Sign in to follow this  
Nick M

Fix for missing A2A aircraft in Prepar3D v4.2

Just though I'd repost this information from the A2A forums in case it's helpful to A2A Simulations customers who rarely visit their forums.

The release of Prepar3D v4.2 yesterday seems to have thrown up an issue affecting some A2A customers.

The Problem
A2A aircraft installed to a custom directory such as "F:/Prepar3D v4 Add-Ons/A2A" no longer appear in the list of vehicles in Prepar3D v4.2.

The Cause
The A2A installers command the Prepar3D.exe to write the custom installation path to an "add-ons.cfg" files stored in the user's "ProgramData" directory. In Prepar3D v4.0 and v4.1, this path supported a trailing backslash, but in Prepar3D v4.2 it appears this is no longer the case.

The Fix (For Now, Anyway)
To resolve this issue, please open the "add-ons.cfg" file in the following location...

C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\add-ons.cfg

...Find the line beginning "PATH=" which records the location where your A2A add-ons are installed, and edit this line to remove just the trailing backslashbefore saving the file.

For example, if the line reads "PATH=F:\Prepar3D v4 Add-Ons\A2A\" edit it to read "PATH=F:\Prepar3D v4 Add-Ons\A2A" instead.

Note: By default the "ProgramData" directory is hidden to protect its contents so you may need to 'unhide' it as described here.

Thanks,
Nick

• Upvote 4

Nick M - A2A Simulations

Thanks for pinning the post Elaine.

Just for info, I did raise the matter on the Prepar3D forums too, and Rob McCarthy responded that it was being looked into, but the topic has since disappeared by the looks of it. The original post was here and I can't seem to find it elsewhere on the forum there.

Hopefully it's just a glitch as I don't think I said anything controversial! :smile:

Nick

• Upvote 1

Nick M - A2A Simulations

Hello Nick

Lewis has brought this Issue up on the v4 Beta Forums and has also linked your Topic to it,  The LM staff have access to your Topic and the Information Included

Yes I was going to Pin the Topic but Mr speedy fingers himself (VIC) go there before me :)     

Aha - thanks for the extra info Elaine, that's great.

Nick

Nick M - A2A Simulations

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the proper path for add-ons.cfg is "%appdata%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4".  There is a copy in programdata, but I don't believe it's used.

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

There are more than one add-on.cfg. This is the one that is used by the cmdline installer package and is the one to be edited for A2A aircraft.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Thanks Vic.  My A2A entries are in the "%appdata%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\add-ons.cfg"; best to check both if anyone is still having issues.

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

Yes, if you select the default installation path for your A2A add-ons in "Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons", the "add-ons.cfg" file in "\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4" is the one which will be written to.

The other "add-ons.cfg" file in "ProgramData" is used in the event of installation to a custom directory.

Nick

• Upvote 2

Nick M - A2A Simulations