Sign in to follow this  
jwyman

TOPCAT not updating PDMG 737NGX

Hello All,

I just got finished buidling a new computer system for FSX. I used to run FSX on another computer with Win 7. I have many add-ons including FSUIPC and Simconnect. All of the add-ons that require a connection to FSX connected and communicated just fine.

With the latest machine, I have installed Win 10 on it due to the CPU and MB no longer supporting Win 7 (i.e. there are no drivers in Win 7 that support some of the new H/W).

I have installed FSX, FTX/ORBX, PDMG aircraft, TopCat, and other addons..

So far everything works fine except when i use TopCat to update my PDMG fuel and Payload, it wont update the A/C. It used to work in Win 7 on my older machine.

Topcat shows that it is connected through FSUIPC when i try to send the data to the 737NGX but hten FSX alerts me that Topcat cannot update the fuel and payload....

I have checked read/write permissions and run Topcat with admin rights. Still no success...

Jim

i5 8600K @ 4.5GHZ || 16GB RAM || GTX1070 8GB || 500GB SSD || Win 10
Prepar3d V4.5 || FTX/ORBX Base, Vector, openLC || Rex 4 Direct Textures & SkyForce 3D || AS For Prepar3d || Pro ATC-X ||  UTL2 Beta 2.10
PDMG 737-800,777, Aerosoft A319/A320/A321/A330, QW 787

Jim, 

From what I have learned, PMDG recommends never to use TOPCAT or anything like it to directly load fuel, cargo, pax, etc.  TOPCAT also states the it fuel figures are only estimates based on straight line flying.  I do use TOPCAT for the info it provides but I enter that info manually into the PMDG FMC.  

Understand this doesn't directly answer your question, but hope it helps.  

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library

29 minutes ago, SAX702 said:

Jim, 

From what I have learned, PMDG recommends never to use TOPCAT or anything like it to directly load fuel, cargo, pax, etc.  TOPCAT also states the it fuel figures are only estimates based on straight line flying.  I do use TOPCAT for the info it provides but I enter that info manually into the PMDG FMC.  

Understand this doesn't directly answer your question, but hope it helps.  

Thanks! I have also read that. Looking right now that TopCat is not working for PDMG. I will have to install my other 3rd party A/C to see if TopCat still works with those. My question is, Topcat physically updates the actual fuel and payload on the PDMG (least it used to). You still have to manually update the FMC to reflect the correct fuel load. 

If you update it in the FMC for fuel and payload, does that ACTUALLY change the aircraft or just the info in the FMC?

Prepar3d V4.5 || FTX/ORBX Base, Vector, openLC || Rex 4 Direct Textures & SkyForce 3D || AS For Prepar3d || Pro ATC-X ||  UTL2 Beta 2.10

Jim, the information you enter on the PMDG FMC does change the aircraft.  You see this by changing the fuel or payload and seeing the aircraft move up or down.  

Also found this article very informative.  

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library

Thanks for the info... I will NOT use TopCat for the PDMG A/C. I will see if i need it for the others ...

This really helped.

Cheers!

Jim

You can use topcat for performance calculations.... just don't let it update the fuel or weight and balance

Mike Avallone

9900k@5.0,Corsair H115i cooler,ASUS 2080TI,GSkill 32GB pc3600 ram, 2 WD black NVME ssd drives, ASUS maximus hero MB