Sign in to follow this  
richjb2

737NGX & P3D ver 4.2 and nosewheel steering

I'm posting this in the General forum because I did not have a chance to check this out in the B777.

Following an upgrade to P3Dv4.2, I did a test flight with the NGX B737-700 stock livery.  Everything performed well; however, after landing was not able to steer the aircraft using my rudder pedals.  I selected the outside view to see both nose wheel and rudder deflection in response to rudder movement. Both the rudder and the nose wheel moved in response to rudder pedal application, moved in the proper direction showed, and showed full deflection when the rudder pedals were pushed to the respective stop.  Yet, during this down the runway test, the stock NGX B737-700 did not turn or if it did turn is very, very minor. 

Has anyone else had this issue following the upgrade to P3Dv4.2 and the NGX?

When time permits, I'll check the B777.  

I seem to recall some earlier issues with nosewheel steering and P3Dv4.0.  Could this be related?

Any ideas on a fix?

Thanks!

Rich Boll

Wichita KS

Richard Boll

Wichita, KS

How is your steering assigned? In P3D, FSUIPC? Is it via steering tiller, or rudder axis? Is auto rudder ticked? It is also normal for rudder to adjust nosewheel steering substantially less than tiller, if thats how you have it configured and are above 35kts.

if you have EzDoc (EZCA), you need to switch off body shake effects till they updated it (they said 14 Feb).

Ali A.

MSFS on PC: I9-13900KS | ASUS ROG STRIX Z790 MB | 32GB DDR5/7200MHz RAM | ASUS TUF RTX4090 OCE | 1TB M.2 Samsung 990 Pro (Windows) +2TB Samsung 990 Pro for MSFS + 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD for DATA | EK-Nucleus AIO CR360 Lux D-RGB CPU cooler.

HP Reverb G2 VR (occasional use) | Samsung G9 49" Curved Monitor | Tobii Eye tracker 5 | Logitech sound system 7.1 | VIRPIL Controls (Joystick + thrust levers + rudder pedals) | Windows 11 Pro.

1 hour ago, richjb2 said:

Any ideas on a fix?

Sounds like you have auto-rudder selected, or some other program is getting in the way.

A lot of people forget that uninstalls/reinstalls of things reset a lot of stuff to the defaults.

Kyle Rodgers

Did you performed an autoland? Don't forget to switch off the autopilot otherwise your aircraft will follow the runway centre line commanded by the ILS signal.

Regards

Jo va Bra

.A.and make sure you "clear all" after landing, Autoland or not..... AP off, FD off otherwise you are in the grass.....

Virtual Air Canada - Alex Luzajic

I was using Ezdok and I did not check the Settings after the install.  First time that I have done a P3D Client upgrade without doing the full uninstall/reinstall.  Let me look at these two items see if they fix the issue. 

Thanks!

Rich Boll

Richard Boll

Wichita, KS

Answer: You updated to 4.2 before your other add-ons had a chance to do so. Problems like this seem to happen every time there is a P3D update. Personally, I’m waiting for a week or so to update, but thanks for being our beta tester. But in all seriousness, check all your add-ons for updates. That is most likely your problem. FSUIPC comes to mind first....but the dev is on vacation until the 20th. 

56 minutes ago, richjb2 said:

I was using Ezdok and I did not check the Settings after the install.  First time that I have done a P3D Client upgrade without doing the full uninstall/reinstall.  Let me look at these two items see if they fix the issue. 

It really was an issue caused by Ezdok. We have already fixed everything and soon there will be a new version. Keep an eye on the Flight1 forum:

http://www.simforums.com/forums/ezdok-software_forum39.html

Nick Bebyakin   / Handmade cameraset - Ezdok v2  and Ezdok v3
EZdok Software. Support remains on the     http://www.ezdok-camera.com/

i5-9500F@4.4GHz / 20Gb / RTX 2060-OC-6Gb / Win10x64 / MSFS2020

someone has to be first, although it's not good to be the first penguin off the iceberg. He's the one usually eaten first...

• Upvote 1

Richard Boll

Wichita, KS

19 hours ago, MattS said:

Answer: You updated to 4.2 before your other add-ons had a chance to do so. Problems like this seem to happen every time there is a P3D update. Personally, I’m waiting for a week or so to update, but thanks for being our beta tester. But in all seriousness, check all your add-ons for updates. That is most likely your problem. FSUIPC comes to mind first....but the dev is on vacation until the 20th. 

FSUIPC 5.123 is NOT conpatible. 5.122a is. You find a thread here on the PMDG forum with a link to it in one of the „PMDG and 4.2“ topics