown the NG the NGX and now the NGXu. I am currently on P3D 4.5 hotfix2 and have both NGX and the NGXu installed. I've noticed that when using the NGX that, when parked at a SODE jetway, the SODE menu always recognizes which gate/stand I'm at and I can dock the jetway with the menu selection. With the NGXu at the same gate/stand, the SODE menu never recognizes that I'm at that stand and I have to use the 'select stand' command to tell the SODE system where I am. This usually works fine except when the gate is a relatively high number and I have to select the 'next' command more than 3 or 4 times, with P3D in full screen mode (windowed or not) the SODE menu window will dissapear and never return until sim relaunch. I believe this is an entirely, probably simconnect, issue. In non-fullscreen windowed mode I can click 'next' as many times as needed and finally select the gate and dock it. An example of this would be like gate D40 at Fly Tampa KLAS.

I, like many others, have wondered why it is that SODE does not provide the option of a keyboard to directly start the docking or undocking process for a jetway. The only shortcut/keybind I can find is the one to open the SODE menu.

I should point out that I do not have GSX installed on my system. I, like some others, have thought about removing SODE all together. But I wonder what happens to airport sceneries where the developer has integrated SODE jetways. I know some have an option for selecting SODE jetways or not but many don't. For those sceneries that don't offer the option I'm concerned that I'll have no jetways.

Any thoughts/comments appreciated.

Dave Paige

Hi Dave, I would suspect that this has nothing to do with type aircraft and the need to select stand is because you are outside of the narrow range that SODE will look at as the parking spot.  This doesn't mean you are parked wrong, but the SODE placement is not done precisely enough.  I've had many 3d party payware sceneries with SODE jetways that I have had to manually edit the placement to get the jetway working.  Just sloppy work.  Worst is DD because he encrypts his SODE files so one cannot fix them.

Helpful tip is to assign an alternate hot key because the TAB key is owned by the PMDG FMS scratchpad function if you are in the NGXu.  I've assigned SODE jetway to Shift+J just because it's close to the default Ctrl+J.

Dan Downs KCRP

2 hours ago, downscc said:

Hi Dave, I would suspect that this has nothing to do with type aircraft and the need to select stand is because you are outside of the narrow range that SODE will look at as the parking spot.  This doesn't mean you are parked wrong, but the SODE placement is not done precisely enough.  I've had many 3d party payware sceneries with SODE jetways that I have had to manually edit the placement to get the jetway working.  Just sloppy work.  Worst is DD because he encrypts his SODE files so one cannot fix them.

Helpful tip is to assign an alternate hot key because the TAB key is owned by the PMDG FMS scratchpad function if you are in the NGXu.  I've assigned SODE jetway to Shift+J just because it's close to the default Ctrl+J.

Hi there, would you mind letting me know how do you to manually edit the placement to get the jetway working. which program do you use? Thank you

Sergio Naiberg

It depends what’s wrong. The aircraft model  door contact points could be incorrect. This is unlikely for a pay ware aircraft. The second possibility is that the jetway itself is placed incorrectly. You would need to download and read about SODEPlacer:

https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/sodeplacer-v0-5.442264/

You need need to edit the airport’s XML file such that the jetway is aligned correctly with the parking space.

29 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

It depends what’s wrong. The aircraft model  door contact points could be incorrect. This is unlikely for a pay ware aircraft. The second possibility is that the jetway itself is placed incorrectly. You would need to download and read about SODEPlacer:

https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/sodeplacer-v0-5.442264/

You need need to edit the airport’s XML file such that the jetway is aligned correctly with the parking space.

Thanks, will try

Sergio Naiberg

On 1/17/2020 at 2:13 PM, downscc said:

No, If I load the NGX at gate D40 in Fly Tampa KLAS it's recognized. If I load the NGXu at the same gate it's not recognized. This is without moving either aircraft after loading. BTW, every other addon aircraft I own, TFDI 717, Maddog MD80, and Majestic Q400 are all recognized as being at gate D40 just fine.

Edited by dave_paige

Dave Paige

17 hours ago, dave_paige said:

No, If I load the NGX at gate D40 in Fly Tampa KLAS it's recognized. If I load the NGXu at the same gate it's not recognized. This is without moving either aircraft after loading. BTW, every other addon aircraft I own, TFDI 717, Maddog MD80, and Majestic Q400 are all recognized as being at gate D40 just fine.

Sounds like something is not recognizing the new product.  Verify that everything is up to date, latest versions, such as SODE engine.

Dan Downs KCRP

All that has already been done. Latest SODE, latest versions of the sceneries with SODE jetways. I don't use GSX.

Dave Paige

17 hours ago, dave_paige said:

All that has already been done. Latest SODE, latest versions of the sceneries with SODE jetways. I don't use GSX.

Revisiting this old thread, but what message does it say? Does it say "No jetway can operate from this position" or some other message?

Aaron Kim

MOS 8502 @ 2Mhz, 512 KB 1750 Ram Expansion Unit, VIC-II E (40 columns mode), SID 6581 3-voice sound chip. 

그래요!! 

There are two lines of text in the SODE window.

"Select Stand" because SODE does not recognize that my plane is there.

"No triggerable objects found within 6.5mi/12km"

If I load into the same spot with the PMDG NGX or any other aircraft, SODE recognizes that the plan is there. Only the NGXu is not recognized as being there.

Dave Paige

On 1/10/2020 at 6:41 AM, mitsos said:

Hi there all .... I know that this is an old post but, i just wanted to point something
VERY important out, for almost ALL the "sode compatible airports". (wichever you have installed)

I noticed that MANY developers, are making the same mistake, over and over again
in MANY sode airports (maybe rushing TOO quickly to finish their code or somethin....) 🤔
As we all already know, every s.o.d.e. airport has some XML files.. right ?... now here is the trick !!

1) open up your XML file from your s.o.d.e. airport as "word pad"
2) ok, now scroll down to the bottom to very last word from the code, or if it's a symbol, something like this (<>)
it's the same thing (doesn't matter)...
3) left click 1 time after the last symbol or word (on the right side of it) so that you can type anything you want, after it.
4) Hit 1 time ENTER on your keyboard, so that your mouse coursor starts blinking under the very last word.

Close the XML file and save the changes .............. Done !! 😉
(There must be ALWAYS a blank line, under the XML code, or under the last word in the XML file...
well, at least this is how it worked for me !)

... I am not a programer, ok ?... but my thought goes like, if this blank line
is not added to the XML, this xml file can NOT complete the cycle of the "code command".
Well, maybe i'm wrong ...maybe i'm right as i explained it, i don't know ...But it worked.
...and i think that THIS is the way always, an xml file should be done, wether it is in a game, or a program,
in a simulator, in an application, in add-ons ..... and so on, and so on ....

Dimitris.

I once got paid very good money to write code.  I have no desire to do so now i am retired, that is why I pay good money for addons. I am beginning to think full refunds should be allowed if even one piece of poor code is found.  Developers begrudging after trying to say it is just me tell me I have to do things that take me valuable time to fix their mistakes.

Harry Woodrow